Christian's Questions

Revolutionary

I was talking to a Christian friend and he asked me questions about Sikhi...

He then began asking questions like "You believe in reincarnation from animals to humans - but what determines how you move from one species to another?"

and then "Bad deeds for some are good deeds for others - how would you know you done enough good deed to know that you wont be reborn as an animal?"

When we were talking about enlightenment he asked "How do you know when you're enlightened? What stage is that?"

Since I was unsure, he said that the whole idea of reincarnation is a blur..

any help with some answers? :)

Guest Narinder Singh
what decides ur next janam is ur state of mind while ur dieing not ur deeds

ur deeds decide sawarag and narak ....

Ummm..a Sikh's state of mind doesnt differ from their deeds, thats why sikhs are not just saints and not just soldiers. A Sikhs "belief" is shown in in his or her "action".

As for heaven and hell, heaven is when your with waheguru, hell is when youre without.

Forgive me if i've said anything wrong.

Fateh.

I was talking to a Christian friend and he asked me questions about Sikhi...

He then began asking questions like "You believe in reincarnation from animals to humans - but what determines how you move from one species to another?"

any help with some answers? :)

to asnwer the first one,

it all begins as a human being...and then according to ones desires and deeds in this human forum, he/she goes on living like other 8+ million lives!

u jus basically are in those life forums because of ur karams.

and it is not a punishment. one might see it that way, and i know lot of gianis or other people consider it as a punishment but it is just what the soul wants or wanted to be.

and lets not forget we all are part of waheguru. it's him alone who is the animals or other forums. it is just an illusion which one can only get rid of in human forum with Kirpa.

and then "Bad deeds for some are good deeds for others - how would you know you done enough good deed to know that you wont be reborn as an animal?"
read Gurbani and be in sangat. thats why we have a Guru to help us see which is a good deed and which an't.

plus Sikhi is not only about doing good deeds. it is about being JIVAAN Mukaat right now in this life, while we are living.(this has been explained by many gursikhs on this site) Guru sahib helps us achive that ...only if we ever LISTEN TO HIM and do what he asks us to do :sady:

he asked "How do you know when you're enlightened? What stage is that?"

how do u know if u know something?

enlightened state is where u dont have any doubts anymore and the play is reviled to you. as Guru sahib ji describes it.. its when one becomes one with Akal. drop meets the ocean and merges in it! the soul knows it all, we are just under an illusion

how do u know u know the ABC...?

u know that u know ABC's when u can read them write them and pronounce them right? and then a teacher or someone gives a grade for it ...lolz (this example is a bad one but hopefully u get the point)

smiliarly u would would know when u are enlightened. cuz u would be able to answer this question for ur self...and be able to see it and feel it.

man ton jyot saroop hai appna mool pacchaan ....

Guru sahib explains it over and over again that THE CREATOR is within us...we dont have to go anywhere. He is the most merciful, compassionate and knower of all. It has to be understood and experienced by ones self.

if this doesn't make much sense then forgive me...

im sure others on this forum can explain it better thn my unexperienced attempt to answer ur questions.

bhul chuk muaf karni

waheguru ji kakhalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!

There was a salok bahgat ravidas ji (anyone to find link please) it says

"Ant kaal Joh Maya Dhiyaawe Aisee Chinta meh mare Sarp joan Meh aaye Janame"

Raag Gujree:

antt kaal jo lachmi simrain aisee chinta main je marre

sarap jonn wal wal autre

ari bai gobind naam na bisrai

antt kaal jo istri simrain aisee chinta main je maree

beswa jonn wal wal autre

antt kal jo larike simrain aisee chintaa main je maree

sukar jonn wal wal autrai

antt kal jo mandir simrain aisee chintaa main je maree

prait jon wal wal autrai

antt kaal narayan simrain aisee chintaa main je maree

badit tilochan te narr mukta pitambar va ke ridai basai

Ang: 526

by Bhagat trilochan ji

Raag Gujree:

antt kaal jo lachmi simrain aisee chinta main je marre

sarap jonn wal wal autre

ari bai gobind naam na bisrai

antt kaal jo istri simrain aisee chinta main je maree

beswa jonn wal wal autre

antt kal jo larike simrain aisee chintaa main je maree

sukar jonn wal wal autrai

antt kal jo mandir simrain aisee chintaa main je maree

prait jon wal wal autrai

antt kaal narayan simrain aisee chintaa main je maree

badit tilochan te narr mukta pitambar va ke ridai basai

Ang: 526

by Bhagat trilochan ji

Ahh! It's by Bhagat Trilocahan Ji my mistake even i changed the line altogether!!

Well it's the perfect answer for!!