Sunderland Singhs, Tell Me This Aint Happening....!

Seva

from the video i cant make out whether it is actually the gurudwara, i recognise some of the people so its defo sunderland about just under a hours drive from where i am.

i think alot of people actually dont know about what they are doing wrong or understand the consequences, however that does not mean the commitee and other sikhs dont know about it.

this has gota be looked into. first thing we got do is confirm if its defo the gurudwara or gurudwara funded building and not somewhere else.

if it is then i feel something needs to be done big time

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Papooo doesnt see whats funny about the video...might b some of the moves??

Papooo thinks the impression on kids who attend these parties with Gurdwara afilliated halls must get confused. what message are we sending out by allowing this??

let me get this right - it is a gig that we are watching?

ok at the sunderland gurudwara , it is a 'church' which was turned into a gurudwara. the darbar sahib is connected to the langar hall, which is connected to this other 'hall' which is used for parties and weddings. this is where the alcohol and meat is served, the 'community' hall as it is known is used basically as a business, it is the property of the gurudwara so its total beadbi.

at one point people in the party bit used to wander into the langar hall so now they have either blocked the door off or keep it shut. then people used to cause commotion in the car park at night, which is also the gurudwara car park so iv been told people were told not to park in the gurudwara car park. but because the entrance is away from the main darbad sahib they must think it is perfectly ok. another problem is that , members of the commitee may eat meat and drink themselves so its gonna be like talking ot a brick wall.

this is the information i got from good local sources, il be visting the gurudwara soon, because i have never been myself yet, and need to see whats what.

with gurus kirpa, the sunderland sangat will get together and understand and educate everyone about how wrong this is and come to a peaceful result.................

this people who find this type of act funny r stupid!!!!!!!!!!

pure beadbii!!!!

sum1 find out who it is so we can rush em!!!!!!!

3 years of anti beadbi campaigning and we still can’t get out of this mob mentality of “rushin” the joint. We can jump on coaches and travel miles to "rush" the joint but then next week comes and the beadbi starts again because the threat of the joint being "rushed" again is reduced or security is bought in.

Why can’t the established Campaigns or Gurdwaras/Deras or established Jathabhandia adopt a long term missionary approach in the areas where Manmat takes place! I mean travelling jathas carry out Amrit Sanchars in European towns but are the home grown problems being over looked. Large groups of naujwaan can turn up week in week out, temporarily push a “mataa” through by applying pressure on the Committee or the Sangat but what happens next month or a few months down the line. How easily will the manmat creep back in again?

The present state of affairs is such that committees will keep coming up with the ludicrous idea that a party hall is needed to serve the local sangat, hence create the supply. But the worrying fact is that a demand exists, where the sangat start utilising these facilities!! So stopping the supply is not enough because we cannot ignore the fact that we need to influence the demand for the party halls too!!

pure beadbii!!!!

3 years of anti beadbi campaigning and we still can’t get out of this mob mentality of “rushin” the joint. We can jump on coaches and travel miles to "rush" the joint but then next week comes and the beadbi starts again because the threat of the joint being "rushed" again is reduced or security is bought in.

Why can’t the established Campaigns or Gurdwaras/Deras or established Jathabhandia adopt a long term missionary approach in the areas where Manmat takes place! I mean travelling jathas carry out Amrit Sanchars in European towns but are the home grown problems being over looked. Large groups of naujwaan can turn up week in week out, temporarily push a “mataa” through by applying pressure on the Committee or the Sangat but what happens next month or a few months down the line. How easily will the manmat creep back in again?

The present state of affairs is such that committees will keep coming up with the ludicrous idea that a party hall is needed to serve the local sangat, hence create the supply. But the worrying fact is that a demand exists, where the sangat start utilising these facilities!! So stopping the supply is not enough because we cannot ignore the fact that we need to influence the demand for the party halls too!!

ahhh my economist veer, u are right, rushin alone is not effective and sometimes out of hand, but it does show the support of sikhs on the matter, if no one turned up then people think its just a 'few' singhs kickin up a fuss. we need to organise it , and make sure that the sangat understands, we need someone to coordinate things and thats wat resepct for guru granth sahib ji brothers are for (i think().

io think first step is to make a poster , post it and the local gurudwaras and get the sangats attention and a copy of the hukamnama banning these things. that way when things get rolling the sangat understand us and not think us as 'wrong' .

hopefully that will cut the demand and therefore the suppliers can go and do pesh.

pure beadbii!!!!

ahhh my economist veer, u are right, rushin alone is not effective and sometimes out of hand, but it does show the support of sikhs on the matter, if no one turned up then people think its just a 'few' singhs kickin up a fuss. we need to organise it , and make sure that the sangat understands, we need someone to coordinate things and thats wat resepct for guru granth sahib ji brothers are for (i think().

io think first step is to make a poster , post it and the local gurudwaras and get the sangats attention and a copy of the hukamnama banning these things. that way when things get rolling the sangat understand us and not think us as 'wrong' .

hopefully that will cut the demand and therefore the suppliers can go and do pesh.

Getting the balance right and working by consensus is what I think is the way forward. This is the way purataan Sikhs worked, where decision making involved collective input from the misl sardaars and other elder Gursikhs. As youth we can keep entertaining the beautiful idea that we are the “chosen ones” who have the quick fix to clean up the Sikhi but why is there only a small youth presence when it comes to combating these issues? Why are the elders, women and other cross sections of the Sikh nation so reluctant to have any input into the Campaigns against beadbi? What do our elder Gursikhs think about what we are doing? Before “rushing” the joint we should be thinking about this too and what the repercussion of any direct action is! Are we ready to pick up the pieces or will we run of back to our towns, issue a press release and look for the next mission.

We are fighting the war of ignorance just as our predecessors had to combat, from Mughals to the GOI to Ourselves. All the misinterpretations of Sikh Maryada boils down to our own ignorance. In order to combat ignorance we need to work on education and awareness. The struggle we will always be up against is when the” ignorant” see little or no personal benefit in knowing the truth.