Becoming Keshdari But Thinking Of Removing Hair...

Guest _guptSingh_

Guest _guptSingh_

Hi,

I am a mona Sikh who is growing his kesh, i have promised some amridhari singhs at the gurdwara that i am goint to become keshdari and i am now growing my kesh.

but i have a passion of bodybuilding and kickboxing and have been entered in a kickboxing tournament where you have to fight half-naked (like without a top), and i was sparring at the place i train in without my top (like you'd do in a ring) while a friend came up and suggested that i should trim my arm-pit hairs, and know i keep on thinking about it and i dont know wether it will be wrong for me to trim them while i have promissed a Amritdhari Sikh that i am keeping my kesh. Please Please Please help me out I am so confused...

I think my mind has been messed up sub-conciously, please help me fix it...

Should I and/or am I allowed to trim them, or Should I keep them...

I am not going to take any action before I get a reply...

well i dunno i maybe wrong on this but i feel u shud be keeping ur hair for guru sahib not juz because u promised to some singh

it shud outta love for guru sahib...then u will bhay(fear) of guru sahib...otherwise i dun see a reason...as i said earlier i maybe wrong

maybe u shud ask urself a question....why is there a need to keep hair? importance of growing kesh

im sorry if i sound rude...i dun mean to

my two cents

bhul chuk muaaff

Hi,

I am a mona Sikh who is growing his kesh, i have promised some amridhari singhs at the gurdwara that i am goint to become keshdari and i am now growing my kesh.

but i have a passion of bodybuilding and kickboxing and have been entered in a kickboxing tournament where you have to fight half-naked (like without a top), and i was sparring at the place i train in without my top (like you'd do in a ring) while a friend came up and suggested that i should trim my arm-pit hairs, and know i keep on thinking about it and i dont know wether it will be wrong for me to trim them while i have promissed a Amritdhari Sikh that i am keeping my kesh. Please Please Please help me out I am so confused...

I think my mind has been messed up sub-conciously, please help me fix it...

Should I and/or am I allowed to trim them, or Should I keep them...

I am not going to take any action before I get a reply...

tu kickboxing karni aa kutch(arm-pit)boxing thori karni aa. hair kattan di ki lorr aa. naale kisse de kahe te thori hair rakhi de aa. paath kariya kar veere, you get your answer then.

well i dunno i maybe wrong on this but i feel u shud be keeping ur hair for guru sahib not juz because u promised to some singh

it shud outta love for guru sahib...then u will bhay(fear) of guru sahib...otherwise i dun see a reason...as i said earlier i maybe wrong

maybe u shud ask urself a question....why is there a need to keep hair? importance of growing kesh

im sorry if i sound rude...i dun mean to

my two cents

bhul chuk muaaff

Harwinder paji hit the spot.

In this world, trying to impres someone is nearly impossible. Do whatever you do in life only to impress Guru Ji. That is your main motive. Make him your inspiration to make yourself a better person or in your case Keep your hair. Its a big step for many Mona's to start keeping kesh but I mean that in itself is a step.

You know Guru Gobind Singh Jee Maharaj is your Father so do what you think will make him proud. I know you know the right decision Veerjee. Keep your precious hair, make your REAL mother and father proud of you. =))

I hope you make the right decision veerjee. I know you will =))

Much love

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

In this world, trying to impres someone is nearly impossible. Do whatever you do in life only to impress Guru Ji.

<etc....>

Much love

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

So true and so nicely put, all of it. Thank you for the reminder.

To the original poster: what is the purpose of the wish to massacre your armpits? Perhaps I'm on a different fashion cycle, are bald armpits considered attractive?