Amritdhari Rituals?!?!

kirpakaro

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

If you take off your kacherra then you have to go to Panj Piare to get pesh. BHut if you take off any of the other four kakkars then you can do ardaas yourself for forgivness.

:nihungsmile:

I thought all the kakaars are equally important... so why dis?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kirpakaro.. I used to have same views as yours.. like Whass up with kachera and kirpan etc.. during isshnann .. BUt u know what helped me understanding it..

JUST ACCEPT THE WAY IT IS.. Don't think, don't be oversmart, just accept the will of panj piyaraess.. Just don't question ! there are some things which can't be answered instead accept the way it is. period.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

awesome brother this is what we must do ^_^^_^^_^ no ifs and buts just do (wich i dont ;):( :wub: ;) :umm: )

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

If you take off your kacherra then you have to go to Panj Piare to get pesh. BHut if you take off any of the other four kakkars then you can do ardaas yourself for forgivness.

ok, now that is the worst thing i've read in a while, and something that causes toooo much confusion among the youth!

if you take off your kakkars, you ask ardas for forgiveness, but that means you make the effort to actually improve yourself!

YOU DON'T GO BACK FOR PESH! YOU DO PESH WHEN YOU COMMIT A KUREHIT! that's soooo the only reasons for pesh... when you cut your hair, when you commit adultery, when you eat meat (or in some instances, if you eat halal meat) and when you drink/smoke. those are the only instances a

t which you're supposed to take pesh.

if your panj tell you otherwise, then that's guru's hukam, but akal takht has stated before and when the original rehit was created that the 4 kurehits exist so that we know when we must do pesh. other than that, we should only be asking forgiveness from guruji.. amrit is not a candy that you should be able to get every weekend... it's something that is sacred and very rare and therefore must be treated with utmost respect. taking your kachhera off is not a kurehit, and thus is not justified in taking pesh.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

ok, now that is the worst thing i've read in a while, and something that causes toooo much confusion among the youth!

if you take off your kakkars, you ask ardas for forgiveness, but that means you make the effort to actually improve yourself!

YOU DON'T GO BACK FOR PESH! YOU DO PESH WHEN

YOU COMMIT A KUREHIT! that's soooo the only reasons for pesh... when you cut your hair, when you commit adultery, when you eat meat (or in some instances, if you eat halal meat) and when you drink/smoke. those are the only instances at which you're supposed to take pesh.

if your panj tell you otherwise, then that's guru's hukam, but akal takht has stated before and when the original rehit was created that the 4 kurehits exist so that we know when we must do pesh. other than that, we should only be asking forgiveness from guruji.. amrit is not a candy that you should be able to get every weekend... it's something that is sacred and very rare and therefore must be treated with utmost respect. taking your kachhera off is not a kurehit, and thus is not justified in taking pesh.

I understand what you are saying and I agree with you but why would the damdamitaksal rehat say

The Kashera is never to leave your body i.e. stepping out of it with both your legs. After doing Ishnaan, one half of the wet Kashera is to be removed from one leg and a dry clean Kashera is to be put on that leg, and similarly for the other leg. If the Kashera does leave the body by accident, then you are to approach "Five Singhs" who will do Ardas for you and give you a punishment. If the Kangha, Kirpan and Kara leave the body you can do an Ardas yourself, but if the Kashera leaves the body only "Five Singhs" can do the Ardas. The Kashera is never to be changed whilst your head is uncovered.

Thanks

Nice posts everyone, I will try to wear the kachara while bathing but how do you keep a kirpan on your head without it falling off? As for pesh, this not something you would go for peshi. The only thing that you go for peshi is if you commit one of the four kurheits not something like this.

Chamkila ji that is taksal maryada not Sikh marayda which is not aligned with any jatha.

Gurfateh Ji

Nice posts everyone, I will try to wear the kachara while bathing but how do you keep a kirpan on your head without it falling off? As for pesh, this not something you would go for peshi. The only thing that you go for peshi is if you commit one of the four kurheits not something like this.

Chamkila ji that is taksal maryada not Sikh marayda which is not aligned with any jatha.

Gurfateh Ji

I hate all these different rehat we should have one.

the kirpan on your head is quite easy I think, all I do is tie the belt that hold my Kirpan (sorry can't spell) cross my keshi, so it look like a cross and then tuck the kirpan in the back and it never falls or any thing.

no offence but i am usually sympathetic to people who have taken amrit when i havent myself but i dont know what your talking about.

i barely do any paath, i havent taken amrit, im pretty much the worst possible example of a sikh, but even i can manage to keep my kachere on and my kirpan on my head when im taking a bath. how long do u stay in the bath? over an hour? if not then its not like its hard. tie a knot in the gatra and put it round ur keski. theres nothing bahman about having all your kakkars on you all the time. they arent like clothes u can take on and off. if u want to take off your kirpan whenever u do a poo, have a bath, or whatever, u might aswell take it off when u sleep aswell.....hell why not just wear it to the gurdwara?

man, im being honest, you should have atleast practised these things before u took amrit. im a bit disappointed ;)

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Although I see that most here are of the opinion that it is important to keep all of the Khakars on at all times, I do see the point of kirpakaro.

Sikhi is about rejecting the ritualistic methods that hindus had maintained in India for so long... but in a way some that take amrit may be keeping their khakkars on all the time... but not know why? For those people, it HAS become a ritual. :e:

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!