without_a_name

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gurpreet_singh101

gurU kw isK gMd-vwkI nw hovY

guroo kaa sikh ga(n)dhaavaakee naa hovai

The Sikh of the Guru should never speak disgusting speech.

Rehatnama Bhai Chaupaa Singh Jee

nwnk iPkY boilAY qnu mnu iPkw hoie ]

naanak fikai boliai than man fikaa hoe ||

O Nanak, speaking insipid words, the body and mind become insipid.

Ang 473 Guru Nanak Dev Jee Raag Aasaa

Guest gurpreet_singh101

jn inrvYr inMdk AhMkwrI ] jn Bl mwnih inMdk vykwrI ]

jan niravair ni(n)dhak aha(n)kaaree || jan bhal maanehi ni(n)dhak vaekaaree ||

The Lord's humble servant has no vengeance. The slanderer is egotistical. The Lord's humble servant wishes well, while the slanderer dwells on evil.

Ang 869 Guru Arjan Dev Jee

some of your replies are just typical

buts, buts and more..buts

"but if u do follow raag uv gta follow it to the extreme!! like used timings for such raags....e.g. Raag Aasaa betwwen 3-6 hours in the morning.. and so on!!!

also, it very hard to find kirtanyis hu teach raag kirtan in certain areas uk!! a few names are Prof. Surinder Singh, Bhai Harjinder Singh Lallie, and Bhai Sarwan Singh (my Taya Ji )!!"

extreme?what extreme? well thats because there are so few willing to learn. The more people learn, the more these people can teach others.

"Don't concentrate too much on the logistics, it doesn't mean if you learn to do keertan in raag you will have a better understanding of gurbani.

The main point is to understand gurbani and guru sahib jee daa parmaan drirh karnaa. This life is VERY short, so understand the message of guru sahib, its always good to learn to do keertan in raag, as it is suppose to bring out the true essence of the shabad in that tone/specific raag, because thats how it was written, but if one is too concentrated on singing and the instruments they play they overshoot the message.

Bhul chuk muaf."

ok, fine your point may be valid, BUT then this point has to apply to a number of other things.Applies to gurusahib written in lareedar form,

it doesnt mean that if you read lareedar saroop you will have a greater understanding of gurbani.or it doesnt mean if you eat from sarbloh, or keep bibek, or adorn the bana that we will have a greater understadning of gurbani?

Life is short, but we make it so. Paaji ji, you could say, don't get a proper education, just work uptil colege and then get a job, doing really amazing seva for humankind, living on a moderate allowance, there is no need for university. this is wasting our time, watching tv..if life is so short, and if you truly believe this then why do we do all the manmat things we do..

your arguemnt doesnt follow.

Gurusahib wrote in raag...i understand its not more important to be able to sing raag than being able to enshrine the shabad within ones heart, BUT i am comparing to other things we do, and say are completely vital. there are always exscuses when it comes to singing in raag. we want to do everything puratan yet we ignore raag for some strange reason...laziness?

"Its a facet in Indian classical Music that ragas have certain time that they should be played.

But in Sikhi terms, because you're dealing with spirituality, you cant limit emotion to timing.

I ask you this: Do you have a certain time of the day when youre sad? A certain time when youre happy?

No. Because what you feel cannot be tied down to a certain hour."

Tanu kaur....oh right...i see guruji must have got it wrong then(!). He should have left the raags out(!).

Essentially, you are asking guruji the question- "I ask you this: Do you have a certain time of the day when youre sad? A certain time when youre happy?"

Please those who are going to make it a debate between akj's and others, this isnt a jatha bound problem. i'm saying its a general one. I could easily have said taksalis/nihangs whateevr. in fact alot of akj singhs go and learn raag at jawaddi kala as a mtter of fact.

but i understand where you are coming from

"yes its funny how "AKJ's dedicated to preserving and practicing Tat-Gurmat Maryada or the most pristine and original form of Sikhism. and claim to follow the True Khalsa rehits which are disappearing.

BUT when it comes to raag alot of the youth anyway hate it apprently it makes u fall asleep"

Its funny, in every jatha this happens.

hey? b4 u were saying that "If Raag wasnt important then gurusahib wouldnt have bothered. the akj youth theese days, we want to live how gurusahib did in their times..wear bana, eat from sarabloh, keep lareedar saroop, but when it comes to raag, which is explcitly written in guru granthsahibji, they seem to ignore it. Additionally, even guru sahibs kirtaneea sata and balwand used to sing in raag.

at all the akj and other programes, there are no youths who seem to have made the effort to sing raag, rather, they make an effort to sing other things just to impress sangat."

then u say that this aint a jatha bound discussion!! (not to sound rude)

i can undastand that some people are very contreversiol (i dno how to spell it :) ) by following some things n not other things, but thats wats hapns sometimes!! n also, the youth would copy the elders, so if the elders are going akj programs then of course the youth are going to see this!! that wat i was trying to say that there are not many older people that do raag kirtan!

Bhul Chuk Maaf!!

lol

admin please edit lohgarhs post chill with the swearing

seems like big baba harkirat wannabe singh started off the bashing etc etc..

who said all youth don't like raag, you dont speak for everyone dufist

i never said all youth they maybe some that like raag but from what i seen alot of em prefer something that has alot of crazy simran in it.

P.S I AM NOT JATHA BASHING just becuz i may not agree with somethings the jatha do doesn't mean i am bashing it

Guest gurpreet_singh101

fake baba harkirat, ur so funny you one of the main ppl i've seen into so called 'crazy simran', at every program........ you dufist

anyway bak to the point we shud learn raag keertan otherwise it will be lost like puratan rehats such as panj granth as part of ur nitnem

I received a VERY VERY informative and detailed essay about RAAG all the types, moods what it means etc...For those that are interested, I will put it up as an e-article next week sometime...but if you want to read it (its 4 A4Pages) go to www.sikhspeak.com/downloads.html

PART 1 of the article is in december and PART 2 was in January (which people on the mailing list received, if you're not on the mailing list sign up for free at www.sikhspeak.com). January Issue (with Part 2 will be up soon this week)

Regards!