Hard Finding A Job?

Thug Life

I think that everyone is going to have some hard experience finding a job because of the way they look, but the more that we get out there, the easier it's going to get. The most important thing is a noncompromise of beliefs; in other words, don't give up or give in. It's only going to get tougher for us if more people give up their kes or something in order to get a job, because people are going to see less Sikhs, making it harder for people to see past our appearance. Follow?

Guest peacemaker

The job should be based on your qualifications, not your looks. I think we as sikh people are beautiful. So I don't see what the big deal is.

Ummm not really.

A couple of companies asked me if i could shave or cut my hair because of their safety policy, i simply refused. Otherwise, i don't think my appearance is a barrier.

Remember one thing always Guru Ji will be always there with you :umm:

Guest peacemaker
Ummm not really.

A couple of companies asked me if i could shave or cut my hair because of their safety policy, i simply refused. Otherwise, i don't think my appearance is a barrier.

Remember one thing always Guru Ji will be always there with you :umm:

What companies were those?

You gotta remember that everyone has bias, like I've seen chinese employers kinda inclined towards chinese, people looking for others from the universities they went to n stuff.....

Sometimes you might find problems depending on the job, company and area or in some cases incase you got some redneck there to interview you tongue.gif ... However, I haven't had any major problem with any of my job search....

Just go and kill the interview and the job is in ur pocket... :umm: Gud luck.... :TH:

Guest peacemaker
^^^

Ohh.. I am sure u not gonna have any problem findign job, incase you do.. just sue someone's <admin-profanity filter activated> and you dont' have to work like ever :cool:

:umm: