Self-esteem

Guest _Dreamer_

physical health should be good its not only ques of beauti i mean its health .... u ignore it and ur dead .... if ur to skini .... visit doctor .... eat healthy food .... truely visit doctor biba .... because to fat or to skini that shows there is some thing wrong inside ur body ... it could be digestive system .... who knows which in future lead to some big problem .... so take some good advise from person in this field .... and carry on with life ... naam jaap and take amrit ....

or u also do this .... buy a batta of sarbloh and fill it with water .... and ever day do nitname of 5 bania over do ardasa to make u fat and drink it ....

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly it may be useful for you to go and see your doctor - they often have people come in with problems with weight or skin problems etc and it is possible the problems may be easily treated with some medication.

With regards to skin, it may be useful to take regular intensive exercise (to the point of heavily sweating), drink lots of water and take out excessively sugary foods (junk food, fizzy drinks, etc) from the diet. Stress can also be a cause of skin problems.

Guest _Singhni_

I totally agree with 'singhnee' and 'guru gobind singh jee's beauti'.... a lot of girls feel insecure and i hate to say it, but its mostly becos of the singhs. i mean y do girls wear make-up, jewellery, tight clothes?? its 2 attract the opposite genders attention and whoever says it cos ' they wanna feel gud bout themselves', well thats all rubbish! if the singhs stop expecting a girl thats 'pretty' and worry bout her spiritual jeevan, sumthin that actually counts then i think a lot of girls wuld stop tryin 2 impress them and concentrate on whats important! i no hardly any singhs who truely would not care what a girl looked like, u think sum r religious and then u hear them say stuff or so and so tells u that he was sayin that he'd only marry this kind of 'pretty' girl (usually the ones that wear make-up, dishonour their hair and dress in an inappropriate way).... its sickening and shows u how far into kaljug we r.

to the penji who created this post... someone in their post said, jap nam, read bani and keep rehat... i totally agree. the only way ull ever sense true happiness and be totally content with urself is if u do these things. no1 in this world (not even ur parents) can make u feel worthy, cos its false! u dont want 2 feel worthy by then, u shud want to feel worhty 4 guru jee and the only way thats gonna happen is by doin the above three things. trust me, once u get onto the path of sikhi and u realise that ur guru gobind singh jees daugher.. no matter what any1 says 2 u, they cant take thataway from u and thats sumthin 2 be proud of! guru gobind singh jees daughters are beautiful in everyway and guru jee ALWAYS looks after them :)

i've talked to a number of girls as to why they wear makeup and jewellery...

and none of them have ever said it was for the guys....it's what they like to do...

i'm not saying there are no girls who do it for the guys...but to say the opposite statement for every girl that wears makeup is just as wrong...

also...i still have yet to see where guru ji has said makeup OR jewellery is against gurmat...

yes...guru ji does question people that are stuck in makeup and jewellery and why they dont remember akal purkh...ie..do simran, seva, sangat...

he says of what use is all this...but then we should also remember that guru ji says that about a lot of things...the message of gurbani is EVERYTHING we see is binsanhaaar....it will all go one day...SIMRAN is the ONLY thing that Remains...remember Akhaaa jeevaan, visraay mar jaaoo....those who live in remembrance live, all others are dead...

but none of us are willing to say that our families are agisnt gurmat, going to school is against gurmat, wearing nice clothes is against gurmat, wearing nice shoes, cleaning our bodies...all the daily things that we all do....is against gurmat... i don't understand then why is it that makeup and jewellery are attacked....

i'm not someone that encourages anyone to wear makeup...to me, the preoccupation of wearing makeup and the preoccupation that many singhs these days have with how nice they can make their dumalla, what design kirpan looks the best, whether their chola has rounded corners or straight corners....both are TWO sides of the same coin....and the coin is of the PHYSICAL PLANE....

Our guru's bani is that of the spiritual plane...lets not limit it with our intellect, but reflect on it with our intuition...

to the bhenji who said...that you can't be all good on the inside and not show it on the outside....you TOO are stuck in physical..and you have made that statement from a sort of ethnocentric place...cuz to you...a good person doesn't wear makeup, looks a certain way...how can you say such things while being a sikh of guru...

someone who wears the panj kakkaars...says nothing about whether or not they are a good person...all it signifies is that this is a person who may be walking the guru's path...that person like any other person may be a nice person or not a very nice person...

as sikhs of our guru sahib, we should recognize that the jot of akal purkh is in everyone...where someone is in their spiritual path should not be our business...you should see them as a child of god, and a brother/sister that has crossed paths in our soul journey...

with all you people judging those girls with makeup on...no wonder they don't want to come into sikhi or do sangat with you people...i myself have endured instances of being judged and i don't do sangat with those same people anymore....just because i don't wear a chola, or a big kirpan on top of my clothes, or that i tie my dari...

i remember on the first day of second year at U of T...as i was leaving the lecture hall...i saw a singhni of guru sahib, she was dressed in a bana with a keski...i remember being all excited and stopped to say fateh, and she didn't even reply with a fateh...just kinda nodded her head...the girl beside...her wasn't in any bana...smiled and said "waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh"...

now you tell me as a human being...what would you make of that?

again i'm not saying one is better than the other...i'm just saying we can't always know the inner condition of someone's soul, simply by what we see on the exterior...

you are talking about some people not all, and what most of the people do or approve doesn't mean its right!

but i will let some other singhni(s) who has more knowledge than me reply back to ur experience and thoughts!

i agree with u though that we def can't judge anyone. we learn each nd everyday, and we are changing as we progress in our life(as moments are passing by)

bhul chuk muaf karni

waheguru ji kakhalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!

First of all you have gt to have confidence in yourself..if you dont..theres no way other people are!!

If you are unhealthy then eat more.Don't take any notice of what people think of you...the most important thing is what waheguroo thinks of you.If your a singhini of waheguroo you'll always be beautiful :)wink2.gif

jss... u cant judge all amritdharee singhniaa that wear bana etc jus becos of 1 bad experience... maybe the singhni didn't hear u? ther mite be a perfectly gud explanation. ur sayin we shudn't judge ppl yet here ur sayin ppl who wear make-up etc are better than the singhni wiv the bana, id hav 2 totally disagree wiv u. i dont no bout where it says u shudn't wear make-up etc, but i think u shudn't wear it....whats the point in adornin this body when its not ours... were jus usin it 2 get to waheguru... wearin make-up etc is not gonna help u at all, plus thers no need 4 it. yehh right, as if a girl wuld admit 2 u that she wears make-up 4 guys... what other reason did they hav 4 wearin it??? its all 4 ppls self-esteem nd attrach the opposit genders attention! i dunno how u can condone it?? even panj piyare tell ppl not 2 wear make-up etc. i understand ur point where u said bout the dumulle and ppl tryin 2 make them look nice... it is kind of the same issue, but wearin a dumulle, ur a representation of a khalsa, so it shud look respectable. we dont want sikhs to be portrayed as scruffy etc, so thats the reason 4 that. but make-up.... hmm dont say how thats portrayin a gud image? im not judgin ppl that wear make-up cos i no loads of ppl that do, im jus sayin that its superficial, whats the need 4 it??

i agree wiv u on the point where u said "i'm just saying we can't always know the inner condition of someone's soul, simply by what we see on the exterior..." as thats true, u cant tell what ppl r like, only waheguru can, but that doesn't mean wearin make-up is alrite. it seems 2 me like u r tryin 2 say thats its alrite... its also becos of ppl like that that many girls think it is alrite.