Who To Give Amrit To...

na my point is that if they were disabled then it would be acceptable for another disabled person to have the honour of being a panj piyara. It might sound a bit iffy but i reckon i'd b a tad bit upset if i tried real hard to be the best sikh i can be but when it comes to being a panj piyara i cant because i'm not perfect in another persons eyes. Even though what Bandar pahji says makes loads of sense. But what bout if ur blind in only 1 eye?...

sewa as one of punj payare can't be just done. its given to by guru sahib himself. and guru sahib so wills then ofcourse someone with 1 eye will do it :TH:

Guest Dancing Warrior

On a similar note, now I want to make it clear my aim is not to start controversy by asking this. I don’t know so I’m simply asking.

What would happen say for example if a person received Amrit from the likes of personalities that were later discredited as being corrupt or bogus? Now I know of at least several people this has happened to.

Would the person still be Amritdhari? Would they have to retake their Amrit?

On a similar note, now I want to make it clear my aim is not to start controversy by asking this. I don't know so I'm simply asking.

What would happen say for example if a person received Amrit from the likes of personalities that were later discredited as being corrupt or bogus? Now I know of at least several people this has happened to.

Would the person still be Amritdhari? Would they have to retake their Amrit?

no, as long as when you take amrit, u realize thats noone other othan guru gobind singh ji himself giving it to you, you are fine. if we look at the other side, if i take amrit thinking o w/v just 5 people are giving it me, its something that tastes sweet, then it doesn't matter because i have not understood the meaing of amrit

there is a very old hukamnama regarding it .... and its an years and years old tradition .... should they be questioned ???? being a sikh what i feel is we cant understand reason for every hukam of guru ....