Your Kirpan

Gupt_Singh

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

The reason that people call it a 'Taksali Kirpan' is because it is made by Singh's affiliated with the Damdami Taksal. These Kirpans are good because they are made according to Maryada (all Sarbloh). They are also very durable and last a long time. These Kirpans are made in Bhinder Kalaa and Metha. It is easy to spot the differences in the two if you look at them closely. The ones made in Bhinder Kalaa have more work put into them: the handle has contoured edges for better grip, and there is usually kadia on both sides)...the Bhinder Kalaa ones also cost more. There is no such thing as Kirpans made for a certain 'jatha'...but rather these Kirpans are made for Khalsa as a whole...it's just a fact that the Kirpans made by Taksal are hand-made, are dependable, and can be sharpened nicely, unlike those factory-made ones with "stainless steel' engraved on them, that can't even be sharpened, the blade can easily fall off, and in general, are not very good for practical use.

ps- i've never heard of 'AKJ Kirpans' before, which Kirpans are those?

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

The 'AKJ' kirpans are the ones which come in silver myaan and they have chain on the handle. So far these kirpans are the only ones that I know of which come sharpened. Yes, there's really no difference between kirpan, a kirpan is a kirpan, but just like Surrey Singh said those kirpans are called Taksali because they are made by people who have long been associated with the Taksaal and just like that the kirpans that I was talking about are called 'AKJ' because they are mostly only sold at AKJ smagams. It doesn't really matter which one you wear, I've seen 'AKJ' Singhs wear Taksali Kirpans and I know of some Taksalis who carry the 'AKJ' ones..

no big deal right?