Should I Go To A Hindu Tempel

djpure

Waheguru Ji KA Khalsa , Waheguru Ji KE Fathe

I need advice, my best friend is a Hindu (known him for 25 years), he comes to all functions at the Gurudwara and he respects sikhi. The problem is he kid is going to his munan (hair shaving ceremony) in a Hindu temple and he wants me to come. I am confused on what to do!

Is it ok for me to go there and watch and not do anything else? This is the first time he has asked me to go to a hindu temple and i have asked he loads of times to come to the gurudwara, and he came every time!

Please give me your wisdom.

Thank you

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the advice, if i go i will be going i will be in a damalla and maybe bana!

Not sure how people will react to that...the main issue I just don’t want people to class me as RSS or anything.

This has happened to one of mates, they were seen going into a Hindu temple then made to apologise for going. He went on invitation as well.

Thank you to all of you.

i was trying to have a discussion on another forum on sikhs believing in other faiths, but anger got the better of me so i had to stop.

theres a fine line between being devoted to guru sahib and respecting other faiths.

doesnt bani say to go where praises of akaal purakh are sung?

i used to think that i would only go to gurdwara sahib, cus i trusted that location of praises to be sung. but i guess that if praises are being sung at churches and other temples its okay to go.

is akaal purakh being praised at this occasion?

i wouldnt go, cuz how is shaving ones head praising creation?

Guest Khalsa Productions

The problem is he kid is going to his munan (hair shaving ceremony) in a Hindu temple and he wants me to come.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh!

errrm no offence but watching someone's hair get cut is like torture

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh!