Want To Go To Taksaal?

Guest No 1

What r any Taksaalee Khalses thoughts on making some place for bibia to stay aswell, cant Singhs be in one part of the Gurdvara, and Singhnis in another part, so there compleltey seperate. Because it is kind of unfair that Singhnis dont get full benefit of being there all the time just to stop any "hanky-panky" lol :)

Other than that ROCK ON TAKSAAL

Well, dear Guest who just posted... The trend that usually happens in India is that most bibian go off to get married around the same age that many Singhs are getting ready to go around and do Parchaar (e.g. katha, or joining ragi jathas, etc.)... It's not very common for bibian to be doing parchaar when they're 25, 26, or even 21, 22, etc. because their PARENTS (here comes in our lovely Indian culture again) usually want them to start looking for a boy and getting "serious" about their future... I think because of this, it never really seemed practical to have a seperate section of the Taksal for bibian to stay because a lot of bibian can't really be committed to full-time parchaar, usually because of family obligations or duties, and this is why many of them learn whatever they can, while they can (e.g. Santhiya, etc.).

In the West, it's so different from the East. It'd be different if there was a mass movement of like 200 or 300 bibian that wanted a seperate section for themselves to study in the Taksal and were willing to learn everything and devote their time and lives and everything and emphasizing that some of them wont get married and will just do parchar, or that they wont listen to their parents and will keep studying and stuff as they grow older... But that's not really happening right now in India... In India, because of the cultural structure, girls don't have the same freedom as guys.. Most parents wont really be willing to drop their daughters into some school so far away from their Pind or City, not knowing how they'll be and if they'll be safe or whatnot... With boys there is at least some guarantee that he'll become a parchaarak, maybe even have some money to send the family one day, or at least the child will learn about Gurmat and be SAFE and secure and in good hands.... But with girls, people are more worried and stuff.. That's just how the culture has shaped itself so far

lets see what happens when Khalsa Raj comes

• 7 years later...
Guest Guest

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh!!!!!

i was pretty mad cuz of the way Mr. Guest was talking>> be carefl cuz u r not talking to a normal person u r talking to a Taksali!!!!!

and i am an Akali Singhni>> and Dear Taksali Singh ji> i know u know that there is a big difference between a normal bibi or girl >> u know that singhni<especially> AKALI SINGHNIs r the opposite of the normal girls>>> and i am one of those singhnis who is coming to taksaal soooooooon>>> and will be doing parchar, naam, sewa and simran!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And u know that 2>>> There is no difference between a Singh or Singhni!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we gat the same power>>> RIGHT??

bullan chukan di khima!!!!!!!!!

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh!!!!!

Satnam Waheguru................!!!!!

Everyone that i have spoken to in the past, advised to go to boparaia bhindran taksal. However, to be honest there are plenty of learning material online if you are going for environment change to get breath of fresh air- that make sense but if you are just going because lack of resources just wanted to point pretty much most of syallbus of taksal is pretty much available online.

www.gurmatveechar.com under literature

http://www.mahapurakh.com/

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/67189-lack-of-brahmvidya-in-the-panth/

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/73190-priceless-japji-sahib-teeka-by-sant-kartar-singh-bhindranwale-800-pages/