Doing Paath At Work?

On Fridays I work a late shift at work and finish at 8pm. I usually go on my lunch at 4.45pm or so. I get 45 minutes For my lunch and go outside and sit on a bench and eat fruit. After eating I go for a walk and recite Rehraas Sahib da Paath. For Ardaas I usually stand somewhere on the side in the carpark or somewhere and do standing Ardaas.

So you can try to do your Nitnem in your lunch breaks. If you need longer lunch (for morning Nitnem) then ask your boss to have extended break. Be honest that you have to do mandatory prayers and so need time to complete them. By law they must try to accomodate your religious requirements if they are practically possible.

It depend's on your work timings etc. If you can wait and want to do Paath at home, thats fine. If you are working and not possible to do Paath at home then get an extended break accomodated or if not possible ask for prayer time.

If you are doing Paath at work then its best to do it off-by heart or through mp3 player or something and reciting along-side. One shouldn't wear shoes if reading Paath from Pothi Sahib/Gutka Sahib.

well some says its ok and some says its not ... there is a sakhi from suraj parkash .... about a sikh and guru arjundev ji i have learned its weakheya about 3 years ago so i remember a little ....

a sikh forgot his name .... he use to sell his goods and move from one village to another .... and he do very shudh path od anand sahib .... once he was going for the darshans of guru arjun dev ji on his horse and he started doing anand sahibs path .... with his full concentration ..... the way was full of forest grass ....

on reaching to asthan of guru sahib he saw guru sahib had wounds in their feet ... and blood was coming out .... he asked guru sahib what happened to his feet ... then guru sahib told ....

he does very shudh path and while he was doing path guru sahib was walking with his horse listen to his banni .... and the way was full of forest grass which led to wounds in their feet ....

when we read banni guru sahib will come and sit in front of us .... and i think the place matters ....

and i m not saying you to not do path here or there .... as in the end what matters is love for banni .... nothing else ....

well some says its ok and some says its not ... there is a sakhi from suraj parkash .... about a sikh and guru arjundev ji i have learned its weakheya about 3 years ago so i remember a little ....

a sikh forgot his name .... he use to sell his goods and move from one village to another .... and he do very shudh path od anand sahib .... once he was going for the darshans of guru arjun dev ji on his horse and he started doing anand sahibs path .... with his full concentration ..... the way was full of forest grass ....

on reaching to asthan of guru sahib he saw guru sahib had wounds in their feet ... and blood was coming out .... he asked guru sahib what happened to his feet ... then guru sahib told ....

he does very shudh path and while he was doing path guru sahib was walking with his horse listen to his banni .... and the way was full of forest grass which led to wounds in their feet ....

when we read banni guru sahib will come and sit in front of us .... and i think the place matters ....

and i m not saying you to not do path here or there .... as in the end what matters is love for banni .... nothing else ....

Okee but I didn't really meant "the place" to do paath, its more about when and is it correct to place your work in someones hands to do paath.

When the muslims on work go to pray we who are not have to do their work. Many times i feel a bit angry about this because they dont care at all that we are left behind. But on the other hand what if it is Amritvela and I am working, should i leave my work behind for others?

This is what i mean.

Okee but I didn't really meant "the place" to do paath, its more about when and is it correct to place your work in someones hands to do paath.

When the muslims on work go to pray we who are not have to do their work. Many times i feel a bit angry about this because they dont care at all that we are left behind. But on the other hand what if it is Amritvela and I am working, should i leave my work behind for others?

This is what i mean.

i think u already know the answer but just want others opinion.

isn't kirtan karni part of our life? one of the pillarz of our Dharam? do ur nitnem before u go to work...other wise while u driving to work? when do u work though would help to answer ur questions.

dont u get a break or lucnh/dinner. do path thn! Muslims have prayer times. they have specified times for each of their prayers ...and i think its a MUST for them!

the way i see it is ...u and other workers are just helping that person to live the lifestyle he/she choose. i would be happy if someones gonna go do something good like that(devote time to remebr GOD, or pray to Him) and tell me to cover for um for a lil while i wouldn't complain and after all...it only takes 5+ minutes for um to pray init?

bhul chuk muaff karni

waheguru ji kakhalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!

• 2 weeks later...
How many of you are doing paath at work? And so, where and how do you do this?

I got a job with different shifts. Sometime I work early in the morning (during amritvela hours) and something in the evening. Is it "ok" to do paath at work? Or is better to do it rather at home?

What is the Sangats view?

Ek Onkar Satnam

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I get 30 minutes lunch break so after eating my lunch and a short sit down i sometimes recite japji sahib in the last 10-11 minutes of my lunch. I think it is very good to do some type paath when you are at work especially at your lunch as the time also becomes a sacrifice to the Guru and is given as dasvandh.

I am quite lucky as i get to listen to kirtan while i work on my laptop. I managed to recite one japji sahib today at lunch and it was quite difficult as people kept walking in and out of the canteen also talking. I found it very hard to concentrate but i thought it is better to recite paath than not to recite at all, so i managed to get one done in the end. I dont believe you need to be in any specific place to recite banee if you really want to get away and recite banee find any place you can even if its full of people or even if you have to stand outside in the car park you can recite while walking, sitting, eating.

When i have done paath at lunch time in the past i have been disturbed by my colleagues so i have stopped and answered them and i have never felt bad because i knew it is the master who made the puppet disturb me?

Gurfateh Ji

"I have no name"