Amritvela

Guest ........................

Guest ........................

WJKK WJKF

i used to get up at amritvela but i now find i cannot get up early no more. my heart yearns to wake up early but when morning comes i fail. i now its a mind over matter thing and i hav to fight my mind and fight the laziness but nothing seems to work. i go to gurudwara to ask for help to wake up early and also do ardaas to wake up early.

i dn't no, i just feel like a bad person, like a disgrace . I now how important amritvella is yet when morning comes i don't get up. my gran says people that are blessed people or hav guru's kirpa wake up and pray. does this make me a bad person. u don't no how much i want to wake up. i even plan wot prayers i shll do after nitem yet wen morningcomes NOTHING. Even if i go to sleep early i stil wake up late. i feel like suh a failure, like i'm wasting my life.

:sady:

WJKK WJKF

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WJKK WJKF

i used to get up at amritvela but i now find i cannot get up early no more. my heart yearns to wake up early but when morning comes i fail. i now its a mind over matter thing and i hav to fight my mind and fight the laziness but nothing seems to work. i go to gurudwara to ask for help to wake up early and also do ardaas to wake up early.

i dn't no, i just feel like a bad person, like a disgrace . I now how important amritvella is yet when morning comes i don't get up. my gran says people that are blessed people or hav guru's kirpa wake up and pray. does this make me a bad person. u don't no how much i want to wake up. i even plan wot prayers i shll do after nitem yet wen morningcomes NOTHING. Even if i go to sleep early i stil wake up late. i feel like suh a failure, like i'm wasting my life.

:sady:

WJKK WJKF

When you hear your alarm go off jump out of bed and stand at attention like you're in the army...see if that helps.

In the end, everyone has kirpa to wake up, but instead of listening to Maharaj we listen to our own minds instead. That's why we can't get up in the morning.

So have determination, do an ardas, and try again!

goto bed even earlier, sometimes we can't wake cause we haven't gotten a decent amount of sleep.

also, if you are sleeping LOTS (8 hours) then it might be the case that you are not getting deep/proper sleep, go see a doctor to sort that out :TH:

try changin ur hours of wakin up.. for example... before i took amrit, i had a sched to help me get my amrit vela as a regular routine... so.. at first i started wakin up at 6:30... showered... then simran/nitnem.... then a few weeks later... i set my alarm for 6... then... once my body was used to dat, about a month later i set alarm for 5:30... then slowly work ur way down...

i's worked wit myself n a few other peepz dat i suggested to... try it out...

Guest Guest

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh forgive but is amrit vela 12-6 or 12-4 because i heard a famous respected giani ji say 12-4 but i always thought and thought that it was widely believed to be 12-6 and is it ok to stay awake and do isnaan and nitnem at 12 then go to sleep. i don't do this but i was just wandering thanks for your help in answering this papi's questions vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

Guest Guest

Waheguroo ji ka khalsa Waheguroo ji ki fathe!

This article is about the importance of Amritvela...and what Maharaj has said about Amritvela...! The Shabad goes as follows..

mÚ 4 ]

Fourth Mehla:

gur siqgur kw jo isKu AKwey su Blky auiT hir nwmu iDAwvY ]

One who calls himself a Sikh of the Guru, the True Guru, shall rise in the early morning hours and meditate on the Lord's Name.

Mahraj is telling us about the importance of Amritwela...Maharaj has CLEARLY stated that he or she is only a true Gursikh that wakes up Amritvela..that being 12am or 2 am...it is important for a sikh to wake up at Amritvela...other wise one shouldn’t even call themselves the Sikhs of the Guru. Every day we go to the gurdwara and bow our heads in front of Dhan Dhan Guru Granth Sahib ji maharaj, yet we don’t follow anything maharaj says! Some even wake up and do Nitnem but go back to sleep this is not Gurmat and pure manmat as you will see by the next few tukhs....!!

audmu kry Blky prBwqI iesnwnu kry AMimRq sir nwvY ]

Upon arising early in the morning, he is to bathe, and cleanse himself in the pool of nectar.

It is very important for a Gursikh to have an ishnaan in the morning but even more important to jaap naam while having a bath other wise there is no point. The reason for this is because even if we are not in Amritsar and cannot have ishnaan in the holy tank we can still get the same flavor of ishnaan in our own bathrooms! If we don’t jap naam or do some kind of Gurbani abhiyaas whilst bathing then it will not be accepted by maharaj.

aupdyis gurU hir hir jpu jwpY siB iklivK pwp doK lih jwvY ]

Following the Instructions of the Guru, he is to chant the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. All sins, misdeeds and negativity shall be erased.

Wahegurooo....following the instructions of the guru...are we doing this...sadly NO! It is pure manmat to have the guts to wake up and not jaap naam...even doing nitnem alone will NOT have a great value if we do not jaap naam...as this is what mahraj tells us to do THROUGHOUT mahrajs gurbani!! So how can we say that naam is nothing...pure manmat thinking!! There are many ways one can build there naam kamai, (with waheguroo jis kirpa) one can start of by doing 5 mins, 10mins, half hour, and then hour, when we start doing a hour we will not want to STOP! We will then find the true meaning of waheguroo and his love!

iPir cVY idvsu gurbwxI gwvY bhidAw auTidAw hir nwmu iDAwvY ]

Then, at the rising of the sun, he is to sing Gurbani; whether sitting down or standing up, he is to meditate on the Lord's Name.

This is why it is stated that waking up and doing only nitnem then going back to sleep is manmat...Mahraj tells us that when the sun is rising that is the time of doing the nitnem that has been blessed to you by mahraj!! But it does not stop there....jaaping naam through out the whole day is very very important...Even if we do wake up amritwela but don’t jaap naam in the day time then you are just a sleep in the day...Hukam is to jaap naam in the day!! Jaap naam 24/7..specialy in the day...while working...doing kaam...etc..!! NAAM IS EVERYTHING...!!

jo swis igrwis iDAwey myrw hir hir so gurisKu gurU min BwvY ]

One who meditates on my Lord, Har, Har, with every breath and every morsel of food - that GurSikh becomes pleasing to the Guru's Mind.

Here mahraj continues to show the importance of naam japna through out the day...when we start to do athi pehr naam abhiyaas we will start to get closer to waheguroo and mahraj will show us more love, as this is bringing you closer to Mahraj!! So why waste time, if we have true love then we will not be wasting any more time. START NOW!!

As every one is aware of there is a lot of beadbi of Dhan Dhan Guru Granth Sahib Ji Mahraj, but who said we are not doing beadbi…we don’t listen to mahraj…when we took Amrit we promised to mahraj…that we will sacrifice our man, dhan to you…but have we really done this! NO because we do not jaap naam we said we are yours but yet don’t listen to a word what mahraj says! WE LIED TO MAHRAJ….what can be a bigger beadbi then this even his Sikhs are turning away, mahraj will be more hurt by this…!!

What happened in 1984, has hurt the khalsa panth a lot…we talk about the Indian government did very bad…the Indian Government attacked from the front…so we went fighting but how about now…they are still attacking but from behind we don’t realize this because we are blinded by the pleasure, some even say we are going to wait for a leader or going to go when there is another attack on the panth, the most powerful leader is Dhan Dhan Guru Granth Sahib ji, that’s all we should be concentrating on.

Sant Jarnail singh ji was a great leader for the Sikhs, as he did parchaar on seva, naam and sacrifice, he awoke the panth, but sadly the panth has gone back to sleep.

…there is a lot of ‘dhil’ (weaknesses) in the panth, a lot of division in the panth, due to rehit…but why??? There is only one main rehit and that is naam as mahraj explains…everything outside naam is false..what ever the rehit is!! Do not argue about rehit get together and jaap naam…read Gurbani, do veechar and mainly do amritwela! Some believe that we need to do something for the panth and not just jaap naam..yeh this is correct, but without naam we can not do anything…how will we be able do seva for the panth if we are not strong in mind! If we can’t wake up amritwela then… sorry but we will NEVER get Khalsa Raj, we will get no where physically or mentally!

ijs no dieAwlu hovY myrw suAwmI iqsu gurisK gurU aupdysu suxwvY ]

That person, unto whom my Lord and Master is kind and compassionate - upon that GurSikh, the Guru's Teachings are bestowed.

Mahraj will only be kind and compassionate to us if we do what mahraj says…his hukam is to jaap naam…through out Dhan Dhan Guru Granth Sahib ji it does veechar on naam…mahraj tells us NAAM JAPO, NAAM JAPO, NAAM JAPO!

NOTE - that Gurbani and Naam are two different things….this does not mean that they are higher then each other Gurbani still does usttaat of waheguroo. Gurbani tells us what to do…instructions…but doing those things is different..if mahraj says naam japo..then we have to use the gurmantar that our Panj Piyareh have taught us as for the Sikhs, Waheguroooo!

jnu nwnku DUiV mMgY iqsu gurisK kI jo Awip jpY Avrh nwmu jpwvY ]2]

Servant Nanak begs for the dust of the feet of that GurSikh, who himself chants the Naam, and inspires others to chant it. ||2||

Finally, mahrajs ends the shabad by telling us to jaap naam ourselves and get others to jaap naam! It is important to organize Keertan programs and Simran programs around your local area…as mahraj will do a lot of kirpa on us!! Remember the best place to jaap naam is when there is ekta not different groups…don’t do things out of hanker do it out of love! ‘Sach kaho sun leho sabhe jin prem kiao thin hee prabh paiyo!!’

Please forgive this bhikari of any mistakes as I am to a leaner, I am only human and will surely make mistakes, as the sangat I put my hands together and pray at your feet to do ardaas for me!

Waheguroo ji ka khalsa Waheguroo ji ki fathe!

Guest Guest

a good friend of mine sent me this email, hope it helps

The Power & Effect of the Daily Banis

JAJPJI SAHIB: Control’s one’s "ji," one’s soul. When your ji, your being is endangered, when the radiance of your soul is weak, recite Japji. Guru Nanak said that the thirty-eight Pauris of Japji would liberate the humanity from the cycles of birth and death.

SHABAD HAZAARAY: This is the highest disciple’s love letter, written by Arjun to Guru Ram Das. Its boon is that it gives the benefits of a thousand Shabads, and the soul shall directly merge with God. It makes the separated ones come home with grace. One who recites this Shabad shall never be separated from their beloved.

JAAP SAHIB: The Naad of Jaap Sahib rouses the soul and the self of the Being. Sahib means grace. Recite it when your position is endangered, or when your authoratative personality is weak. This Bani brings grace and greatness. It will also give you the ability, that whatever people say, you will automatically be able to compute what they are actually saying. And, once you are able to recite it correctly, it will give you the power, the Siddhi, that whatever you say, must happen. Man can direct God and God can direct man. Guru Gobind Singh recited Jaap Sahib so we won’t become beggars at the doors of others.

TEV PRASAAD SWAIYAAS: Spoken by Guru Gobind Singh. When you are not getting any satisfaction out of life, this is the Bani to recite.

ANAND SAHIB: Whosoever recites the forty Pauris of Anand will have endless bliss, because the Guru is limitless. In this Bani, mind and body are explained in relation to cosmic divinity. Guru Amar Das gave us this Song of Bliss to qualify the mind and to understand the depth. For husband and wife to get together, recite it together, alternating sutras (lines).

REHIRAS SAHIB: This Bani is recited after one has worked and is tired. It adds energy (raa-hu) to one’s being, to one’s total concept. Also, recite it when your worldly wealth is endangered. In Naad, reh means live, and raas means commodity. Rehiras Sahib helps you when you are physically weak, or weak in money, property and earthly goods.

KIRTAN SOHILAA: This Bani is done before sleep at night. It is the most harmonious Naad ever uttered. It multiplies the aura to the sensitivity of protection that it eliminates any negativity for miles and miles. When you are endangered by any species of direct or indirect source, and when you want to protect yourself with the surrounding of the entire magnetic field of the earth, recite Kirtan Sohila.