Amrit Dhari

Jkaur

Just wondering has Gur Ji blessed you with amrit yet?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Just wondering has Gur Ji blessed you with amrit yet?

• Yes
    • No
    • Hope to soon
    • Not sure when

Guest balwinderkaur

geez is it really necessary to pesh just because nitnem was missed?????? i think one should pesh if they PURPOSELY missed their nitnem(maybe they were too lazy to do or something :( )......but not if they missed it unintentionally(they were VERY VERY sick or something). If they missed it unintentionally, i think an ardaas and one full nitname should suffice to make up for it????? I dunno..am not too sure about such things....so if anyone can elaborate or give concrete views, I'll appreciate your ideas. ;) Please contribute your ideas.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I agree with balwinderkaur. I think that if Nitnem is missed because of illness or your incapacity to do it for some major reason, Waheguru will certainly forgive you because you did try your best. But if you just don't do it for no reason, than thats a big pop.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I'm no AmritDhari so don't take my word for it but I personally feel that if I was amritdhari and missed nitnem it wouldn't be a paap. I would miss out on washing away my sins for that day but I do not think I would be looked down upon in any way.

I mean it is common sense, an AmritDhari tries his/her best to connect with Vaheguru and they are just accumlating paap if they miss nitnem on occasion? I don't think so. I'm sure they do naam simran everyday so what is the big deal.

I'm just expressing my opinion, I could be wrong.

But, Gill bhaji.......u must realise dat we as individuals all follow sikhi to different levels.

It takes time 4 a sikh 2 become fully prepared enuf 2 become an Amritdhari.

And jus cos a person has taken Amrit does not imply dat he/she neccesarily follows sikhi as strictly as other sikhs who hav not taken Amrit yet.

I personally hav taken Amrit, but i must admit dat my level of Sikhi is far, far,far 2 "liberal" or laid bak than it shud b.....so one must b careful wen judging da sikh youth.

Guest balwinderkaur

gurps and khalsa4ever have made VERY valid points. sometimes the non amritdharis have more pyaar for sikhee and follow it better than amritdharis whilst some amritdharis just regard amrit as a game and keep playing it in a most contemptible manner. ;) what a weird world.