Should We Insult Bihari's(from Bihar And Up) In Punjab?

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Every punjabi knows that people from backward states like bihar and uttar pradesh are coming to punjab to earn meal for them and their families...but, on the other hand,,they r also in a sense destroying punjab...creates a lot of nuisense and traffic...speak a lot of bad words and usually have very bad habbits of eating so called "pan" and smoking cigrettes...and thats the reason why we punjabis often insult them and always speak against them...even i m not in favour of biharis...

but what i m thinking is that "isn't it against the teachings given to us by our gurus?" they had taught us to treat everyone as our brothers and sisters...they had taught us not to discriminate anyone on the bases of caste and origin...then why r we doing so...if we look deeply...even most of the punjabis drink bear now..and they also smoke...

what i want to ask u is that do we need to change our behaviour towards biharis..and if no...then wat answer we will give to waheguru when he will asks us about it...and if yes...then should we keep on watching the destuction of punjab...the land of our gurus...?

please tell ur views..

gurfateh ji

o bhayia ji yeh kessa toyea patta hai na langa jatta hai na tappa jatta hai ....

i think little lower then equal .... a punjabi in uk canada can die for his country but can a behari die for punjab ????

Last time I checked, Bihar was still a part of India, and those ppl are just moving within their own country. Unlike us panjabiz, who would do or die to get the hell out of Panjab like there is some kinda plague spreading or something. Its all our fault, when we leave our field alone and houses empty. Every frekking village in Panjab or I should say every family in Panjab has someone "earning meals" either in UK, Canada, US or something. We also need someone to do the stuff back home coz we are just too good for doing our own work... init

and to jassa's comment about punjabiz in UK dying for their country, not everyone will, I know even most europeans wouldn't do that and if there are some punjabiz like that its coz they associate themselves to the new country (thats a really good thing) but aren't interested in moving back. Those poor Biharis are still in their country and might head back when they got some money or something.

So lay off ppl...i think ya'll know what Sikhi teaches in this respect, what to do and what not...

Well once a construction worker(Biharee) made me realized this

W: Do you know all Sikhs are bihaari's

Me: How?

W: Are you all son of Guru Gobind SinghJi?

Me: Yes

W: Do you know where he was born ?

Me: Patna

W: Where is Patna ??

Me: In Bihar. oh!

W: That means he was a Bihari by birth.

So you all his sons and daughter should be considered Bihari's only.

Lol! Another lesson learnt this time from uneducated worker.

Well once a construction worker(Biharee) made me realized this

W: Do you know all Sikhs are bihaari's

Me: How?

W: Are you all son of Guru Gobind SinghJi?

Me: Yes

W: Do you know where he was born ?

Me: Patna

W: Where is Patna ??

Me: In Bihar. oh!

W: That means he was a Bihari by birth.

So you all his sons and daughter should be considered Bihari's only.

Lol! Another lesson learnt this time from uneducated worker.

just as one doesn't become a sikh by birth, one doesn't become a bihari by birth either. rolleyes.gif

its not a matter of saying o you are from bihar so you must be dirty, its just that the biharis that move to punjab are sooooo poor in bihar that their standard of living is VERY low. correct me if i'm wrong but i think bihar is the poorest state in india. hence, their habits aren't what we would call "civilized". really poor people anywhere wont be "civilized" because they simply can't afford it. its the same in punjab, if you goto a jhuggi colony you'll see.

also, sikhs are taught to treat everyone with respect. BUT, if a person comes and start spitting paan on your shoes or starts smoking onto your face, even if they are in a suit, even if they are from canada :@ , even if they are not bihari, they will loose your respect.

dont judge a book by its cover. :umm:

In my opinion we shouldn't reali insult the Bihari's as they are just another group of people...I realise many ppl take the mickey out of them on the basis that they've moved to Punjab and in their opinion the Bihari's are ruining the heritage and culture of Panjab but is that any different from us "panjabi's" moving to the UK or Canada for a better life and more money???

The goreh could probably say the panjabi's have ruined their rich british heritage?

does any1 agree?? or is it jst me again high on semi skimmed milk???