Baba Jagjit Singh, Harkowal Wale

Guest Keep the peace

Ok where in that video bruv did sant jee let someone bow to him? :umm:

I dont want to get into a discussion about this as i am not learned and i know very little but i dont believe Sant jee let people bow to him... n theres a difference between people bowing to you and you letting them bow to you...

Singh i agree we do not need this discussion, but no sant asks anyone to bow to them, people do because of sharda and respect that is all. In the video all you see is Sant Ji giving their speech and people are placing money at their feet and bowing to them.

Please let me know which sants do ask people to bow to them, i will take it up with the samaj myself if this is the case as this is a sign of ego.

Back to the point Sant Jagjit Singh Ji are currently writing a book called Bhannu Parkash. If anyone wants a copy of Bhannu Parkash and Suhail Parkash by Sant Jagjit Singh Ji the downloadable copies are available on a thread on sikhawareness.

Its peoples MANMATT. Sant jee said so many times "dont matha tek to me" but people did. Every time i do a TINY bit of seva, people give me praises etc and no matter how many times i tell them not to do my vadiyayee, they dont listen to the point i just give up and ignore them.

And its as i said, there is a difference between people bowing to you, and letting them bow to you. Maybe you cant kick someone if they bow to you, but u sure can do ure best to tell them not to. Theres only so many times you can say it until u just think "Oh allow it"...

I have yet to meet the baba jee in the topic title but will share my experiences and thoughts afterwards..

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

It's funny how this pakhandi baba business can make some people become so easily shortsighted/deceived that they dont even realize what is right or wrong when it comes to the real deal, Sant Jagjit Singh Ji has told people not to bow to them or have moved out of the way on numerous occassions infront of my own eyes, usually the older sangat Baba ji doesnt really say anything too, but they sure as hell dont say "bow to me" lol as mentioned before, it wasnt a big deal for other mahapursh and it isnt now, Sant Jagjit Singh Ji is a pooran bhramgianee so Id watch what you say about them or others like them.

Admin, this has been discussed too many times and carpe diem isnt going to sway anyone nor are we going to sway him it seems. as for his experience, it makes no difference really..so can we please clsoe this? thanks

pce

I wasnt criticising Sant Jagjit Singh, so dont get me wrong. Im not out to offend neone, just giving my opinion and in terms of watching what im saying, i have not said anything derogatory about any Sant. Obviously he is revered by the saadh sangat. N i didnt say any of the sants have told sangat to bow to them so i dont know what you are on about there.

How am i or anyone else meant to learn if we cant even question things that are on our mind? Sikhi isnt about "blind-faith"... its about "true-realisation".

Guest Guest

Baba Nand Singh Ji Nanaksar Wakey used to say the true Sants make you bow only infront Guru Granth Sahib Ji the Guru of the Gurus.

That the true Sant only joins you with Guru Granth Sahib Ji and not himself.

In some Deras Matha Teking is allowed but not all. But when it comes to Sikh Sants they never tell you to Matha Tek them.

But if the Sangat really has alot of respect what can they do then?

We do Namaskar to our elders and parents as well.

Guest Guest

WJKK WJKF,

just a couple of things to point out about baba ji.

When he does katha now, (this was not the case in the past) but he will do katha in baba ji's tabiyea. I.e. sitting behind Guru Granth Sahib. I havn't seen many that do this.

Another, is that once he has finished doing seva of katha, baba ji will get up, take a bill from the money that has accumulated on stage and give it to the next jatha doing kirtan or katha. The rest is put in guru ji's golak.

Also, I have been in the presence of baba ji many times and have myself witnessed him getting mad at people for touching his feet. Don't judge him by people who insist on doing that even though he has stopped them.

Hearing things from someone is one thing, I would really recommend again that if you get a chance, try to do some sangat of baba ji, you will understand yourself what kind of person he is.

WJKK WJKF

• 3 years later...

As sukhmani sahib states, "BRAHM GIANI AAP PARMESHAR" so why not matha tek......its all about pyaar. If guru Nanak Dev ji can matha tek to a raja who was really sick and came to him for darshan then why cant we as regular human beings bow to a mahapurush?

Its all about kirpa as Guru Nanak Dev ji said to the raja. its upto the guru in what ever way he wants to do kirpa.

hope this helps.

Guest Sevasimransacrifice

The problem about putting up such a post, is that it some way,we are creating a chance to do nindiya of mahapurkhs...

Needless to say, I have met Baba Ji on numerous occassions and he has many times said not to matha tek to him or touch his feet. Alot of sangat from all over come and see him, how many times can one say it?!

It some ways its good this was posted in order for it to clarified and stop any nindiya from occurring.

Generally (and not referring to any present Sants in particular), I think some elements of the sangat elevate even a worthy Sant / Mahapursh to lofty levels - even if the Sant / Mahapursh has told them clearly to stop doing such things. People seem to think the Sant is being falsely modest even though he categorically has stated not to bow to him, etc. People just need to calm themselves and always keep in mind that Guru Granth Sahib Ji is the number 1.