Opinion On Wearing A Kara

singh2k

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least you are wearing one of the 5 k's. LOL.gif

I think it is important so I can distinguish between people from Sikh backgrounds and those not. I know people will say some people (you know who) wear karay to pull some dumb girls but generally it it is quite accurate to tell if someone is an upna or not.

Plus it is some form of connection to Sikhism.

There is no 'opinion' in it....if you are a Sikh you MUST abide by the tennants laid down by our Guru Ji's....

Of course, most of us don't bother or make excuses up etc etc etc....the usual issue of the 5 vices creep in and we get clouded by Maya...

There is NO opinion however......a Sikh is someone who carries the 5 K's with pride and acknoweldges Maharaji as their true Father...simple as that.

Pretty pointless. Mahraj gave us the five kakars as part of our identity. If you cant abstain from the bujjar kurehit, and cut your hair. Then you are turning your back on mahrajs hukam, then what is the use of wearing a kara. A kara is to show we are handcuffed to mahraj, we are his children, yet you continue to remove the gift of kesh that he has given you.

To abstain from the bujjar kurehits, is the basic foundation of sikhism, then we may keep the identity of a sikh.

Whats your opinions on wearing a kara and not keeping kesh?

If we take the spin out of the question, the answer is dead simple....The same as my opinion on not keeping kes.

What is your opinion on associating with courage while being afraid?... The same as my opinion on being afraid.

What is your opinion on associating with something but having nothing?... The same as my opinion on having nothing.

Those of sikh origin who:

may not have kes but wear a kara,

do nothing else to undermine sikhi,

make an ACTIVE effort to ensure others around them know what a sikh really is to make up for the misleading image they convey, and

can sincerely have the opinions I state above,

have my respect.

At least you are wearing one of the 5 k's. LOL.gif

I think it is important so I can distinguish between people from Sikh backgrounds and those not. I know people will say some people (you know who) wear karay to pull some dumb girls but generally it it is quite accurate to tell if someone is an upna or not.

Plus it is some form of connection to Sikhism.

Where is this connection when Kesh is being cut?

Monne *need* a way to distinguish themselves from "you know who" (even though it doesnt really work because they also wear karre..)

The reason why Khalsa was given a unique appearance was exactly that: To have a distinct identity.

I find it amusing to see monne's cars with khandas on it etc.. I dont see many Amridhari Singhs doing that - because they don't need to!!