Destiny - Can Ever Become Good Even If Its Not In My Kismat To Become So

Guest Papi

The following question arose in anothe thread:

how can we overcome difficulties in our life if everything is pre-ordained?

for example...........if i commit paap (im not justifying anything ive done cos i know paap is paap no matter what)is that me or is that my destiny? can ever become good even if its not in my kismat to become so? :sady:

it is your destiny to meet/merge with/realize waheguru. you got the gift of this human body so that you can merge with waheguru.

BeI prwpiq mwnuK dyhurIAw ]

goibMd imlx kI ieh (this life) qyrI brIAw ]

Whether to choose to acknoweldge that and work towards is still your choice. However, guru sahib also tells that

ieknw hukmI bKsIs ieik hukmI sdw BvweIAih ]

Some, by His Command, are blessed and forgiven; others, by His Command, wander aimlessly forever.

lets take an example, say we goto work. when we goto work we know that what we need to do and if there is a problem of some sort, we dont just give up on it. we acknowledge that if we dont get this stuff done by a certain deadline we'll be in trouble or worse we'll be fired. we acknowledge the fact that we are at work and we need to do work, there is no other choice and thats where the motivation comes from to do work. the first step is to acknowledge. if we didnt acknowledge that then we woudln't work and nothing would get done and we would most likely be fired.

take the above example and apply it to sikhi. first, we must acknowledge that we are here to meet waheguru. once we do that only then we can start to work towards that goal. so everything starts from a simple acknowledgement.

Most dont realize the fact that we are here to get laha and progress on the spiritual path. mostly we see people asking for ONLY worldly things from waheguru. we ask for cars, big houses, money, fame. but bhai gurdaas ji says

dwqw Ehu n mMgIAY iPir mMgix jweIAY]

[dont ask for those things, that you would have to come and ask for them again]

i've gone a little off topic so i'll stop here.

you, my friend are very powerful. dont say otherwise for you have that ilahi jot of waheguru residing inside or your body. the only thing we need to do is acknowledge it !!! :umm:

one sakhi comes to mind, i dont remember it exactly so i'm just going to paraphrase it in my own words but the message is still the same.

a King asked guru sahib, you say everything is pre-destined. then why should i serve you? if i am meant to lead a life full of corruption then whats the point of coming to gurudwara?

Guru sahib sends him home. at night while sleeping, the king has a dream in which sometimes he is a beggar, sometimes he is an animal etc..... he wakes up all confused and goes to guru sahib looking for an explanation. guru sahib says, listen raja, that dream was real, you were meant to go into those joons (lives) after this life. but since you came with shardha in your heart and served the house of NANAK you have been excused from those lives.

so, in conclusion, yes stuff is pre-destined BUT only by serving the house of NANAK can that destiny be changed pray.gif

bhul chuk maaf. guru rakha.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so, in conclusion, yes stuff is pre-destined BUT only by serving the house of NANAK can that destiny be changed pray.gif

bhul chuk maaf. guru rakha.

Papi jee that was truly inspriational..............i've been feeling realy lost these past few weeks..........i felt that everything i was doing had no purpose and i didnt know where i was going...........

thank u

JustME

xx

waheguru i get the post but i still dont understand. What if you 'serve the house of Nanak' but unfortunate things still happen? Is it a test? But Akaal Purakh is all-knowing, so they should know the outcome? I just dont get it...can someone help me?

what you think is unfortunate now might not be unfortunate tomm :umm:

think about this for a second, if it wasn't for all the hardships, all the times we were pushed against and a wall and had nowhere to go, would we be the person we are today? hardships should be considered a blessing from guru sahibs, without hardships we wouldn't even appreciate the easy/happy times :cool:

can someone help me?
can someone help me too pray.gif

waheguru i get the post but i still dont understand. What if you 'serve the house of Nanak' but unfortunate things still happen? Is it a test? But Akaal Purakh is all-knowing, so they should know the outcome? I just dont get it...can someone help me?

Define "unfortunate things" ?

In bold words basically

The Guru can change your destiny , so we have to stop blaming bad feelings/problems/ events on our destiny and go to the guru................ he will change it............ we are the ones who make the choice before commiting a paap. next time think before your about to do something and whether its right.............you will find you have a choice.............but in the bigger picture we are going through the obstacles which are written in our destiny....

but it is imposible to understand how God works..................what we do know is that ..............the sikh way of life leads to salvation........... period

Define "unfortunate things" ?

as in things that seem 'bad' but arent. like when u cross the road and get by a car and ur leg breaks - its unfortunate cos u brke ur leg but it aint bad cos u didnt lose ur life...thats what I mean when i use it :umm: (it probably aint the right word but i cudnt think of anything else tongue.gif )

In bold words basically

The Guru can change your destiny , so we have to stop blaming bad feelings/problems/ events on our destiny and go to the guru................ he will change it............ we are the ones who make the choice before commiting a paap. next time think before your about to do something and whether its right.............you will find you have a choice.............but in the bigger picture we are going through the obstacles which are written in our destiny....

but it is imposible to understand how God works..................what we do know is that ..............the sikh way of life leads to salvation........... period

ok i understand that but what about when ur life canges as a result of someone else's actions? i'm still :umm: