Identity

Guest Bass Singh

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like i said, you have to look at it with the concept of the talk that was done with it. may be the video shouldnt be uploaded just like that without any info on what happend, and how its been used.

i repeatedly say that it is an exagerated fing to get attension, keep interest and give a basis for a talk!

Guest peacemaker
the video has to be exagerated to make it funny. when doing the talk we applied it to us growing up.. the start can be described as normal people as kids, hav alot of respect, and time for fings like camps, punjabi school. but as we grow up we slowly move away from where we began.

we do know that the video is totaly unrealistic, it has been exagerated on purpose, firstly to take the mick out of whats happening, and to keep it funny. to keep peoples attention in the talk. We did not expect an oscar or something for how realistic the film is.. its all done intentionally! The main point of the video was to give a basis for a talk... to keep people interested.. and something to think about.

by the way, fresh of the boat wasnt the only term used... they called people from UK blatey bandar..

Gotcha! By the way, are you in this video? The way you talk about it by saying "we" kind of makes me think you are.

we do know that the video is totaly unrealistic, it has been exagerated on purpose, firstly to take the mick out of whats happening, and to keep it funny. to keep peoples attention in the talk. We did not expect an oscar or something for how realistic the film is.. its all done intentionally! The main point of the video was to give a basis for a talk... to keep people interested.. and something to think about.

As I said that the video gets it points across. However, I don't believe it is effective parchar. At the most, it is satire. Its given people something to talk about which includes four pages on this thread. As a statistical sample, start from the first post on this thread, and see how many posts have actually talked about the message and what should be done to correct the astray youth. I agree that it has got many people talking, but isn't it just useless chatter? So, the video's effectiveness as a parchar video is debatable. Its a good joke and leave it that.

by the way, fresh of the boat wasnt the only term used... they called people from UK blatey bandar..

That doesn't make it right. Kann jehre marjee pasoN fhar lai, fer vee kan hee fharnaa hai. A hate term is a hate term.

Ultimate pappi - rated for the vid, dont let anyone else chat it to ya cuz you knw the effect it had on people and the response you got. :TH:

People can chat it all they want but they know its true what the video shows and it happens in a lot shorter time span than that aswel.

You have to understand the concept of target groups and who the video is aimed at.

Great acting by the singhs and the production was great, must have taken weeks to make rolleyes.gif

Respect

im out!

LOL.gif

OMG!!!

is this for real!?? are people really analysing the video!! you guys need to go to school, or college, do your esassys or get a job or something!!!!

lads as a suggestion, next time you upload a video online, add some powerpoint or some notes that you used in the talk to go with the video then people might be able to make better sense of it.

i personally have seen this type of 'stimulant' work extremely well at youth fourms and sikh society events.

the video is jus a spark, the actual parchar follows what people have seen. people relate to humour (which is always an exageration or normal life) and people relate to stereotypes and it gives them a chance to question and express their views. the singhs will typically finish off with gurbani which explains the truth and give sakhia etc to explain the point.

i know of at least 15 similar videos which have been made and used and shown across the whole of the uk. and people have loved them and they have been excellent tools to help parchar.

and b4 any1 asks, yes they do act as a tool to help with parhcar to bring people in2 sikhi. i know at least 2 people on this forum who attended forums which showed similar videos and had discussions and learnt and are now chardi kala gursikhs. its not down to the videos, but is guru jis kirpa, but still the type of parchar does help.

:nihungsmile: anyone the 'the good, the bad, and the studly' video?? now that was a quality viedo!!!

Guest peacemaker

Can't blame people for overanalyzing it as when it was initially posted, there was no background information on the video. I had no idea it was actually used in a youth discussion forum. I thought it was just a couple of friends trying to make a comedy video. It is even labeled as such on youtube as "comedy".