Melas And Nagar Keertans Dont Mix

Golee Maro

Following the recent fighting in Smethwick at a Mela where i also believe one was killed, WHY oh WHY are we still letting this continue? Handsworth Park Mela should have been STOPPED this weekend yet its going ahead. Not only is it going ahead, now there are gangs building up specifically to go and "sort it all out"... they arent going because of Guru Jee's presence, but are going because they want to be there when the trouble (if the trouble) starts. And our so-called Singhs (u know who u r) are backing them up having meetings etc beforehand.

STOP THIS BEADBI.

Take the example from Wolverhampton who used to have two Nagar Keertans every year - one from Sedgley Road Gurdwara and one from Council of Sikh Gurdwaraz whose included a mela on the same day! This year they merged the two so there is only one nagar keertan and a seperate mela two weeks later. I still dont agree that there should be a mela, but its still a lot better than having it on the same day and taking our Guru to a park just so people can prance around.

We all know stuff will happen at Handsworth. Happens every year. Whats even worse is that u got bhangra groups and dj's at these melas like they will have at Handsworth and Wolvez. And people know this true yet the groups and organisations that should be stopping these and have influence wont stop this because they will get their publicity done via stalls or on stage. TALK ABOUT DOUBLE STANDARDS. And one more thing, before you lot come out with the typical line "what have u done?" - trust me, i done enough but these larger "panthic" (sarcasm) organisations are shadowing.

Following the recent fighting in Smethwick at a Mela where i also believe one was killed, WHY oh WHY are we still letting this continue? Handsworth Park Mela should have been STOPPED this weekend yet its going ahead. Not only is it going ahead, now there are gangs building up specifically to go and "sort it all out"... they arent going because of Guru Jee's presence, but are going because they want to be there when the trouble (if the trouble) starts. And our so-called Singhs (u know who u r) are backing them up having meetings etc beforehand.

STOP THIS BEADBI.

Take the example from Wolverhampton who used to have two Nagar Keertans every year - one from Sedgley Road Gurdwara and one from Council of Sikh Gurdwaraz whose included a mela on the same day! This year they merged the two so there is only one nagar keertan and a seperate mela two weeks later. I still dont agree that there should be a mela, but its still a lot better than having it on the same day and taking our Guru to a park just so people can prance around.

We all know stuff will happen at Handsworth. Happens every year. Whats even worse is that u got bhangra groups and dj's at these melas like they will have at Handsworth and Wolvez. And people know this true yet the groups and organisations that should be stopping these and have influence wont stop this because they will get their publicity done via stalls or on stage. TALK ABOUT DOUBLE STANDARDS. And one more thing, before you lot come out with the typical line "what have u done?" - trust me, i done enough but these larger "panthic" (sarcasm) organisations are shadowing.

I'd like to hear who these organisations are? im curious now? grin.gif

The point is, if i mentioned the organisations, no one would take on board what im sayin coz ull think its a thread just to put those organisations down. Those organisations do a fair share for Sikh youth whatever my opinion, so im not going to go down the road to cuss them.

Admin, please dont let this turn into a slagging match about the orgs. Safe.

Beadbi - smoking, drinking, druggies, rubbish, people with uncovered heads, swearing, fighting, flirting, you got people dancing around playing bhangra tracks over Gurbani. You go and put the djs n that on a higher stage than the Guru who goes in a tent which has been hired for functions where theres been meat sharaab... but no, let the Gurdwaras and organisations carry this on because it makes em a bit of money, they get a chance to bum the politicians who come along asking to vote for them for power.............

No ONE was Killed!! thats people trying to cause trouble and stir things up!! and what meeting being held when was this ??

their was a meeting held for the event and stewarding and for other seva like joreeha di seva i think when people ehar the word meeting or something they instantly think its for beating up people or something

The point is, if i mentioned the organisations, no one would take on board what im sayin coz ull think its a thread just to put those organisations down. Those organisations do a fair share for Sikh youth whatever my opinion, so im not going to go down the road to cuss them.

Admin, please dont let this turn into a slagging match about the orgs. Safe.

Im afraid young man you have started this post in order to make it what it has become - you have succeeded.

The use of words and where your post ended is clearly indicative of this.

And again you drop a few indications using words like "Youth" - i know your screaming out to name the organisation, so be a man and scream it out atleast you will sleep at night peacefully?