Destiny - Can Ever Become Good Even If Its Not In My Kismat To Become So

Guest Papi

waheguru i get the post but i still dont understand. What if you 'serve the house of Nanak' but unfortunate things still happen? Is it a test? But Akaal Purakh is all-knowing, so they should know the outcome? I just dont get it...can someone help me?

Define "unfortunate things" ?

say you start to do ur nitnem, take me for example............at one point i blamed God for all my problems, heaith, family etc........then one day tat all changed..........i began to realise God and began my nitnem and was on such a spiritual high......... then summat happend..............and since then i always tell myself it hasnt effected me but i lost that 'high' and i havent been able to get it back......

is that in my kismat.....? or did i do summat bad for this thnig to happen? or is it a test of my faith? :sady:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

say you start to do ur nitnem, take me for example............at one point i blamed God for all my problems, heaith, family etc........then one day tat all changed..........i began to realise God and began my nitnem and was on such a spiritual high......... then summat happend..............and since then i always tell myself it hasnt effected me but i lost that 'high' and i havent been able to get it back......

is that in my kismat.....? or did i do summat bad for this thnig to happen? or is it a test of my faith? :sady:

kbIr JMKu n JMKIAY qumro kihE n hoie ]

kabeer jha(n)kh n jha(n)kheeai thumaro kehiou n hoe ||

Kabeer, do not struggle in stubborn pride; nothing happens just because you say so.

krm krIm ju kir rhy myit n swkY koie ]32]

karam kareem j kar rehae maett n saakai koe ||32||

No one can erase the actions of the Merciful Lord. ||32||

=====================================

you were on a "high" because guru made you so

dwqY dwiq rKI hiQ ApxY ijsu BwvY iqsu dyeI ]

dhaathai dhaath rakhee hathh apanai jis bhaavai this dhaeee ||

The Great Giver keeps His Gifts in His Hand; He gives them to those with whom He is pleased.

also, stop weighing the "good" & "bad" because

sloku ]

salok ||

Salok:

lyKY kqih n CUtIAY iKnu iKnu BUlnhwr ]

laekhai kathehi n shhootteeai khin khin bhoolanehaar ||

Because of the balance due on his account, he can never be released; he makes mistakes each and every moment.

bKsnhwr bKis lY nwnk pwir auqwr ]1]

bakhasanehaar bakhas lai naanak paar outhaar ||1||

O Forgiving Lord, please forgive me, and carry Nanak across. ||1||

=====================================

you were on a "high" because guru made you so

Exactly..............maybe it is pride.............but its also hurt..............Gurujee put my on this high and i gave up all the bad thigs i did then when that thing happend...........i carried on doing my nitnem........but summat inside me changed.........is that my own weakness?

cos i realy dont wana feel this way.......i always do ardass for me to go back the way i was but..........ive lost summat and i cant get it back..................im trying realy hard to...............thats when i start thinking its my kismat not to find God in this lifetime.............cos i need to make up for all the bad things ive done in my next janam............but when i think like that i realy wanna change and do good......but i feel like its not meant to be........... pray.gif

say you start to do ur nitnem, take me for example.....at one point i blamed myself for all my problems, health, family etc.....then one day that all changed.......i began to realize god and began my nitnem but never was on a spiritual high...did have a feeling about the exsitence of GOD....then summat happened ( and if i look back and analyze carefully it was me who was responsible for that) ..... and since then i always tell myself it did affect me...and i still continue doing paath and ask Guru Ji to forgive me for whatever happened... and have faith in Guru Ji. I have a firm belief that what happens to us happens for our own GOOD. Its about time we start looking for goods in these so called unfortunate things.

For me all the bad things i have done so far have taught me a good lesson, but i still don't stop. Someone on msn just told me that its the "haumai" that doesn't let us unite with Guru Ji.

I have a firm belief that what happens to us happens for our own GOOD.
thats the key.

serve the guru and then,

kot kotMqr pwpw kyry eyk GVI mih KovY ]

kott kotta(n)thar paapaa kaerae eaek gharree mehi khovai ||

Millions upon millions of sins, He destroys in an instant.

waheguru i get the post but i still dont understand. What if you 'serve the house of Nanak' but unfortunate things still happen? Is it a test? But Akaal Purakh is all-knowing, so they should know the outcome? I just dont get it...can someone help me?

Define "unfortunate things" ?

im sure someone can give u a better answr. im not trying to answer the questions just tryin to understand them as well. they are good questions, but for some reason the questions u are asking can't really be answered right away. why are u worried about if its a test?kismat?or a result (consiquence) of something u did? why not keep on doing what u were doing before and kinda increase the amount of time u spend reading bani, or doing simran=). shabds are ardas as u sing them u know that we are asking waheguru to give/change something in ourlife that "accordin to us" isn't going the way it should be. its a very complex subject for me and after a while one does get confused.

we can provide u with answers and make u think but u will need to sit with urself. when doing path or simran alone ask these questions to the all powerful Paramatma (suprm soul pravdin evrywhere) ur questions will be answerd and u will also be provided a sloultion.

stop making urself a victm and thinking waheguru is out there to test us. why would he test his ownself? we are given the tools and instructions. we are also provided with the BEST teacher ever...just follow the instructions of Guru and life will unfold itsself to u.(thats whre u be able to see if its pre-ord/destiny or something else)

im in rush rigtnow but will get back to u if this confused u. i think it might ...cuz i feel im not being clear either.

bhul chuk muaff karni

waheguru ji kakhalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

say you start to do ur nitnem, take me for example.....at one point i blamed myself for all my problems, health, family etc.....then one day that all changed.......i began to realize god and began my nitnem but never was on a spiritual high...did have a feeling about the exsitence of GOD....then summat happened ( and if i look back and analyze carefully it was me who was responsible for that) ..... and since then i always tell myself it did affect me...and i still continue doing paath and ask Guru Ji to forgive me for whatever happened... and have faith in Guru Ji. I have a firm belief that what happens to us happens for our own GOOD. Its about time we start looking for goods in these so called unfortunate things.

For me all the bad things i have done so far have taught me a good lesson, but i still don't stop. Someone on msn just told me that its the "haumai" that doesn't let us unite with Guru Ji.

B4an4r paajee i think you are right............instead on dwelling on the 'unfortunate' we need to have a certain level of acceptace..............like 'ok this thing has happend..........deal with it and move on........its only when you move on from it you can analyse and pick out the 'good' you gain from the 'unfortunate' and begin to build urself back up.............

i think i gotta work through the moving on bit............thanks for that paajee............things arent as fuzzy as they first were.............

There was once a muslim fakir who was in search of god. ( i forget his name ) He came to Baba Harnam Singh Jee and slowly turned towards sikhi. didnt take amrit. one day babaji was doing katha and this guy start crying out loud in the diwan. sangat was surprised, to say the least. babaji asked him why he was crying now as he had found house of god. fakir replied, i'm not crying because of what i have now, i'm crying because i wasted so much of my life without guru sahib, when i could've gotten so much in that time. i'm crying thinking why did i not come here sooner.

babaji replied, no thats the way it was meant to happen. everything happened according to bhana. it is because of all those doors you went to and didnt find satisfaction that you have such deep respect and love for the house of guru nanak. if you were brought here sooner, you would've not accepted it and then you would've cried for many lives not just a few hours.

dhan guru di sikhi, dhan guru pararey.

babaji replied, no thats the way it was meant to happen. everything happened according to bhana. it is because of all those doors you went to and didnt find satisfaction that you have such deep respect and love for the house of guru nanak. if you were brought here sooner, you would've not accepted it and then you would've cried for many lives not just a few hours.

dhan guru di sikhi, dhan guru pararey.

pray.gif im not blaming Parmatma.........its me im such a murakh that i cant see past myself and my pain.......its the me me me that is bringing me down..................i should draw strengh from my experiences...............and see that God is actually trying to make me a stronger person through unfortunate experiences cos would i ever think about God had i not had these? :umm:

phenjee ur rite God will only ever do thing for our own good and instead of always asking why why why we should except mahajee's hukam and continue to sing His praises.................I was at Katha at the Giani Sahib sed that Dukh/Sukh are the same thing...........its when we differenciate we face sorrow......