Christian Missionary In North America

In the UK, we always hear how Muslims try to convert Sikhs into their faith, but let’s talk how Christians living in Canada and USA are targeting Sikhs to convert to their faith.

I personally live in an area where Sikhs make up the majority of the population. Recently, I have been seeing Christians going door-to-door and handing out books and magazines (which is written in Punjabi and English) to people especially Sikhs. Not only they hand out books, but ask for personal information and preach about Christianity. So my question is why are Sikhs targeted a lot by these missionaries? I rarely see and hear these missionaries targeting Hindus and Muslims. Do you think they’re having any success in their mission? I am starting to see some Sikhs converting to Christianity.

each religion has it own rules and duties so let us respect it as the willl of God :-

1 ) It is the duty of each and every christian to convert .

2 ) Muslims are suppose to do the same but with sword and faster replication rate.

3 ) Hindus also do the same under disguise .

4 ) There is no such duty in Sikhs to convert any one.

We are AKALIS " the timeless warriors and roam the universe from era to era and dimension to dimension.

We are to serve all the people irrespective of their religion and fight oppression where ever it takes place.

In the UK, we always hear how Muslims try to convert Sikhs into their faith, but let’s talk how Christians living in Canada and USA are targeting Sikhs to convert to their faith.

I personally live in an area where Sikhs make up the majority of the population. Recently, I have been seeing Christians going door-to-door and handing out books and magazines (which is written in Punjabi and English) to people especially Sikhs. Not only they hand out books, but ask for personal information and preach about Christianity. So my question is why are Sikhs targeted a lot by these missionaries? I rarely see and hear these missionaries targeting Hindus and Muslims. Do you think they’re having any success in their mission? I am starting to see some Sikhs converting to Christianity.

yes but sikhs only hate da muzilims or da hindoooz. sikhs like kristianz. pls bring up a muzlim or hindoo issue only! understand! rolleyes.gif

sikhs like kristianz. ( reference please ? )

sikhs are like any else human being muslims, hindus , christains , JEWS with "Nirbho and Nirvair" as there guiding philosophy

pls bring up a muzlim or hindoo issue only! understand!

Yes I Do you dont want to be namak halal to the hand that feeds u :umm:

U are like any other mortal on this planet u aint a Khalsa brother LOL.gif

Gurfateh ji,

Given these circumstances, is it not time for us sikhs also to have a missionary wing and convert everyone around us to sikhs?

Given these circumstances, is it not time for us sikhs also to have a missionary wing and convert everyone around us to sikhs?

NOT permitted by Sikh rules

For Sikhs all human are alike and seeking God in there own ways ;

some through organised religions like Christanity / Islam /

some individually pursuing Gods in there own way thru a process called learning as in Sikhsim which is flexible to allow an individual to pursue his way of divinity.

So we need not waste our energy on stuff like conversion which are man made barrier and pursue our Gods in our own individual way.

BHUL CHUK MAF

NOT permitted by Sikh rules

For Sikhs all human are alike and seeking God in there own ways ;

some through organised religions like Christanity / Islam /

some individually pursuing Gods in there own way thru a process called learning as in Sikhsim which is flexible to allow an individual to pursue his way of divinity.

So we need not waste our energy on stuff like conversion which are man made barrier and pursue our Gods in our own individual way.

BHUL CHUK MAF

My friend : No religion teaches to convert.. however.. this is suggested only to stop our sikh community getting outnumbered by others.. wot with sikhs converting to other religions.. :umm:

Minorities are known to perish.. :cool:

The western religions (Judaism, Christanity, Islam) are people of the book so they will always fight each other.

Their forefather Abraham heard a voice of the devil and he thought it was the voice of God. Since then over 3/4 people of the planet has gone astray.

The eastern faiths (Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism) are people of the SOUL.

Gurfateh ji,

Pher hun asee kee kariye? je asee minority reh gaye taan saada kee hoouga?

satnam waheguru JI

http://www.crusadewatch.org/ ( QUOTE )

The best among the site I liked was article :-

Compare and Contrast Jihadi Islam and Evangelical Christianity

http://www.crusadewatch.org/index.php?opti...8&Itemid=26

The best statement in it was this which was :

Territorial Expansion: Jomo Kenyatta, Kenya's first elected Prime Minister (1963-1964) and President (1964-1978) said: "When the missionaries arrived, the Africans had the land and the missionaries had the Bible. They taught us to pray with our eyes closed. When we opened them, they had the land and we had the Bible LOL.gif

Cool cats I guess

love

harinder

Gurmat is a universal religion and it IS an obligation to do parchaar. Missionary work has been part of Sikhi since the very start. Whereas Jesus and Mohammed and other 'prophets' stayed within their local areas, Guru Nanak is "jagat Guru" and travelled from China to even Europe and Africa. This is clear proof that Guru Sahib thought the message of Gurmat is not restricted to Punjab but is meant for all of humanity.

Guru Amar Das set up Manjis all across India to do parchaar of Sikhi and there were (and still are) Sikhs across India.

If we aren't doing parchaar it's not because it is against Sikhi, it's because we aren't following our obligation. Guru Sahib goes so far as to say, "ਜਨੁ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਧੂੜਿ ਮੰਗੈ ਤਿਸੁ ਗੁਰਸਿਖ ਕੀ ਜੋ ਆਪਿ ਜਪੈ ਅਵਰਹ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਾਵੈ ॥੨॥"

So parchaar is in fact an obligation for Gursikhs as a seva to humanity.