Flash Player

Vaheguru24/7

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

thanks everyone - we'll try uninstalling/reinstalling it all and let you know if it works. it's quite possible that it's our antivirus thingo stopping it. (we tried turning javascript on with the internet options but still no luck.)

did you? tongue.gif there is a difference between downloading something and installing it. amateurs rolleyes.gif :umm:

did u click on that link? did the video play?

PS. you reply is the reason i didnt go into IT support tongue.gif no offense btw :cool:

when i said we were experts i was being sarcastic :s but there's no need to rub it in, Mr I-Know-The-Difference-Between-Installing-And-Downloading. we did click on the lovely link, and the wee video did play. On the Test Adobe Shockwave and Flash Players page, it has an animation-thingie for Adobe Shockwave Player, but nothing for the Adobe Flash Player. (Youtube still not working.)

we'll keep everyone updated on these exciting happenings. :)

~l~

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O my, so much for joking around blush.gif

and the wee video did play. On the Test Adobe Shockwave and Flash Players page, it has an animation-thingie for Adobe Shockwave Player, but nothing for the Adobe Flash Player. (Youtube still not working.)
errr the page has a animation for both shockwave player and flash player. now, if i understand what you say here correctly the flash player animation didn't work rite???? :umm:

PS i thought you were a quiet person ... :cool:

now, if i understand what you say here correctly the flash player animation didn't work rite???? :umm:
that's right.
ok so that means it didnt install properly for watever reason. try installing Adobe Flash Player again. http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/

PS i thought you were a quiet person ... :cool:

I don't like increasing my post count blush.gif .

no no that aint the right reason. i see now, our like a cheetah, waits until its dark then pounces on its pray tongue.gif n today was my turn cry_smile.gif

PS i thought you were a quiet person ... :)

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh!

Pha Ji Dont judge :cool: Jap Naam instead :TH:

grin.gif hmm Phen Ji maby if you and your sister Jap Naam for a couple of hours non stop with all the love you got and let your souls cry out to Vaheguru Ji, then it might work :umm:

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh!

hi there

thats very curious......mmmmmmmmm.......the best thing, (imho) is to uninstall the Flash PLayer 9 thru add and remove programs......THEN RESTART......the will remove any temporary files the Flash PLayer may be using.......the doing then doing the flash player install......and then intstall the macromeia Shockwave player that is also available from the Adobe site....then re-start the computer again and then try it.....

if that doesnt work....are you the administrator on your machine?......also make sure windows firewall is switched off

go to Add and Remove Programs and Windows Firewall - (i know it says not reccommended but windows firewall causes more harm than good......trust me

then after you have switched off the firewall and installed the flash stuff RESTART and give that a go....

if all else fails, could you post up a print screen of the error you are getting when you try an play video on youtube?

Hope this helps

JustME

err i've never had to restart after installing flash player, n it works fine with my firewall ON.

if you do wanna try with firewall off, then make sure your internet connecton is disabled before you turn firewall off. this will prevent any viruses/spyware etc. to be installed on ur machine. and trust me, it only takes a few secs, already happened to me once.

I've tried to uninstall the whole Flashplayer Thing, following the instructions it has on the adobe website. But apparently 'Flash9b.ocx is still running', so I the uninstallation isn't being completed properly. I searched for that Flash9b.ocx thing, and tried deleting it, but it said I couldn't because it was still 'in use'. And I had closed down all other browsers/messengers.

So first I need to work out how to uninstall it, before I can reinstall it, and hope that it works after that.

Any help would be appreciated, because help is needed.

rolleyes.gif

p.s. Papi, I don't know how to disable the internet. It sounds dangerous.

lol i assure you its perfectly safe to disable your intenet connection, provided, you know how to enable it again tongue.gif

but i wont get into that

ok lets try this for a clean uninstall. restart your computer in safe mode. go here to know how to do that: http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm

now try uinstalling that flashplayer thingie. see if that works.

it might be better to print that article and read ALL of it before starting

PS. "disable the internet" LOL.gif