Highs And Lows Of Life

Singhstah

VahegurooJiKaKhalsaVahegurooJiKiFateh

Sangat Ji, what do you think are the causes of highs and lows of life. Maya, lack of naam? Is happiness itself also maya, i dont mean worldy objects, i mean when like just stuff goes well and you feel good, inside. What about real sadness to, does all saddness inside wound down to lack of naam? Is it maya trying to distract you?

Lets see what sangat thinks.

VahegurooJiKaKhalsaVahegurooJiKiFateh!!

the main problem in life is society. different views= different problems.

money is mainly a neccesity in todays world, some people think its satisfying to make money, and some people are satisfied with meditation. its hard to point out a problem that cause the highs and lows of life, because life is what you make out of it

Sehaj??

came acrross this ..

''To me sehaj represents a continuous state of being. I think that what the Gurus wanted was for us to find this state of sehaj, where we had a connection with Vaheguru not just for a moment, but for always.

If you're going to do anything, if you're going to be anything, it has to be sehaj. If you want to be nirbhau, it has to be sehaj nirbhau. If you want to be nirvair, it has to be sehaj nirvair. Everything you do must be in sehaj, because when you're two-minded about things then you can never be balanced. When Guru sahib talks about getting rid of duality, I think that's what he means - that we need to be ONE person, not everywhere. We need to be in sehaj.

Sehaj Anand, then, is a continuous state of bliss. That's what chardikala is. When we feel Vaheguru, we only feel it for an instant, and then it's gone. But true Gurmukhs feel it all the time, they feel it in sehaj.

AwgY suKu pwCY suK shjw Gir Awnµdu hmwrY ] rhwau ]

aagai sukh paashhai sukh sehajaa ghar aana(n)dh hamaarai || rehaao ||

I am at peace in this world, and I shall be in celestial peace in the next; my home is filled with bliss. ||Pause||

In this shabad, in the rahau line, Guru Sahib talks about Sukh Sehaja - continuous happiness. It's a state beyond what we think of happiness -one minute we're happy, then something happens and we're sad or upset. We are never one feeling. Sukh Sehaja is beyond regular happiness; it's the feeling that no matter what, good times or bad, you will always feel this bliss, this joy. It's what Guru Arjan felt while being tortured -Sukh Sehaja.''

dont know if that helps..

hope it did