Opinion On Wearing A Kara

singh2k

20legend you are right there does seem to be a double standard, we as a Quom are losing direction. We need to stop people abusing our beloved Sikhi.

if you cut your HAIR you are NOT a Sikh.

Everybody that has cut hair and calls themselves a Sikh look at your father, or if he's lost look to your grandfather/great grandfather they wore a Dastaar!

TOO MANY FAKE PEOPLE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!

Sikhs are becoming and beginning to accept the morals and culture of white mans, which is just messed up!!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wjkk wjkf

LOL. Everyone's learning through life, that makes everyone a sikh.

TOO MANY FAKE PEOPLE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember when I was talking about the people who watch this site, and your response was 'let them watch'....

Sikhs are becoming and beginning to accept the morals and culture of white mans, which is just messed up!!

Let them waste their life. ^^^^^^^ :)

you know what, noone can even reply to me on this forum, so much for it being the voice of sikh youth, this place just seems to go on about whats wrong with everyone else rather than the problems that the sikh youth have in general today, all i see is promotions for different events such as chaupi sahib paath, why dont you do an event on how to be a normal amrit shakiya person cause its evident people cant even get that right, let alone anything else.

I couldn't agree more!! except the Promotion for chaupi sahib!!!!!!!!

Bhul chuk maaf khalsa jio

wjkk wjkf

ive been on this site years, and i read it weekly and FINALLY some people with common sense in the above posts, rated!!!!

now lets see if anyone wants to admit to their double standards or want to argue a pointless point further, with all this ego floating around n all :D

jag singh and citizen soulja, thank you for some intelligent posting, its VERY rare i see it on this site :p

Jag Singh Ji

So many comments, dissecting lines as usual!!

But you avoided this one line:

Everybody that has cut hair and calls themselves a Sikh look at your father, or if he's lost look to your grandfather/great grandfather they wore a Dastaar!

Ki gal Ji?, meri gal jaadi karari lagee?

wjkk wjkf

Bhaji, you are clearly trying to imply that the general punjabi's who come from a sikh background and cut their hair, are not sikhs.

All I see written here is, 'By wearing a dastaar your a sikh'.

Now take a look at my previous point khalsa ji:

Bhul Chuk maaf c.soulja bhaji

wjkk wjkf

Please look up Dhan Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji's definition of Sikh (in the later years of life).

It is not 'one who learns'. The Punjabi word 'sikh' means 'to learn'. However, in Sikhism, the (spiritual) definition of 'Sikh' is not the same.

wow alot of hypocrited on this forum..

alot of people go on like no you shouldnt wear a kara if your not fully a proper sikh, yet your the same ones who go on about muslims taking away apparant 'sikh' girls..

question i pose to you is, if your not a 'practising' sikh and you cant be classed as a sikh if you only wear a kara, why do you lot consider these girls 'sikhs' when associating them with getting influenced by muslims boys??

I'm not directing this comment at 20legend..but....

People need to stop calling these girls 'stupid' 'dumb' 'not sikh' 'despicable' etc....

your comment cant be directed at me because what im saying the same point your making about sikhs and karas you should make about sikh girls and muslims, because unless you have taken amrit you cant be a sikh thus the girls that everyone seems to refer to are not actually sikh are they???? unless the muslims are converting singhnia these days...

Yes, I was aware of that. I was just trying to prevent people from posting such false and sexist statements on this thread.

i agree with you khalsa girl ji

but what is this Sikhism you speak of is it a 'religion' ????

we need to leave the slave mentality behind and start referring to Sikhi and the Sikh Way of Life

Sikhism is a name given by goreh, that’s what they do, when they don’t understand something they give it a label and attempt to create a category; it then becomes easier for them to control us, divide us and create stereotypes.

An individual Sikh is sovereign:

our Dastaar is our crown

our Shastar are our armies

That’s why it’s important to protect our unique heritage and preserve our image.

There was a time when you were not considered a Sikh (adherent of the Sikh Way of Life) unless:

--You had unshorn hair,

--You took Amrit and awoke at Amrit Vela,

--You did Nitnem,

--You had Panj Kakkar (Kara, Kachera, Kanga, Kirpan, Kesh(KESKI WAS A GIVEN, pretty much every1 wore one back in the day Persians, Phastuns(Afgans), Moughals, Hindu's, Sikhs)

--You had Sharda and Piyaar

--You followed Guru’s Hukam

now look at us:

"i cut my hair, but i love Sikhism so i were a Kara" (SLAP)

"i wear a Dastaar and trim my beard im a Sikh" (SLAP)

"my boyfriend (SLAP) is a paki (SLAP), i got highlights in my (cut) hair" (SLAP)

"my dads too strict, he wants me to go Gurdwara" (SLAP)

"i'm a {insert cast}" (SLAP, SLAP)

we are spending too much time worrying about who is a sikh and who is not and who can wear a kara and who can not. there are a lot of sikhs out there who do regular paath and wear kara but cut there hair due to various reasons, which they find it hard to overcome. then i know lots of sikhs who keep there kesh but dont do any paath and dont try to live there life according to sikhi.

now tell me who can wear a kara and who cant? one who is making a effort but it dosnt look like it or the one that looks like has already made an effort but in reality has never tried to live according to sikhi? and the answer is we cant, the person and the guru knows the answer. thats it, no one else. and we can keep this thread going on till the 20th page but it wont get us the answer coz we are trying to judge someones sikhi when we say moneh cant wear a kara.

you've reminded me of a story:

There once were two Sikhs, one of them was a bana wearing Sikh and had the correct image, he had his Panj Kakkar and wore his bana with pride and kept his appearance in an immaculate condition. But his heart was not clean and his mind was filled with bad/dirty thoughts.

Then there was another Sikh who did not have the outer appearance she cut her hair and wore what every she felt like but her heart was pure, and her mind was filled with good thoughts, and she prayed everyday.

which do you think attained oneness with Vaheguru??

Neither.....

The standards of Vaheguru are so high that Vaheguru requires both, outside and inside to be pure..... it is not enough to to be half a Sikh, there is a set path: SIKHI

that doesnt mean both people went to hell or whatever, Vaheguru is infinitally merciful, it just means they did not attain oneness with Vaheguru, they could have been reborn and given another chance or something...