Any Mre News On This

SaRpAnCh

Does it say anywhere or even in the hukanmama, one must not WEAR patka, ok let say a monah, a gorah walks in to a gurdwara with a "ramaal" on his head, does Guru ji say "Oh no you must not enter without a dastar"

Please come down of your high horse and be equal and remorseful. People these days have different shapes of style of pagh, a hugh pugh and a small pugh, you can call a patka a little keski or dastar, AT LEAST HES COVERED HIS HEAD.

I think some peoples head are getting huge, way to huge for their own good. No wonder people just dont see why they should take amrit, because fantatics and extremisits just push away those people with idle talk.

Well said Hardeep! Iv seen many of these people who are fanatics giving non amritari sikhs, call it lectures/advice/guidance and then sometime in the future come back to reality and break there amrit (not all people but there are those). Thats what makes people laff and stay away, if people could jus be on the same wave length as everybody else but still be amratari's, People would respect them far more (There are those kind of people too). Those people tend to bring non sikh's, Mona, trim singhs back to sikhi.

People need to look after themselves, make sure they do is right because u never know wats gonna happen in the future

AN example being me, I had taken amrit a very long time ago due to a fanatic, which I broke, but got told its in my blood, you cannot take amrit out, but we have to be rebaptised as soon as the true kirpa arrives.

Anyway, what I have learnt through life experience one should have "Sat Santokh" and "Nimerta" whats the point in wearing a khalsa attire, when you dont even have these things, an example is Baba Guru Nanak Dev ji through to The Tenth master, wearing simple clothes but had so much sat santokh and nimerta that they forgave many murderers etc and thats a big WOW, hence, Wah Guru, Wah Guru.

Do one thing, try and look at all people, and imagine the word "Wah Guru" embedded in each human, of course, he is in each one of them, your mind starts to relax and you begin to smile, the mind doesnt look at materialistic things such as pugh, patka etc, it sees the creation all as one.

Thats total Respect for you too own up, what you did, However the person who told you that the Amrit will always remain inside you is RIGHT! You are not the only 1 mate atleast we can learn from it. Like you said people need to relax.

Coming back to the article I would 100 % back Johnny up as he was treated racially by a copper, even though he may be a dodgy guy (its an scenario) but he shouldnt have been treated the way he was. If he did something wrong or charged for handling stolen goods then he should get punished, but not get RACIALLY punished.

I dont care if he is a quote from KURTAS "Go visit Johnny Singh and you will understand everything a bit better. He is your typical gangsta wannabe." typical gangster wanabe, let him be that, the only way he's gonna come back on the right path is if he gets support and makes friends with those who are already on the right path.

Thanks

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest militant singh

I ifnk da h8ers on dis forum shuld take a running jump,u lot are always putting people dwn da sikh in da newsreport was attacked cos he was sikh end of,i dnt care if he was a mona or sejhdhari,or even amritdhari,at the end of da day a bruva was attacked,and yall go putin him dwn,no wonder we aint got no where cos we jus put each ova dwn, so all ya h8ers jus go take a running jump u aint doin nufin all u do is chat crap, wen u get attackd racialt then u will learn

Does it say anywhere or even in the hukanmama, one must not WEAR patka, ok let say a monah, a gorah walks in to a gurdwara with a "ramaal" on his head, does Guru ji say "Oh no you must not enter without a dastar"

Please come down of your high horse and be equal and remorseful. People these days have different shapes of style of pagh, a hugh pugh and a small pugh, you can call a patka a little keski or dastar, AT LEAST HES COVERED HIS HEAD.

I think some peoples head are getting huge, way to huge for their own good. No wonder people just dont see why they should take amrit, because fantatics and extremisits just push away those people with idle talk.

Well said Hardeep! Iv seen many of these people who are fanatics giving non amritari sikhs, call it lectures/advice/guidance and then sometime in the future come back to reality and break there amrit (not all people but there are those). Thats what makes people laff and stay away, if people could jus be on the same wave length as everybody else but still be amratari's, People would respect them far more (There are those kind of people too). Those people tend to bring non sikh's, Mona, trim singhs back to sikhi.

People need to look after themselves, make sure they do is right because u never know wats gonna happen in the future

AN example being me, I had taken amrit a very long time ago due to a fanatic, which I broke, but got told its in my blood, you cannot take amrit out, but we have to be rebaptised as soon as the true kirpa arrives.

Anyway, what I have learnt through life experience one should have "Sat Santokh" and "Nimerta" whats the point in wearing a khalsa attire, when you dont even have these things, an example is Baba Guru Nanak Dev ji through to The Tenth master, wearing simple clothes but had so much sat santokh and nimerta that they forgave many murderers etc and thats a big WOW, hence, Wah Guru, Wah Guru.

Do one thing, try and look at all people, and imagine the word "Wah Guru" embedded in each human, of course, he is in each one of them, your mind starts to relax and you begin to smile, the mind doesnt look at materialistic things such as pugh, patka etc, it sees the creation all as one.

Thats total Respect for you too own up, what you did, However the person who told you that the Amrit will always remain inside you is RIGHT! You are not the only 1 mate atleast we can learn from it. Like you said people need to relax.

Coming back to the article I would 100 % back Johnny up as he was treated racially by a copper, even though he may be a dodgy guy (its an scenario) but he shouldnt have been treated the way he was. If he did something wrong or charged for handling stolen goods then he should get punished, but not get RACIALLY punished.

I dont care if he is a quote from KURTAS "Go visit Johnny Singh and you will understand everything a bit better. He is your typical gangsta wannabe." typical gangster wanabe, let him be that, the only way he's gonna come back on the right path is if he gets support and makes friends with those who are already on the right path.

Thanks

Your correct my friend! One who does bad deeds has been fogiven by the Guru himself, look at sajjan Thug, bidhi chandh, both robbers, but still were forgiven, hence if one commits a crime, its unlawful to be racist towards him, taking a dastar off or forcing one to take dastar off (even if the person has done bad) is like taking Guru's dastar off because its the symbol we have, a unity and with likes of others on the forum, we just cant see that unity, why because we cant accept others as equal, we think we are the best, we then involve ourselves in "Hankaar" which trips a sikh too.

More about Sajjan Thug:

Sajjan means a nice person, a friend, a helper. There was a man with this name living in Tulamba (now in Pakistan). He was known as a good man in his area. He had constructed an inn for travelers to rest for the night. Whenever a traveler would forget anything in the inn, Sajjan kept it as his own. Slowly he developed a bad habit of stealing valuables of the travelers when they were sleeping at night. After some time, this bad habit made him a wicked man. He even killed people staying at his inn if he wanted to take away the travelers belongings. The dead bodies were disposed of secretly by burying them in the compound at night. A “Sajjan” because of his bad habits thus became a “thug”. The people, therefore, called him “Sajjan Thug”.

On one of their journeys Guru Nanak Dev and Bhai Mardana stayed with Sajjan Thug for the night. In the evening Guru Nanak Dev sang a shabad while Bhai Mardana played on rebeck. The shabad explained that if a person is bad at heart, an outward show of good acts means nothings. God knows our mind and no one can bluff Him. The true friends (Sajjan) are actually the good deeds of a man. These good deeds help the man not only here in this world but also after death in the next life. By evil acts man makes his own mind dirty, because of whi9ch he not only suffers here in his world, but also his soul remains dirty even after death.

Sajjan Thug had been listening to this shabad attentively. As the shabad went into his ears, his mid started “seeing” the truth. He realized he was an evil man. He was taking away the belongings of innocent travelers to whom he was supposed to provide comfort and service.

Sajjan Thug went to Guru Nanak, folded his hands and confessed before the Guru that he was Sajjan only by name. Actually, by his deeds he was a thug. Sajjan Thug sincerely repented and promised to lead a holy life in the future.

The Guru was pleased by the change of his heart and he was, therefore, very kind to Sajjan Thug. Sajjan was advised to distribute all the ill-got money to the needy and start his life afresh as an honest man. He sincerely practiced as the Guru advised him. He started helping the visitors and making their stay comfortable by whatever he could do for them.

Thus, a Sajjan by name, a Thug by profession, became a Sajjan by his deeds as well, after meeting Guru Nanak.

Man is valued by the deeds he does. True friends are out good deeds. They remain with us even when our body dies.

As a general rule outsiders will respect those who respect themselves and lack respect for those who lack respect for themselves.

An adult wearing a patka (with few exceptions perhaps, sports, home etc.) or trimming his beard lacks basic underpinnings of self-respect for a Sikh. Some who identify themselves as sikhs can't recognize this, but many can smell the lack of confidence from a distance.

This lack of self respect is lying, cheating and stealing from oneself. It may or may not be relevant in this scenario, but these traits generally lead to others lacking respect.

cool after reading one of the above posts i thought:

one of us is goina help that johnny today and tomorrow he is still going to laugh at the backs of the other amritdharis who do not trim their beards and cover their heads with keski and say, " huh aagey baabey". yeah thats what the whole lot who are not amritdhari and drink and trim their beards....say.

this is i think the difference. had there been an amritdhari singh with a proper keski on his head, forced to take it off as a result of racism there wud have been a lot of people standing against it (including me ofcourse). but there is alwayz a long discussion b4 such a thing thats happened to johnny.

what i mean is, guruji alwayz forgives all our mistakes....just as mentioned in the above posts. but in this case i think one shud basically think whether the person follows guruji's hukam? can we put that under our relgious sentiments?

i don't think so....nah nah .

here is what i think that one shud focus upon the headgear being removed by a cop. and it might happen to one of us in future!!!

rather than focusing upon his deeds(coz the actual judge is guruji)...lets think about the issue arised here.

there are lots many people...asians and sikhs too....who are arrested and put into jails. but the matter here is about the patka being removed. well this is what actually wrong is.......

...i am a trim singh...

with daily effort you are,

why? do you feel ashamed to have a real dhari?

lol.... you make me laugh son... so im assuming you have a big Dharha?... thats your preference not mine but yours. My preference at the minute is not to have a "real dhari" as you say. That is entirely my decision. Before coming onto these forums please read the Title of the topic, this has nothing to do with what a guy looks like or wat he does but the FACT he was RACIALLY DISCRIMINATED BY A COPPER. I dont care if hes a trim singh or if he's a Amritari the POINT is he was RACIALLY DSCRIMINATED.

Now I hope that has got through to u, you so called "Sikhs"... you people have alot to learn in life

Fateh

...i am a trim singh...

with daily effort you are,

why? do you feel ashamed to have a real dhari?

lol.... you make me laugh son... so im assuming you have a big Dharha?... thats your preference not mine but yours. My preference at the minute is not to have a "real dhari" as you say. That is entirely my decision. Before coming onto these forums please read the Title of the topic, this has nothing to do with what a guy looks like or wat he does but the FACT he was RACIALLY DISCRIMINATED BY A COPPER. I dont care if hes a trim singh or if he's a Amritari the POINT is he was RACIALLY DSCRIMINATED.

Now I hope that has got through to u, you so called "Sikhs"... you people have alot to learn in life

Fateh

Exactly you the nail on the head 100% correct d_oh.gif