Ban On The Import, Sale And Manufacture Of Swords

Pure

The proposed ban on the import, sale and manufacture of swords will have an adverse effect on legitimate practitioners, collectors and manufacturers. Actual sword related crime is very rare and does not warrant a ban that affects the cultural activities of thousands of legitimate martial artists, collectors and smiths. Current legislation is quite adequate to deal with violent crime connected with bladed weapons. New legislation is merely for show. Enforcing such a ban will also affect cultural events such as Scottish Sword Dancing and many Sikh festivals. We urge the PM to reconsider this knee <admin-profanity filter activated> reaction to media influenced scaremongering.

Please sign petition to stop this ban

Sword Ban Petition

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gurufateh!

this prob got nuffin to do with this thread BUT i got a question: so help me out please

You know how we got problems with SOME muslims walking round with Kara'h on pretending to be Sikh to lure apane kamley'h bhenjee's - well i got a question / wuteva u wanna call it:

How come apane'h Sikh Vude'h allow Kara'h, Shashtar etc to be sold? I mean selling them at Visakhi wale din mel'h is one thing, but theres bare hindu shops here in cov (go foleshill ppl lol) where they sell them like ANY old item....

am propa sure we wouldnt have issues like girl's getting trapped with them sorta boys if the things we wear (Kara'h etc) that represent our Dharm wernt sold out.

Its acceptable that their sold at Gurdwara'h but why is it that their sold in shops, mel'h etc?

please dont ignore - i wanna know..pleaseee grin.gif :TH:

Gurufateh!

My point being that it will affect Sikhs directly through kirpans etc and that enough of us aint signing. Not an issue for debate or arguement, merely stating a fact, there's 4000+ signatures on there, more than 4000 different people must read this site, and then if those 4000 inform another 2 - 3 different people each, then this petition can gain momentum