Guru Nanaks Bday In A Mandir!

Pakandi baba

Fateh Ji

I've just seen this clip of Bhai Chamanjeet Singh Khalsa doing Kirtan in a Mandir. As you can see, they have idols of Hindu Gods. (Plus one that looks vaguely like 'Guru Nanak')

Inbetween they have a Bir of Dhan Dhan Guru Granth Shaib Ji - I'm not kicking up a fuss, but it's fine to sing praises of Guru ji in other places of worship. But, the SGGS should not be present amongst idols.

Your opnions!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHs8uv3R24Y

iF guru granth sahib jees saroop is in the mandir besides idols etc then it is clearly against gurmat. However if guru jees saroop is not there then its opinion whether you shud or shudnt do kirtan.

It is there! - They do a close-up of it! In the middle of the room!

Im really uneducated about Hinduism so please forgive me in advance.

I thought it was quite a beautiful shabad. I think, from the few seconds of just listening to it, that the keertan would certainly enlighten you spiritually.

If Guru Jee's saroop was there... in a mandir.. that needs to be addressed. But it could be their own "hindu holy scrriptures"? Like the vedas or something? Sorry, correct me, im probably wrong as i mentioned before. But have to be honest, it does look like our Guru Jee's saroop which does baffle and hurt me that Guru Jee is being kept at a Mandir... HOWEVER, if Guru jee was visiting a mandir (stress "VISITING") a mandir, then i dont see anything wrong in that. Our Guru Jee opens everyone and i think its amazing if Guru Jee can travel the four corners of the earth. And the mandir looks more like a palace compared to 80% of Gurdwaras in the UK that ive seen.

Forgive me for my mistakes and please dont get angry at me

Im really uneducated about Hinduism so please forgive me in advance.

I thought it was quite a beautiful shabad. I think, from the few seconds of just listening to it, that the keertan would certainly enlighten you spiritually.

If Guru Jee's saroop was there... in a mandir.. that needs to be addressed. But it could be their own "hindu holy scrriptures"? Like the vedas or something? Sorry, correct me, im probably wrong as i mentioned before. But have to be honest, it does look like our Guru Jee's saroop which does baffle and hurt me that Guru Jee is being kept at a Mandir... HOWEVER, if Guru jee was visiting a mandir (stress "VISITING") a mandir, then i dont see anything wrong in that. Our Guru Jee opens everyone and i think its amazing if Guru Jee can travel the four corners of the earth. And the mandir looks more like a palace compared to 80% of Gurdwaras in the UK that ive seen.

Forgive me for my mistakes and please dont get angry at me

Along these lines, Guru sahib went to mecca, so whats wrong if Guru Ji visited a mandir, we are taught respect for all religions, if guru ji was just visiting and were fully respected tere is nothing wrong with that

It does look like a Sindhi Mandir. Guru Nanak Gurpurab is the biggest day for Sindhis, as they were greatly influenced by his teachings when Guru Nanak Dev Ji passed through Sindh during one of his Udasis. Celebrating his Gurpurab (in their own way) is their centuries old traditon or religion if you may. Anyways, I copy pasted this from one Sindhi Website:

This year (2000), the birthday of the Great Master, Guru Nanak Sahib falls on the 11th of November. The Sindhis were greatly influenced by Guru Nanak's teachings as he did pass through Sindh and expound his beautifully simple philosophy to the Sindhis of that area. The Sindhis were so deeply influenced by the Master's teachings that it was not uncommon for the Sindhis to make their first son a Sikh. Even today the Sindhis worship Guru Nanak with the same fervor that they accord to, Shri Krishna, Shri Ram, Shivji or/ and Ma Durga, Laxmi and Saraswati. The Geeta and The Guru Granth Sahib both enjoy an exalted status in Sindhi homes. Come let us pay homage to this Giant personality.

Guest militant singh

guru nanak wasnt an idolator we are not idl worshipers and dnt follow bipran ki reet only the traitors and massands among us bring us dwn,and gve in2 the wants of neo nazi groups like the rss. im not happi

we have idols all around us wherever we go. So your saying that in your house you dont have ornaments in the very house that you keep you gutke? Plus in the days of our beloved gurus they met hindus from all denominations who were all idol worshipers yet they still managed to recieve audience of maharaj. *EDITED*, so what if there are idols there, in india every pind has a mandir where murti pooja happens so are you saying that a gurudwara shouldnt be built in the same pind, see from one extreme to the other. Just relax, naam japo, kirt karo, who cares, did anyone do apmaan of maharaj, wasnt maharaj sat in a takht and palki with chaur sahib, wasnt there a sewadaar tending to maharaj? so why r u ppl *EDITED*, live and let live, thats what our gurus did. Akali Nihung Guru Gobind Singh Ji could have ordered all mandirs to be demolished back in the day but no, he had respect for people and their beliefs. I think our todays sangat needs to follow that very example!

It does look like a Sindhi Mandir. Guru Nanak Gurpurab is the biggest day for Sindhis, as they were greatly influenced by his teachings when Guru Nanak Dev Ji passed through Sindh during one of his Udasis. Celebrating his Gurpurab (in their own way) is their centuries old traditon or religion if you may. Anyways, I copy pasted this from one Sindhi Website:
This year (2000), the birthday of the Great Master, Guru Nanak Sahib falls on the 11th of November. The Sindhis were greatly influenced by Guru Nanak's teachings as he did pass through Sindh and expound his beautifully simple philosophy to the Sindhis of that area. The Sindhis were so deeply influenced by the Master's teachings that it was not uncommon for the Sindhis to make their first son a Sikh. Even today the Sindhis worship Guru Nanak with the same fervor that they accord to, Shri Krishna, Shri Ram, Shivji or/ and Ma Durga, Laxmi and Saraswati. The Geeta and The Guru Granth Sahib both enjoy an exalted status in Sindhi homes. Come let us pay homage to this Giant personality.

No disrespect but the statement:-

"The Sindhis were greatly influenced by Guru Nanak's teachings as he did pass through Sindh and expound his beautifully simple philosophy to the Sindhis of that area. The Sindhis were so deeply influenced by the Master's teachings"

should have "taught" them to REFRAIN from idol worship.

The video contradicts the statement. It proves that they WERE NOT influenced by Guru Nanaks teachings. Instead they are worshiping Guru Nanaks picture and Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji as idols!