Spreading Sikhism.

Pakandi baba

hearye.gif

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

Me and a few friends have taken some verses from the SGGS (translated) to spread Sikhi to people of other ethnic backgrounds. They too will learn the greatness/purity of the Sikh religion! - Just like Dhan Dhan Shri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Mahraaj Sacha Patsha spread the message many years ago. pray.gif

Thousands of leaflets are to be printd too. And will be distributed in non-asian areas.

Although we have many volunteers, we are always happy for more people to do seva. - If you want to assist, drop me a message and we'll see what we can arrange.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

dont print bani on paper and give it to random people, thats a big NO NO !!!!!

i think it'll be better if we make phamplets explaning the core values/beliefs of sikhism (rather than writing bani) and give them a phone number or email or something to get more info if they want....

dont print bani on paper and give it to random people, thats a big NO NO !!!!!

i think it'll be better if we make phamplets explaning the core values/beliefs of sikhism (rather than writing bani) and give them a phone number or email or something to get more info if they want....

We didn't just wake up one day and think we'd do this. - We have backing from the main Gurdwaras who have more knowledge of things Sikhi, than you and I. - It's been a long process. - Watch this space

Gur Fateh. pray.gif

so i take it you are still going ahead with printing bani on a phamplet and giving to people, most of whom will probalby throw is in grabage or just drop it on the floor :ysad:

so i take it you are still going ahead with printing bani on a phamplet and giving to people, most of whom will probalby throw is in grabage or just drop it on the floor :ysad:

Verses translated. Those will only be handed out to those that request them. - The rest will be basic beliefs of Sikhi. and Guru Nanak.

Verses translated. Those will only be handed out to those that request them. - The rest will be basic beliefs of Sikhi. and Guru Nanak.

Have you though about getting intouch with the education authorities to organise events that will educate all non sikhs on the values of sikhi - starting at the lower ages is a good starting point ie, schools etc.

There are also other organisations that can help, such as the National Heritage.

Doing leaflets is good - But to a degree we dont want to be known as the next Johova Witness (no offence)

There seems to be a lot of hesitation around what this person is planning on doing.

I think its a great idea!

Many people just don't know anything about SIkhi, I'm always getting asked if I'm a muslim...

I think by having a combination of ENGLISH TRANSLATIONS of Gurbani (highlighted the beautiful messages within Gurbani) and also some basics principles about Sikhs and Sikhi is a wonderful idea.

The argument about printing on paper and discarding is valid to some extent, but in the digital era can you explain what we do with webpages or online media citing Gurbani? How do we dispose of them?

To spread the word...and belive me the word NEEDS to be spread (contry to those who think Sikhi is perfectly fine without needing any of us to go out and bring the flock back in)....we need things like this to occur..we need to educate people about who we are and what we stand for.

We need to move forward and embrace some changes in our attitudes...change is always good and is natural.

If we move forward, change our ideas on how to promote Sikhi WHILST keep try to the principles of Gurmat...whats the issue?????