Wastage Of Langar

curious_man

curious singh jee..

there are prob a lot more reasons for not taking langar home ..

i personally do not like taking langar home as i know sometimes it does not get finished and we would have to throw it out.. at least at a gurdwara sangat that come everyday or the raagis that are there than eat the leftover langar..

its a fact that some dun like certain sabjian .. theres nothing wrong wit that.. i dun like dhaal/saag/kari/KHEER & saaviyaan !! .. yes do not ask me why .. i was born in canada prob that is why and i dun like anything with 'malayee' in it .. hehe

the best thing to do is get in touch wit local shelters and do seva by bringing in food to them as they would love that !!

also your away from your parents singhaa.. so you probably miss indian food tongue.gif

'assumptions' is not a good thing .. we shouldnt assume that this is the only reason why ppl do this .. it brings in wrong conclusions about certain things.. just understand that there can be more than one reason for things..

also .. they use a lot of oil and fattening things in the sabjiaa.. i think there was a whole thread on that once .. hehe

.. i dun like dhaal/saag/kari/KHEER & saaviyaan !! .. yes do not ask me why ..

oh man... kari is sooo good man... i just had some for langar the other day.. i love kari.. but yea, donating the leftover langar to the homeless... can't go wrong with that... that's like the true meaning of sikhi.................

WJKK WJKF

In my area.......after the sangat has had their langar....ussually those who live in the streets or homeless come to have some langgar!As it should be...... :nihungsmile:

But, at a different guruduara sahib....after the sangat has had their langgar.....u can see all the maeya fighting v1.gifv2.gif to get the MOST langgar hit.gif ........the competition is tough! :) .......ONLY the STRONGEST maee :bringitondude gets the most langgar to bring back home! partytime2.gif ........... partytime.gif

Ok...back to topic....We have NO RIGHT to bring langgar back home....It is Guru Sahib's langgar....and it should go into the mouth of those who are hungry and homeless!....Punjabizz :glare: ...they always think Guru ghars property as :lol: theirs!!

Very good post by Curious singh. I believe that insted of people throwing food away they can take it home . But as far as giving it to shelters .... their might be a problem with people who are allergic to certain things. Things here are different still. ... and guruvah bro, Ofcourse it Guru sahibs langar and we are guru sahibs children...insted of throwing it out if someone can make use of the langar, its always better.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh ..on every saturday night we have langar at our Gurdwara sahib .. first we Face same problem of Packing ... and our jatha call it free home dlvery ..lol ... even sum time prob is so bad worse that we have to make langar again for the sangat .. but then we stricly stop this packing .. every bibi came as chandi ka roop .. sade ghar baithe aa uhna ne vi khana aa .. but appan keh dinde si ki je kissi nu langar lai ke jana oh sangat de langar chakan ton badd avve so that Sangat lai langar mastana na ho jave .... slowly sangat start copratin with us and now everythin is fine .....

• 3 weeks later...
Gurfateh

my dad takes langar and gives it to birds thats sewa n all and no wasage.

Gurfateh

your dad is freshifying the birds and making them fat....we used to feed the birds and had some mega fat kabootars in our garden but then we brought a cat and it killed loads of birds in our garden now our garden seems dead the darn cat doesnt even let the squirrel sit on the fence rolleyes.gif

Gurfateh

my dad takes langar and gives it to birds thats sewa n all and no wasage.

Gurfateh

your dad is freshifying the birds and making them fat....we used to feed the birds and had some mega fat kabootars in our garden but then we brought a cat and it killed loads of birds in our garden now our garden seems dead the darn cat doesnt even let the squirrel sit on the fence rolleyes.gif

lolz you freshy style is good lolz nah man they not getting fat as he feeds the birds in different places and makes sure that they won't get ill from the food. haw you got a cat to kill the birds Waheguru....

You should have taken care whilst feeding the birds hunna? Bhaji sorry to say but that was bad.