Sardar Jokes

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that some Singhs need to stop being sensitive little girls.....if someone makes an offensive joke to you either cuss them back or smack em up.............nobody ever dared to make a joke like that to me cos they know what will happen....its expected that jokes like this will come up on the Internet because its the INTERNET they're hiding behind their computers.....most of them haven't got the testicular fortitude to go up to a Keshdhari Singh (and Singhni) and say such crap.

Well .. from where I come from people dare not joke about Sikhs but after moving into Indian corporate word I feel that people here are more daring and they joke about Sardars on your face. Same thing happened today with me ...one of my ex-colleagues (in Indai now)tried to make fun of Sardars by sending some sardar jokes ... initailly I ignored as I was quite busy with the work but when I got some time and found out that he has also kept all his team in the loop, I decided to deal with it ..so here is the communication for 3 - 4 eMails which happened between us ...later one of his team mate stood up from his seat and started to clap over my replies and later shook hands with me saying that I am absolutely right...same approach we all have to adopt to gain back the lost image in the indian friend circles especially all sikh indians... I know how it feels when some of your colleagues take piss out of you by sharing a light joke and stressing on the word sardar and then every1 laughing ... I consider it very hard to digest as you cannot pick up fight with anyone and also not loose temper ...eMails goes like this:

=======================

FIRST EMAIL RECIEVED:

Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2007 6:18 PM

To: ME

Cc: A hindu;A hindu;A muslim

Subject: FW: Sardar at his best

Importance: Low

FYI, Bhool choook leni deni

_____

Sardar got into a bus on 1st April when conductor asked for ticket.

>>He gave Rs.10/- and took the ticket and said April fool. I have

pass.

>>==================

>>Sardar joined new job. 1st day he worked till late evening on the

>>computer.

>>Boss was happy and asked what you did till evening.

>>Sardar : Keyboard alphabets were not in order, so I made it alright.

>>==================

>>On a romantic day sardar's friend asks him. Darling on our

>>engagement day will you give me a ring.

>>Sardar : Ya sure, from landline or mobile.

>>==================

>>Doctor to patient : You will die within 2 hours. Do you want to see

any one before you die?

>>Patient : Yes. A good doctor.

>>==================

>>2 sardars were fixing a car.

>>Sardar 1 : What would you do if the car explodes while fixing.

>>sardar 2 : Dont worry, I have one more.

>>==================

>>Sardar was busy removing a wheel from his auto. A man asks sardar

why

>>are you removing a wheel from your auto?

>>Sardar : Cant you read the board? Parking is only for 2 wheeler.

>>=================

>>Boss : Where were you born ?

>>Sardar : Punjab.

>>Boss : which part ?

>>Sardar : Kya which part ? Whole body born in punjab.

>>====================

>>How will you destroy a submarine full of sardars ?

>>Simple. Just knock on the door and they will open it.

>>---------------------------------

=======================

FIRST EMAIL REPLY SENT:

Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2007 3:37 PM

To: HIM

Subject: RE: Sardar at his best

Waise Kapil don't mind, it the courage of Sardar's only to take such tasteless jokes on face. If one says these jokes on the face of a sardar, that Sardar will definitely laugh back with this fool & very much understands inferiority complex of that person hidden behind these jokes.

I won't go defensive here by speaking against any of the these jokes but I definitely will appreciate if you pass these jokes around on the internet by changing the word Sardar with the word HINDU or any other community and let me know the responses you get.

Dont take my argument as a clash to you as an individual but rather take it as enlightment and reply back to the people from where you got these forwarded. These people can't beat the grand image of Sardar's by their derogatory language wotever they try their best with and like Sidhu once said on Laughter Challenge, you cannot make moon dirty by spitting on it standing on your rooftop.

I expect you to not take any of my words with offence mindset but rather educative.

Warm Regards,

ME

=======================

HIS 2nd EMAIL REPLY RECEIVED:

Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2007 7:19 PM

To: ME

Iska mathlub tujhe bura laga :)

We know yaaar thats why you are in to list and all HINDU's and MUSLIMS in CC :) :cool: :umm: .

=======================

2nd EMAIL REPLY SENT:

Sent: Thu 3/22/2007 4:13 PM

To: HIM

Instead I take it as my responsibility to educate who dont understand the bigger issue behind the scenes of these jokes.

Literal meaning of Sardar is leader so I am leading this small group towards the correction. I definitely do think over this subject at times although I dont find any of these jokes tasteful personally and try to imagine the origin of this maliceful language towards the whole community. A minority of Sardar's in such an overwelming majority of other communities are shinning brightly and it certainly going to irk some atleast and they gonna make use of some or other of their powers to look down on us.

My point here is let's not be a victim of a wider agenda of malice started by a few and use some intelligence to figure out right from wrong.

I will say it again that I am not offended at all but my reaction is just a duty, which I feel that I am obligated to do.

I hope my response is equally not offending you guys. I am a very open-minded person and do equally respect each of your respective integrity.

Warm Regards,

ME

=======================

Although I was in full control at the time of writing these eMails to them

From personal experience, I can tell you that if you react in anger, you will make them think that Sardar jokes are your weakness, and they will manipulate you whenever they want to bring you down by cracking one or more Sardar jokes. So what can be done then? Here is what I did today. I told this friend of mine who was telling me some Sardar jokes, that me and some of my Sikh friends have come up with counter-jokes against the community of those who crack these Sardar jokes on us. Then I went on to tell him such a joke which started out as a Sardar joke but ended up dissing Pakistanis (this friend was however an Indian Muslim). This way, people will know that Sikhs can not only take jokes, but can respond as well. So if they expect us to allow jokes on us, they better be ready for what we have in store for them. My friend didn't crack another joke after this...lol. There are enough counter-jokes now, which start out as regular Sardar jokes, but end up dissing another community. Not that I am voting for such jokes, but those who laugh at us should not make a face when they are laughed at. If they want to have fun, so do we. If they want us to take their jokes lightly, that applies to them as well.

Another thing. There are 2 kinds of people who crack jokes on Sardars. Firstly, we have those who hate us, or have something against us, or feel intimidated by us etc. The others are those who don't hate us a single bit, rather prefer our company/friendship to anyone else, and the purpose of joking is only a friendly thing. The Muslim friend I am talking about has worked for an year in Amritsar, and has visited Sri Darbar Sahib a few times. Besides that, his best friend is a Sikh as well, so I judged immediately that he was cracking these jokes only in a fun way (but I, due to my bad habit of spoiling fun, put a fullstop after telling him the Paki dissing joke LOL.gif ).

So what do we do about these people? What I have done on a couple of occassions is, in some way, start talking about how these jokes began. 99% of the time no one knows how these jokes started off. Once you tell these "Sikh-loving" non-Sikhs about the history of these jokes, it will hit them hard, and atleast in front of you, they will not crack jokes in future, rather they will appreciate the fact that you told them the truth behind it.

Don't just lose your temper and start a fight. I have done that as well, and trust me it hurts more than it helps. You need to know what the other person has in mind. What is his/her intention. Few weeks back this mona was sitting in my bus behind me with 2 Indian aunties, and they were dissing Sardars, only to poke fun at him. He whispered to them to shut up or they'd get in trouble (maybe I looked like trouble to him LOL.gif ). A Pakistani friend then told me "See even that Sikh is cleanshaven. Why not you?". I said "Which is why those Indian women were dissing him, and were doing it behind my back, not on my face". So you see, even stupid desis don't have the cheek to mock you if you look like a Sikh (because I only look like a Sikh, I am not one actually).

Most Indians have this weird impression that Sikhs are fun-loving people (as we are mostly Punjabis, we are fun loving). They use these jokes only to get closer and be more friendly. Now this is your chance. Educate them about the history of these jokes in a polite way, and trust me, they will respect you loads more.

But don't expect everyone to react/respond positively. Some will improve, some won't. People of certain backgrounds (I am not naming any one particular community here) will not listen. If they are not willing to listen, or learn, or quit joking, then you know what Sahib Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jee said about doing when all peaceful means have failed :nihungsmile:

Jokes involving our Sikh friends have done the rounds for years. But some members from the Sikh community are no longer feeling amused. A recent joke book on Sikhs had a community body up in arms, they even got its publisher arrested. The next move is to control obscene humour on the Net. We ask our Sikh readers if they are ready to take this humour light-heartedly or is it time they want it to be banned. Here’s what they say...

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.as...3144578a5b2feed

Gurfatehji,

People can be sick.. so as to laff at others' cost :wubc:

emi lol if it aint sardars its the irish, or the blondes or someone else people take the mick out of. All one can do i suppose is say please dont, its not funny or turn it around on them and make a hindu joke or something. question you ask is 'what would guruji say?'

Jokes involving our Sikh friends have done the rounds for years. But some members from the Sikh community are no longer feeling amused. A recent joke book on Sikhs had a community body up in arms, they even got its publisher arrested. The next move is to control obscene humour on the Net. We ask our Sikh readers if they are ready to take this humour light-heartedly or is it time they want it to be banned. Here’s what they say...

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.as...3144578a5b2feed

i reackon it shud be banned, its just portraying Sikhs as fools, illiterate etc... its really stupid !!

Vaheguroooooooooo

emi lol if it aint sardars its the irish, or the blondes or someone else people take the mick out of. All one can do i suppose is say please dont, its not funny or turn it around on them and make a hindu joke or something. question you ask is 'what would guruji say?'

What would "guru ji" say?

"Don't argue with fools." - Guru Granth Sahib, Page 473

People who crack these types of racist jokes are nothing but bunch of fools.