Beards

Guest Simple Singh needs advice

Guest Respect for the Kes

Once in the Darbar of Guru Gobind Singh Ji there was a Sikh. He was very loved by Guru Jee because of his Sharda (devotion). One day he looked in the mirror and he saw one white hair in his beard he thought to himself if i go like this too Guru Jee maybe Guru Ji wont admire me as much so he plucked it out. When he went to Guru Ji he didnt get the same response and the same love he was shocked. He said whats wrong Guru Ji? what have i done? Guru Ji said i love my Sikh because of the Rehat you are now a Kureiti. All the hairs whether on the head or face or anywhere else are the same they are Raum (breaths) of the Gursikhs.

Guru Gobind Singh Ji had so much Satkaar (respect) for Kes when going in the battlefield he would collect the bodies of the Shaheed Singhs with bare feet because of the Kes around.

The beard is the Nishaan Sahib it isnt ideal to put a fishing net on it or fixo it should be combed twice a day and kept Prakash (flowing) and of course washed daily.

I would like to say that the British (when they ruled India) made it compulsory for all these Sikhs who wanted to join their army should keep full beards they saw it as our own identity.

Sant Sipahi Kartar Singh Ji Bhindran Wale used to say dyeing the beards makes us 'cowards'. (Bir Ras)

Nowadays the beards are being compared to Islamic terrorists but if people had the knowledge they would understand that Muslims must trim their moustache and the sides of their beards.

It was a surprise that Aurangzeb Mughal emperor didnt allow anyone to exceed their beards to a certain length.

jees, u guys worry over da littlist things! hows ur amrit vela or ur nitnem goin? u shud b more worried about dat!

:) tru say!!

singh u no wat u need to do!! get three lollipop sticks, stick 2 to either side of ur mouth and the other one flat on top of them like this:

~Moucha~

|_______|

|aaaaaaa|

|aaaaaaa|

|aaaaaaa|

so it stays balanced :cool: LOL.gif:@ (ju no hw long it took me to make such a detailed diagram :@ )