Knowing What Caste U Are By Ur Dastar...

Sunshine

I was taught to tie my turban by my great-uncle who was from Kenya and as such I have a 'kenyan' style starched turban.

Anyhoo, I was recently told by an Amritdhari that he could tell that I was 'Ramgharia' from my turban. For me, I couldn't believe that he actually made that distinction and he was amritdhari. It didn't matter that he was kinda correct - we go to a Ramgharia Gurdwara, but for me that's the closest Gurdwara and that Ramgharia is merely a name.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was taught to tie my turban by my great-uncle who was from Kenya and as such I have a 'kenyan' style starched turban.

Anyhoo, I was recently told by an Amritdhari that he could tell that I was 'Ramgharia' from my turban. For me, I couldn't believe that he actually made that distinction and he was amritdhari. It didn't matter that he was kinda correct - we go to a Ramgharia Gurdwara, but for me that's the closest Gurdwara and that Ramgharia is merely a name.

oh yhhh, damn

Starch and pins must never be used whilst wearing a daastar, nor should it be placed on the floor or in your mouth when you are tieing it.

Using Starch and pins simply makes it into a hat you can put on and take off. A daastar is not a hat.

Refrain from using starch. When removing a daastar it should not simply taken off in one piece but unravelled each laar at a time.

A daastar should not really be ironed either, but i cant remember why this was.

Try tieing it without a mirror.

^^^ :umm: seonk haha thats another classic punjabi word i haven't heard in a while grin.gif PS. you might as well explain what it means cause people probly wont know