Full Rehras Sahib

machete

While I have no problems with anyone reading the longer Rehras Sahib or shabads before Sohila Sahib, I have serious problems with someone saying those are the "genuine" ones and others are incomplete.

I have never seen Baba Deep Singh's gutka and I doubt a genuine one exists. If it does, I'd be very interested to see it.

As for Sohila Sahib: Guru Granth Sahib has the original nitnem banis at the very start. Japji Sahib, Sodar (Rehras) and Sohila Sahib. The extra shabads are great to do but they don't form part of the Sohila Sahib as was part of the original nitnem and as it appears at the start of Sri Guru Granth Sahib.

There are so many versions of Rehras Sahib today and frankly they keep changing as well. The Bhindar Kala Taksal starts their Rehraas at "Dukh Daroo", Bhindran Mehta starts at "Har jug jug". The Rehras Sahib found at the start of Guru Granth Sahib starts at "Sodar" and so it seems pretty clear wear the actual start is.

I could give a long article on this issue but why bother. My only point is that have some tolerance. If someone reads a different version of Rehras than you, don't be so bold to say that yours is "genuine"and the others are "shortened" or incomplete. In fact, do some research of your own and see what exactly Rehras Sahib was like in puratan times.