Last Days Of The Raj - Channel 4 Documentary

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

notice not one one the people spoken to/ interview was a sikh apart from tara singh duaghter or some thast it one person...and that wasn't really representing sikhs...

I watched towards the end. I noticed that too. More on the muslim side then the Sikhs who were the population that suffered the worst and the suffering is still going till now.!! Why didnt they interview the Sikhs. The amount of Sikh women who jumped into walls to escape the muslim rapist!!.

Whats up with all British TV Channel!!

Yeah..Whats up with BBC. They must have lots of muslim producers or what ever you call them working there. You have "The retreat" and so many muslim type program..What is that all about.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What I want to know is after all this upheaval, why are the muslims in their millions in India. They wanted their own piece of land so stay in it!!!.

We should complain to the Channel 4, BBC and Prince Charles!! wacko.gif Did you watch i think it was Panorama or was it dispatches today on Prince Charles..? I saw a bit..

Guest Dancing Warrior

I was absolutely disgusted the programme showed Hindus to be happy hippy nation that didn’t want the Muslims to leave, the Muslims to be victims who wanted their own nation, The British to be all loving soul searchers. Every thing was going to plan peacefully and lovingly until the Sikhs started to rape, loot, Muslim women. The clear bias of some of the people made the Sikhs look like barbarians I could not believe what I was hearing. The Pakistani x-soldier saying “they started it first, no Muslim would have done that”

My grandparents were from Lahore, My dad often told me stories of the atrocities committed by Muslim men on both Sikh and Hindu men women and children they often did not care who they raped. We had a grand aunt who was gang raped by a Muslim gang they killed her by biting here to death. When eventually found my Nana-ji said she had teeth marks all over her.

The vast majority of the drama documentary seemed 10 percent fact and 90 percent opinion. The Sikhs were totally unrepresented channel four is so desperate for a winning programming formula to aid its desperate financial problems this is the crème of their finest.

We still continue to loose even after 60 years.

The Sikh point of view was totally missing in this documentary. The Sikhs were the third nation represented in the talks with Mountbatten by Baldev Singh, there was only a quick shot of the side of his face in the film without explaining who he was.

Sikhs were shown as violent savages and Muslims stubborn and Hindus as peaceful forgiving people, I wonder who the advisors were?

There were proposals for the Sikhs to have their own state put forward by Winston Churchill (who served with a Sikh Regiment and liked them), who called Gandhi a 'scheming London Lawyer dressed as a Fakir' and did not trust him, but when Churchill lost the election the Labour Government was pro Nehru.

Jinnah realised in time that India would be a Hindustan from Gandhi and Nehrus actions and seperated out , he put forward support for Sikhs to have an autonomus state as well, but Tara Singh and Baldev Singh were tricked by Nehru and Gandhi that Sikhs could have their own state in India.

We all know what has happend since.

It was thanks to him all of Punjab didnt become pakistan

but it was also his fault that we did not get Khalistan

god damn stop with the khalsitan stuff...back then no one believed in any of that so why bring it up and blame it on someone.

Not so.. SardarDholi ... you do need to catch up on your history lessons.. because the Sikh leaders of that time were demanding and calling for Sikhistan, as they wanted Indias Punjab to be a sovereign state... however Gandhi and Nehru were devious individuals and they promised the Sikhs and twisted Master Tara Singhs hand that they should go about accepting a unified India. Before making broad statements like no-one wanted a seperate sikh land, state or khalistan ensure that you know your political history.

Master Tara Singh is not the only one to blame but there is another Baldev Singh who started batting for the Congress. If you watch the documentary there is a small historical clip of him walking amongst nehru and his goons.

papoooo says sorry for not reading all the posts first.

then papoooo thinks that sikhs shud have been more confident and demanded their own country. maybe they felt they were a minorty thus had to stick with one side?

papoooo thinks sikhs also try too hard to please others and forget about their own rights.