Concentration

Guest guest

dear king singh

no i would not pray better if there was colourful pictures. i don't no who u r . i apologise if i have offended u in some way but please don't reply to my post if yu don't have something constructive too say. all i wanted to state was that i find it difficult to concentrate and how my concentration could be improved. i love to pray and hope i am blessed enough to keep carry on praying in my life.

thank u to everyone ele for there ideas

stay in chardi kala

WJKK WJKF

WJKK WJKF

This used to happen to me. The best thing u can do is wake up at amrit vela and pray when everything is peaceful it helps also if u listen to the words comin out mouth. i also read the arths to understand what im saying which helps me concentrate. never stop praying and never give up . jap of naam is the greatest gift anyone can receive. when we die we leave empty handed only naam of god shall go with us. only such lucky people in this world are blessed with the naam of god.

take care

GOD BLESS YOU

Guest Khalsa Productions

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh!

OK this might sound silly but it works

get some head phones put the volume load (really really load) so u cnt hear anything else

Put some audio of Naam Simran on

And becouse all you can hear is Naam Simran

And its The only thing going threw your head

Then it will be hard to loose concentration

Hope this helps

Take Care

Jap Naam

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh!

KarKirpa

That was not neeeded. Also, why would you be watching such childish cartoons?

---

I suggest you first find motive to pray, why are you doing it? What are the benefits? What is your purpose/

Just doing it because your mom tells you to isn't good enough. If you tell me to do read a book about Sociology, and if i hate it so much, Why would i read the book? Why wno't i just stare at it but think about something else? Or maybe, Read, but think abouts omething else in my mind to keep me awake.

There has to be reasons, and that reason none of us can provide, you as a person have to seek the reason and once you find it you will surely succeed. Listen to motivational things and anything that gets your blood pumping (Jatha, Kirtan, Simran, etc)

If you're old enough, Try learning about firearms, get a license, go to the range, Do what singhs/singhnees are suppsoed to do, be well versed in modern weaponary and such.

Let us know how things go!

-s

your right it was not needed, but i was jus bein honest and realistic am sure this topic starter understand that they aint the only 1s who like that

as for the "childish cartoons" first of all tell me when they make cartoons for my age group that arent so childish, second u need'ta lighten paaji/penji every1 knows am jus messin round - i dont get serious unlesss its a serious situation :TH: i like havin fun ok so smileeeee!!!! and stop wiv the baba / bibi act lol :TH:

The technique of reading gurbani is simple keep your eyes on the gutka and read the gurbani as if you were reading it to Guru Har Gobind Shaib like the singh did when Guru ji asked is there any body here that can read japji shaib to me without one fourna (thought).

But ultimately the way to kill your thoughts is trough Naam eibiaas, so to do simran we need to ask guru ji how to do it. The technique that Guru Nanak has given us is

Tun mai dhiaan Dhiaan mai jania gurmukh acath kahni

which means when doing simran your dhiaan (mind, which wonders) should be in the Tun (sound) only this way will you understand say Nanak

Hope this helps, Fateh

Guest Guest
my gran says there's no point in praying if yr mind is not in it
that is by far the biggest misconception people have when it comes to reading bani. if one could really concentrate while reading bani, one would become jeevan mukt very fast.

we read bani, we server guru and sangat in hope that someday we will be able to concentrate. that day might come tommorow or might come in 100 lives. its not the other way around as your granps says.

we must read bani to calm our mind and get some concentration, its not the other way around.

• 2 weeks later...

a sikh's job isn't to see what we are getting out of reading bani, thats guruji's responsibility.

you just keep doing paath, if you can't do paath, do simran, if you can't do simran, do sewa, if you can't do sewa do sangat of gursikhs.

the point is serve the guru without worrying about returns, they will come when guruji wishes to give them to you.

dwqY dwiq rKI hiQ ApxY ijsu BwvY iqsu dyeI ]

dhaathai dhaath rakhee hathh apanai jis bhaavai this dhaeee ||

The Great Giver keeps His Gifts in His Hand; He gives them to those with whom He is pleased.

and mostly importantly BE PATIENT, guru says time and again that spiritual path is very tough. guru rakha.