The "army" Of The Khalsa

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

For the past few weeks a thought has been festering in my head, and I think it's time to let it out. I would say to forgive me if I offend you, but frankly, it's better that I say this now and you at least think about it, before some random Muslim asks you to name all the Gurus in order and you stand there looking like a fool.

These days the youth are hardcore chardi kala; I'm never more happy than when I see a group of kids walk into Maharaj's darbar in full sarup, their faces glowing with pride for the Guru.

But these days the youth are also something else...hardcore militant. They call themselves the Army of the Panth, the Warriors of the Khalsa, the Soldiers of the Guru.

What Guru? What do you really know of the Guru?

The Guru is not violence. The Guru is not fear, or hatred, or power, or ego. The Guru is compassion. The Guru is mercy, honesty, humility, truth. The Guru is LOVE.

Sometimes in our passion, we pick up a sword, ready for a war that we have no right to fight in.

You call yourself a Sikh of the Guru, but when was the last time you picked up a gutka? When was the last time you listened to a shabad and made an attempt to find out what it means? When was the last time you sat in Maharaj's darbar for more than 10 minutes without talking to the Singh or Kaur next to you?

When was the last time you talked to your Guru?

You call yourself a warrior, a sant-sipahi. Sure, be a warrior, but don't forget the sant aspect as well. No, I do not mean walk around in bana acting like a baba and pretending you know jack about Sikhi, I mean sitting in your house with a gutka reading and trying to understand the first pauri of Jap Ji Sahib.

You say you're going to fight for Sikhi - why? Who gave you that right?

When Guru Hargobind was at war, he used to sit with his soldiers and recite Asa Ki //. One day, a sevadar came and told Guru Sahib, "Guru Ji, the army is approaching fast. They'll be here any minute." Guru Hargobind responded to him, "We're not going anywhere until we finish Asa Ki //." To him, Bani was more important than any battle. To him, the war of the mind was a more valuable war than the one happening outside. And because of his dedication to that bani, he never lost a battle.

Guru Teg Bahadur was denied entry into Harmandir Sahib by the Mahants, Brahmins who had taken control of Darbar Sahib. Did he chop off their heads? Did he launch a war against them? No, he didnt. Guru Teg Bahadur never physically stepped foot into Harmandir Sahib ever again. He was martyred for HUMANITY, because humanity is greater than any religion on this earth.

We are so ready to become Singhs of Guru Gobind Singh, without first understanding the teachings of Guru Nanak.

I'm not saying don't fight for your Guru. But there is a war closer than the one going on outside your house, closer than the one happening in Punjab, or Southall, or Toronto. There is a war going on inside your own mind, and until you win that war, it doesn't matter how many shastars you pick up, you're still a loser.

The Khalsa is not an aggressor. The Khalsa doesn't start war with others, simply to assert its superiority, because the Khalsa is not superior. Instead, the Khalsa is humble, and even in war, the Khalsa fights out of love.

You call yourself an Army of the Guru. But without the Guru at your side, you are just a fool with a sword in your hand.

I think I've ranted enough for one day, and I've probably ticked off a large number of people here, so I'm going to end with something you can't disagree with. You can choose not to listen to anything I say, that's your decision, and that's fine. But if you won't listen to your Guru, then what kind of Sikh are you?

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=2590

Dhanaasaree mehalaa 5 ||

Dhanasri, Mehla 5

Jaa ko har rang laago is jug meh so kaheeat hai sooraa ||

In this age, that person who represents the character of Vaheguru, who is an embodiment of all the beautiful attributes of Akal Purakh, who has colored his whole life in the love of God, that person can be called a warrior.

Aatam jinai sagal vas ta kai jaa kaa satigur pooraa ||1||

Through the Guru, that person wins the war inside of himself and learns to control his mind instead of his mind controlling him.

Thaakur gaaeeai aatam rang ||

With love, sing the praises of Vaheguru.

Saranee paavan naam dhiaavan sehaj samaavan sang ||1|| rehaao ||

Those who find his sanctuary, and those that meditate on His name, those people find sehaj - a state of continuous connection to Akal Purakh.

Jan ke charan vaseh maerai heearai sang puneetaa dehee ||

The feet of Vaheguru's true servants live in my heart; with that sort of humility and love, my heart becomes pure, my intentions become pure, my life becomes pure.

Jan kee dhoor dhaehu kirapaa nidh naanak kai sukh eaehee ||2||4||35||

Please, bless me (Nanak) with the dust of Vaheguru's saints, because this alone brings me happiness and peace.

I think I've ranted enough for one day, and I've probably ticked off a large number of people here, so I'm going to end with something you can't disagree with. You can choose not to listen to anything I say, that's your decision, and that's fine. But if you won't listen to your Guru, then what kind of Sikh are you?

I know that peace is a sensible thing to do !

It is a appealing principle.

but then please explain the following :-

how do you fight of forces like :-

Jihad

Al-Queda

Imperalism

My mother was kicked out of her home in Sarghoda as her fore fathers did not fight .

If there was no war men would have not invented things like

motor Vehichles

rockets

aircraft

computers

internet

These are all invention of the greatest warriors of modern era the Nordics / Causcisian

If you can explain me this I shall heed your advice which is given by dozen of Hindus saints/ Jains/ buddhism in India at every nook and corner. See where all of them are today ?

The only difference a khalsa has from rest of these guys is the power of Khalsas sword.

Your advice stems from I suspect out of fear of death and the lack of faith that a Gursikh achieving martyrdom in battle field merges with his Wahe guru.

A Guru sikh never dies in battle field he is reunited with his almighty.

Western countries are rich and powerful today because of there warrior like traits.

The country which you live in UK is the gift of warriors called the Normans . The britishers let you in there country for your fore faather help against Nazis .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normans

.The inter net you use for your post is the gift of USA army.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARPANET

The rocket on which your next generation shall travel to moon , mars shall have its origin inthe great war technology of missile.

Some of the greatest theories written by men like Quantum theory , relativity theory are gift of Europe during the turmoils of world war

So dont criticize war learn to accept it as harsh fact of life which has been with humans since its advent on earth.

Islam has grown into a population of 1.5 billion in last 1300 years because of there great warrior like traits to the pont of possessing a unique skill which no race can carry out is the faydeen attacks.

So while accepting peace and love as a universal and enduring principle we must always be ever ready warrior of our Wahe guru

For Sikhs ; Warrior (of any race) , his technological poweress shall always be a source of inspiration .

bhull chukk maaf karna

Whae guru ji the khalsa wahe guru ji the fateh

i thhink the point that phenji is tryin to make is that without REAL faith and being a REAL GURSIKH in other aspects of your life - what's the point in being the wielder of a sword?holding a sword is only PART of being a Gursikh...people are forgetting that nowadays...its like the 2 extremes..either complete pacifists or warriors who'd prefer to go kill a thousand 'enemies' of the Khalsa than meditate whole heartedly on Naam? (not saying this is ALWAYS the case)

bhull chukk maaf karna

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

For the past few weeks a thought has been festering in my head, and I think it's time to let it out. I would say to forgive me if I offend you, but frankly, it's better that I say this now and you at least think about it, before some random Muslim asks you to name all the Gurus in order and you stand there looking like a fool.

These days the youth are hardcore chardi kala; I'm never more happy than when I see a group of kids walk into Maharaj's darbar in full sarup, their faces glowing with pride for the Guru.

But these days the youth are also something else...hardcore militant. They call themselves the Army of the Panth, the Warriors of the Khalsa, the Soldiers of the Guru.

What Guru? What do you really know of the Guru?

The Guru is not violence. The Guru is not fear, or hatred, or power, or ego. The Guru is compassion. The Guru is mercy, honesty, humility, truth. The Guru is LOVE.

Sometimes in our passion, we pick up a sword, ready for a war that we have no right to fight in.

You call yourself a Sikh of the Guru, but when was the last time you picked up a gutka? When was the last time you listened to a shabad and made an attempt to find out what it means? When was the last time you sat in Maharaj's darbar for more than 10 minutes without talking to the Singh or Kaur next to you?

When was the last time you talked to your Guru?

You call yourself a warrior, a sant-sipahi. Sure, be a warrior, but don't forget the sant aspect as well. No, I do not mean walk around in bana acting like a baba and pretending you know jack about Sikhi, I mean sitting in your house with a gutka reading and trying to understand the first pauri of Jap Ji Sahib.

You say you're going to fight for Sikhi - why? Who gave you that right?

When Guru Hargobind was at war, he used to sit with his soldiers and recite Asa Ki //. One day, a sevadar came and told Guru Sahib, "Guru Ji, the army is approaching fast. They'll be here any minute." Guru Hargobind responded to him, "We're not going anywhere until we finish Asa Ki //." To him, Bani was more important than any battle. To him, the war of the mind was a more valuable war than the one happening outside. And because of his dedication to that bani, he never lost a battle.

Guru Teg Bahadur was denied entry into Harmandir Sahib by the Mahants, Brahmins who had taken control of Darbar Sahib. Did he chop off their heads? Did he launch a war against them? No, he didnt. Guru Teg Bahadur never physically stepped foot into Harmandir Sahib ever again. He was martyred for HUMANITY, because humanity is greater than any religion on this earth.

We are so ready to become Singhs of Guru Gobind Singh, without first understanding the teachings of Guru Nanak.

I'm not saying don't fight for your Guru. But there is a war closer than the one going on outside your house, closer than the one happening in Punjab, or Southall, or Toronto. There is a war going on inside your own mind, and until you win that war, it doesn't matter how many shastars you pick up, you're still a loser.

The Khalsa is not an aggressor. The Khalsa doesn't start war with others, simply to assert its superiority, because the Khalsa is not superior. Instead, the Khalsa is humble, and even in war, the Khalsa fights out of love.

You call yourself an Army of the Guru. But without the Guru at your side, you are just a fool with a sword in your hand.

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=2590

Dhanaasaree mehalaa 5 ||

Dhanasri, Mehla 5

Jaa ko har rang laago is jug meh so kaheeat hai sooraa ||

In this age, that person who represents the character of Vaheguru, who is an embodiment of all the beautiful attributes of Akal Purakh, who has colored his whole life in the love of God, that person can be called a warrior.

Aatam jinai sagal vas ta kai jaa kaa satigur pooraa ||1||

Through the Guru, that person wins the war inside of himself and learns to control his mind instead of his mind controlling him.

Thaakur gaaeeai aatam rang ||

With love, sing the praises of Vaheguru.

Saranee paavan naam dhiaavan sehaj samaavan sang ||1|| rehaao ||

Those who find his sanctuary, and those that meditate on His name, those people find sehaj - a state of continuous connection to Akal Purakh.

Jan ke charan vaseh maerai heearai sang puneetaa dehee ||

The feet of Vaheguru's true servants live in my heart; with that sort of humility and love, my heart becomes pure, my intentions become pure, my life becomes pure.

Jan kee dhoor dhaehu kirapaa nidh naanak kai sukh eaehee ||2||4||35||

Please, bless me (Nanak) with the dust of Vaheguru's saints, because this alone brings me happiness and peace.

Thought provoking post! Many thanks.

i thhink the point that phenji is tryin to make is that without REAL faith and being a REAL GURSIKH in other aspects of your life - what's the point in being the wielder of a sword?holding a sword is only PART of being a Gursikh...people are forgetting that nowadays...its like the 2 extremes..either complete pacifists or warriors who'd prefer to go kill a thousand 'enemies' of the Khalsa than meditate whole heartedly on Naam? (not saying this is ALWAYS the case)

bhull chukk maaf karna

That's what I meant. I'm not saying, be a sissy and never pick up a sword. But know the faith you're fighting for first!

• 1 year later...