Guest Dancing Warrior

On a similar note, now I want to make it clear my aim is not to start controversy by asking this. I don’t know so I’m simply asking.

What would happen say for example if a person received Amrit from the likes of personalities that were later discredited as being corrupt or bogus? Now I know of at least several people this has happened to.

Would the person still be Amritdhari? Would they have to retake their Amrit?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WJKK WJKF Just nicked an english version of rehitmaryada from southall gurdwara (hehe) and theres this bit that goes: What does sangat think of this?? Cos I've heard of many situations where people

On a similar note, now I want to make it clear my aim is not to start controversy by asking this. I don't know so I'm simply asking.

What would happen say for example if a person received Amrit from the likes of personalities that were later discredited as being corrupt or bogus? Now I know of at least several people this has happened to.

Would the person still be Amritdhari? Would they have to retake their Amrit?

no, as long as when you take amrit, u realize thats noone other othan guru gobind singh ji himself giving it to you, you are fine. if we look at the other side, if i take amrit thinking o w/v just 5 people are giving it me, its something that tastes sweet, then it doesn't matter because i have not understood the meaing of amrit

there is a very old hukamnama regarding it .... and its an years and years old tradition .... should they be questioned ???? being a sikh what i feel is we cant understand reason for every hukam of guru ....

i think its ridiculous to restrict someone if they are disabled. Amrit is something which resides within and physical attributes cannot effect it. This is discrimination! if one is disabled they should live as best as they can to live within rehit even if it means listening to punj bania or not bathing everyday due to age etc.

this is bad, fair enough amrit di daat should be given after years of seva however is the gurmukh has done seva to the best of his/her ability then that person should not be denied.

Very few people know when they are going to die, so saying that most people take amrit before they die for the reason that they are going to die is ridiculous

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• Haven't been on tiktok for a while.  I kind of don't want to know, but what things did you see on tiktok?
    • It's because these congress and akalis promise things to certain people. I have family back in punjab and I remeber constantly trying to convince them to not vote for congress or akali but no luck, some of them you'd rather bash your head against a brick wall then try to argue with them, no use. They often promise them government jobs and stuff, in exchange for votes, otherwise the well paying government jobs are basically impossible to get, which is we have so many punjabi sikhs moving abroad, happen to a few of my second cousins. Another reason they vote for these akali and congress is because of 'connection'. A lol of people in my family have connections with them, some are related to them. So basically if you're out and you have the punjab police asking for stuff, and your missing a few papers or don't have a licence, they'll just call one of these politicians, pr pretend to, and get away without paying anything. In punjab, it's pretty difficult to get certificates, so if you ask one of the politicians, they'll make stuff 'easier'. Also, if you do illegal things, which is really common in punjab, a lot excape jail by calling one of these politicians. 
    • Krishna's method is meant to be seen as a yudh-pentra, battle tactic. Krishna is praised in the very next pangti for his victory. Kritastar Singh was splitting heads left right center. He needed a take-down in the classic Cchhalia style. Powerful adversaries require tactics to take out.
    • I know someone who had a mild stammer. They slowed down their speech and lowered their energy and volume level when speaking. Now I can't tell  they ever had a stammer. After a few years, their slow and calm method has become a habit and requires no conscious effort. I can't say if this would work for everyone, but just thought I might share a simple self help tool. Another plus, this person has become much more thoughtful and precise in what they say because of the slower pace. Everyone tends to listen to them quite attentively when in a group setting.

Important Information

Terms of Use