Amazing...

Guest Narinder Singh

Guest Narinder Singh

Sometimes I'll have days that'll remind me of how beautiful Sikhi is...today was one of those days...

Thank God for Sikhi... pray.gif

Fateh.

was something wrong with midwestrn peeps today? :) was down until 10ish pm (was one of those days...universe had a very good reason to make my day a mess i guess; according to me lol)

what helped me was an article on the book written by a chemist

Conn. chemist finds right formula to educate youth

Mayell writes Sikhism book to explain science of faith

By TUSHA MITTAL

Connecticut-based Jaspal Singh Mayell has penned a book on Sikhism.

STAMFORD, Conn. — God does exist and young Sikhs could benefit from praying everyday. Using 51 diagrams, that is what Jaspal Singh Mayell seeks to prove through the 398 pages of his book “The Universality of the Sikh Religion,” published this month.

i read about it on sikhnet news section:

http://www.indianewengland.com/ME2/Audienc...FECB16840808D55

im sure we all have diff views and have our own opinion on this article but somethings in it helped lift my spirit up and inspire me! it helped me see again how limited my mind is, how limited my vision and thoughts are! the ways of waheguru are way beyond my comprehension. blush.gif

so what was it that made u say what u said ?(to the org poster)

bhul chuk muaff karni

waheguru ji kakhalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!

Guest Narinder Singh

I wasnt going to share what happened, but at the sangats request, i will. Now what reminded me might not be that special to some, its just that fools like me need all the inspiration they can get, it put a smile on my face for the rest of that day. :)

I was at work and some co-workers and i were joking around with one another about some angry guy who one of them was on the phone with, they were laughing about how crazy this guy sounded and how they could see him coming into their office with a shotgun. Then one of them said "well Narinder, you'd have to figure out what to do after that" and i said "yea, duck under a table", he laughed and said "but youre a sikh".

This brief incident reminded me of what people expect from a sikh (even in western countries), i felt so unworthy when he said that (because i hold none of the qualities they expected from a sikh), but at the same time it inspired me to life up to those qualities that people expect from Sikhs.

Thank God for Sikhi...

Fateh.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• yeh it's true, we shouldn't be lazy and need to learn jhatka shikaar. It doesn't help some of grew up in surrounding areas like Slough and Southall where everyone thought it was super bad for amrit dharis to eat meat, and they were following Sant babas and jathas, and instead the Singhs should have been normalising jhatka just like the recent world war soldiers did. We are trying to rectifiy this and khalsa should learn jhatka.  But I am just writing about bhog for those that are still learning rehit. As I explained, there are all these negative influences in the panth that talk against rehit, but this shouldn't deter us from taking khanda pahul, no matter what level of rehit we are!
    • How is it going to help? The link is of a Sikh hunter. Fine, but what good does that do the lazy Sikh who ate khulla maas in a restaurant? By the way, for the OP, yes, it's against rehit to eat khulla maas.
    • Yeah, Sikhs should do bhog of food they eat. But the point of bhog is to only do bhog of food which is fit to be presented to Maharaj. It's not maryada to do bhog of khulla maas and pretend it's OK to eat. It's not. Come on, bro, you should know better than to bring this Sakhi into it. Is this Sikh in the restaurant accompanied by Guru Gobind Singh ji? Is he fighting a dharam yudh? Or is he merely filling his belly with the nearest restaurant?  Please don't make a mockery of our puratan Singhs' sacrifices by comparing them to lazy Sikhs who eat khulla maas.
    • Seriously?? The Dhadi is trying to be cute. For those who didn't get it, he said: "Some say Maharaj killed bakras (goats). Some say he cut the heads of the Panj Piyaras. The truth is that they weren't goats. It was she-goats (ਬਕਰੀਆਂ). He jhatka'd she-goats. Not he-goats." Wow. This is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard in relation to Sikhi.
    • Instead of a 9 inch or larger kirpan, take a smaller kirpan and put it (without gatra) inside your smaller turban and tie the turban tightly. This keeps a kirpan on your person without interfering with the massage or alarming the masseuse. I'm not talking about a trinket but rather an actual small kirpan that fits in a sheath (you'll have to search to find one). As for ahem, "problems", you could get a male masseuse. I don't know where you are, but in most places there are professional masseuses who actually know what they are doing and can really relieve your muscle pains.

Important Information

Terms of Use