Surrey Bc Vaisakhi News On Cbc

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

What i think is stupid is that these people are running around with logos of Babbar Khalsa and ISYF: both which are considered terrorist organizations in Canada. There is a reason that they have been put there, and it is wrong, as sikhs in Canada, to promote those organizations.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

What i think is stupid is that these people are running around with logos of Babbar Khalsa and ISYF: both which are considered terrorist organizations in Canada. There is a reason that they have been put there, and it is wrong, as sikhs in Canada, to promote those organizations.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Actually... there were no Babbar Khalsa or ISYF logos there. The jackets they showed on the news were worn by Khalsa School (Surrey) Gatka players, and the jacket said "Shastar Ke Adeen Ha Raj", which is a quote from Dasma Granth i beleive, and underneath it said "Baba Ajit Singh Gatka Akhara"...what has that got to do with ISYF or Babbar Khalsa?

I think the media just put a spin on things...although i do think the kids should not be wearing jackets with guns on them, simply because of the negative publicity it brings to Sikhs.

Its about time, people shouldnt contoversial figures as matyrs, and that does not mean slagg them off either just avoid using contoversial figures because lack of clarity. I think we can all somewhat agree sant jarnail singh khalsa bhindranwale was a true sikh leader of sikh panth during the freedom movement, lets just focus on his clean jevani and his ideaology of khalistan during rallies and nagar kirtan. Dont let media to exploit us.

This is some bias reporting......firstly.....two guns crossed over with a khanda = ISYF......even though the writing on the shirt says something else.....trying to make something out of nothing?.....secondly......the report implies "everyone was shocked and appalled to see the float".........I was there and I didn't see anyone complaining or "feeling appalled"......nobody made a big deal......thirdly.......people were saying "finally, we can recognize those Singhs that laid down their lives for Sikhi" and everyone was glad to see the Kavisharee Jatha on the float that told the ithaas our Shaheeds........lastly.......this report is implying that the Surrey Nagar Kirtan is for fundamentalists and extremists......violent people.....and the Vancouver Nagar Kirtan is for peaceful and moderate people.....even though a lot people in Vancouver don't cover their heads and play bhangra music (dance) in the actually parade......smoke weed and drink......get into fights......in Surrey we celebrate the Birth of the Khalsa Panth and pay our respects to all of the great Sikh Warriors........in Vancouver they celebrate Punjabi Culture.......it's more like a Manmukh Mela......

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

VAAHIGURROOO!!

Bhai Sahib! please think before u say things like that...learn more about these amazing Gursikh Jathebandees before u say we shouldnt promote them...