Identity

Guest Bass Singh

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its bad enough for the youth to write articles thinkin they know what they are talking about after hardly any experience on the path of sikhi, but for something like this with people dancing to music, to be classed as parchar is a disgrace.

I suggest you do ardaas in guru jis hazoori and ask for forgiveness.

why have the youth suddenly got it into their head that parchaar to other people is what it is all about, concentrate on your own sikhi before trying to tell others what to is right or wrong.

Singhs do not dance, and if you are trying to do parchaar, you especially do not go about it by dancing and acting like kaleh, just think, can you imagine singhs back in the day doing parchaar of this sort?

People say bhai fauja singh preached bak in the day, can you imagine bhai fauja singh in a video such as this?

no i didnt think so.

Would u make this video infront of guru gobind singh ji maharaj?

Remove this video off the internet and do not take part in such useless activities again

these videos are not targeted at the likes of you, who may lvie sikh lives .. this is aimed at a different audience not at gursikhs.

i have showed the link to moneh/ moniya who are far away from sikhi and only conection they have to sikhi is wearing a khanda ring etc... to them this video is great as they see themshelves as the people that are going away from their religion and see themshelves as the type walking pass the gurdwara n covering their face so no 1 see's them.

This video asks questions to these type of people and raises questions to see were does their faith lie and is this what sikhism has become. i no certainly that it has put doubt in the minds of these people who just see religion as somethnig one is born into but do nothing that religion teaches

"Baba" Amarjeet Singh

times are moving on so other means of parchar are needed to atract peopel to listen/watch, take on board what they saw and take some action.................they didnt not even do anything bad in that video

plus that dancing was OBVIOUSLY not to the music....... god help is it was!! lol//..........

sometimes when some one is offended by something everyone else thinks is fine..........i do wonder why, any guilt? offended by the truth? what is it?

oh and About Bhai Fauja Singh Ji

if you see that video

it started with beginning, then 5 years on, then 10 years on! .........now at the beginning they were both so good!..........now looking at it time wise....... it was probably the 1980s( just after Bhai Fauja Singh Ji gave Shaheed) when they were all good according to that video..............and now lo0ok..........the video itself is telling you how people have changed!!!

loosen up that tight crack singh!

Guest militant singh

i seen enuf gyanis who do da flex of comin 4rm india,actin holt 4 a week den reverting 2 a lyfstyle even we who r born in da uk dnt keep,dese manz carry da l8test fnes,trainers,and evn do stf u would neva expect dem 2 do yall knw wht im on abt

Guest gurpreet_singh101

I think is gurbani tuhkt explains the message of this video to the people who are going away from sikhi, or born into a punjabi-sikh family..

idyKw dyKI sB kry mnmuiK bUJ n pwie ]

dhaekhaa dhaekhee sabh karae manamukh boojh n paae ||

They all show off and pretend, but the self-willed manmukhs do not understand.

if u want to do parchar bhai amarjeet singh then you carry on vaja and tabla around and do it like shaheed bhai Fauja Singh.

How ever i do agree ardas shud b done for doing such a act even if it is a joke

bhul chuk marf

Its bad enough for the youth to write articles thinkin they know what they are talking about after hardly any experience on the path of sikhi, but for something like this with people dancing to music, to be classed as parchar is a disgrace.

I suggest you do ardaas in guru jis hazoori and ask for forgiveness.

why have the youth suddenly got it into their head that parchaar to other people is what it is all about, concentrate on your own sikhi before trying to tell others what to is right or wrong.

Singhs do not dance, and if you are trying to do parchaar, you especially do not go about it by dancing and acting like kaleh, just think, can you imagine singhs back in the day doing parchaar of this sort?

People say bhai fauja singh preached bak in the day, can you imagine bhai fauja singh in a video such as this?

no i didnt think so.

Would u make this video infront of guru gobind singh ji maharaj?

Remove this video off the internet and do not take part in such useless activities again

amar sort ur self out man, how do we in this day and age do parchar 2 ppl like us hu get bored in about 10 secs wen u jus listen to ppl talk,

this was a great way to show ppl how times have changed 4rom wen are parents first com here and how WE have changed

U shud do ardas and ask Guru to giv u a more open mind about wats goin on NOW and and wat is goin on around US

Bhul Chuk Marf

The video is well made and gets its points across. But it should be targetted towards all the youth that are away from Sikhi (including the ones born in UK). Picking on youth that come from India and working with the existing stereotypes is not right. Why the elitism? The video starts of with the "Fresh off the boat" tag. FOB is a pretty insulting term used so casually amonst us Sikhs and Punjabis nowadays, but it is amusing how we never see that as hate. Just a thought.

Guest peacemaker

Maybe I've been watching this video too many times, but I didn't understand the "Bhupinder Singh" phone call part. Yeah the whole "THEEK THAK" thing is real funny, but like did the guy who answered the phone the first time suddenly forget all his punjabi?

That's almost unreal. And everyone knows what "sat sri akal" means and I would hope that three sardars would, too. Sounded like you were just bullying the guy and we never even found out what he wanted. LOL.gif

I wish at least one of you would have worn a shorthaired wig to show the complete transformation or something. I doubt with the path they took in the video, they would have remained full sardars after 10 years. LOL.gif

Of all the streets in England, they have to walk on the same street as the gurdwara and put their shirts up? Why even take that risk? Just pick another street and save yourself the trouble. Who are they hiding from in the first place?

The translator scene doesn't work for me. First, it's supposed to be an airport, correct? Well, I would have had 10 people waiting in the airport, and then approached one to help you translate, but why do you need a translator in the first place? You must of made some arrangements to pick them up beforehand. How did you communicate with them, morse code?

And I feel bad for you, because you tell the SINGH walking in to translate yet the first thing he says back to you is in punjabi once again. Also, why do you act so surprised when he says these are the guys you are here to pick up? You wouldn't have gone to all the trouble to get a translator if you didn't already know, right?

Finally, a "fob", as you call them, would not sit on a freaking table and drink some cha, they would sit on the floor, initially. LOL.gif

DON'T GET ME WRONG I REALLY LIKED YOUR VIDEO!

the video has to be exagerated to make it funny. when doing the talk we applied it to us growing up.. the start can be described as normal people as kids, hav alot of respect, and time for fings like camps, punjabi school. but as we grow up we slowly move away from where we began.

we do know that the video is totaly unrealistic, it has been exagerated on purpose, firstly to take the mick out of whats happening, and to keep it funny. to keep peoples attention in the talk. We did not expect an oscar or something for how realistic the film is.. its all done intentionally! The main point of the video was to give a basis for a talk... to keep people interested.. and something to think about.

by the way, fresh of the boat wasnt the only term used... they called people from UK blatey bandar..

I think the actual meaning behind this video and why it was produced is sincere, as the singhs just wanted to do parchar of sikhi. Howver,i dont think this is a gud way 2 do it, it kinda portrays a bad image on singhs and also there r better ways to spread sikhi. This seems more to me like these singhs were jus takin the mick and wanted a laugh rather than make ppl aware of what happens. Everyone knows that this happens to SOME ppl from india, thers no need 2 make a whole video about it... i dont really think that this was the best way to show this.