Need Genuine Helpful Advice

Guest Amandeep Kaur

Guest Amandeep Kaur

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

please help me in this rather deep situation

half my family goes to see smagam in swindon coducted by a bhai sahib every week and half of us dont, we are all amritdhari. Our vichaars do not match and we live together, soon i'l be married but the situation has not helped relations in the past year since the swindon meetings begun.

I have never tried to stop any1 going anywhere not my business, between them and Guru Sahib Ji.

What troubles me:

how can i extract my self and be me, stay focused on my guru, without feeling pressure of going somewhere or having to to what goes on and what happens and so on an on........ it just breaks me spirtualy and doubts about my own path and the hukm given by the panj pyarey i took amrit from. They took amrit at the same time With me, so we should have been able to live a peaceful chardikla relation, this change knocks me whenever i come in to contact with the new news of something happening at swindon.

I really don't want to know, with ALL due respect....

Helpful advice would be appreciated.

Waheguru kirpa karan. Thankyou sangat jio.

Fateh Penji,

I guess ignorance is bliss, and maybe by ignoring and accepting that some of your family go to these meetings but you choose not to yourself, is maybe the best way to go about it, but then again confronting an issue can make it better or worse, i feel i can't give you a satisfactory answer, because i don't know whats the best way to handle it,

I have heard of these meetings as i have relatives in Swindon, but sadly do not know enough about this to provide you with help.

Do ardas for your family, and i hope you will have the shanti that you long for :@ .

All the best penji,

VJKK VJKF

• 1 month later...
Guest _Dass_

Fateh

Can you outline which issues concern you. At the end of the day, Guru, Shri Guru Granth Sahib is the door to Waheguru. Putting a Baba infront of the guru will take you away from the path, this is a fact.

Goto the Gurdwara, do ardas and take a hukamnama. Guru Ji will answer your doubts, this is also a fact.

Fateh

how can i extract my self and be me, stay focused on my guru, without feeling pressure of going somewhere or having to to what goes on and what happens and so on an on.

dude allow EVERYTHING! A night's good sleep beats everything :umm: .. It's hard at first, but just chill.. Try not to think about anything about *them*.. start thinking abt *you* instead.. i know its naughty to think about me me me.. but sometimes we need to..

I dont think i actually helped :umm:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest jeeeee

The only "bhai sahib" i can think of swindon who holds a divaan every week is Bhai Ajit Singh. He is not a baba who we see too many of nowadays, sadly. people dont mathaa tik to him, he doesn't raise money so he can become a rich sant like the pakhandis do nowadays. he just does akath katha for the benifit for anyone wishing to progress in sikhi. he does not cause arguments by talking about external rehits which has caused great divisions in panth. he talks about the rehit of mind and ways to do simran to get an avasthaa. maybe you are talking about some other person? but if you are talking about bhai ajit singh, please tell us what he has preached which goes against the hukum of your punj? if you have doubt why not talk to him directly? he's not going to hit you one is he? if you are greatly troubled and half your family go then as a gursikh be open and check it out. i personally think anyone encouraging someone to do some so much naam simran is wonderful!

even gurbani says jap naam yourself, truly get somewhere (pragash, anhad bani, dasam duar opening and etc), then inspire others to jap naam. there are camps at swindon once or twice a year where sangat end up doing 10 - 20 hours naam simran a day! how can anyone be negative about this?

Guest Amandeep Kaur

Hanji it is Ajit Singh ji

Ive been to the smagam on sunday twice and once in Southall, I dont get nething out of the lecture vichaar but really enjoy the simran, it is too good.

I dont understand some of his akath katha and how rlevant it is, and some things that happen there get me confused before im really about to enjoy the simran, the enjoyment stops when i see things that dont make sense or ive never heard before, and doubts enter.

I feel so chardikla pyar for guru that it stopped a litlle goin swindon and now is 100% without swindon.

I guess differences in people, thats the confusion. people who go swindon only talk, hangout and talkkk about swindon. It makes me wonder their state of mind and brainwashing becomes one view. But nothing that bhai sahib says IS wrong,

Although thats is ALL my bro talks about, Bhai sahib.

if u dnt get bliss from attending those smagams, then try another gurmat related activity, try continous japji sahibs that always seems to workk, or do sewa try something new mool mantars continous maybe until u find the gurmat activity which u feel u attain true blisss from

I understand what you are saying now. the things you see is people at a level going through one of the "tat". i'm not at a high level so i can't really go into it. What you see is when they get attached with the gurshabadh they dont have control over it at the moment. you will have noticed only a few get reactions like that.

after going a few times it was like a wake up call thinking i'm good i do my basics. but this akath katha is telling us no! we need to have a clean mind with an avasthaa. i also know of some people who just talk and talk and get excited like oh bhai sahib this and that. many actually do the hard work of naam simran and get a real avasthaa. as i said you're obviously having doubts and not happy with your brother going and just talking on and on about it and not really getting anywhere himself. you should really have a chat with bhai ajit singh, and he will not be angry at you, he wants you to ask so that he can give advice, as he justs wants to help people unconditionally.

you may have noticed he backs everything up with gurbani and doesnt tell stories to keep sangat entertained. he is serious. dont ask other people, as i really do know a couple who twist and bend this katha to their own views so that they can be happy with themselves.

the punjchor cause doubts and cause these illusions of guru being far away, dont fall for it. these punj want you to be happy where you are, so that you leave this world without progressing on the gurmat path, and i mean real progress in avasthaas. the main thing is if you enjoy the simran, you are not doomed. some people in this world will never like simran and they cant ever get anywhere, sadly.

it is very important to pay attention to the katha as you will understand in more depth how to battle the punj and progress in gurmat levels. the punj will do anything to keep you away from attending divaans with kmayee wale gurmukhs. remember the punj chor have control externally and internally. there is no hope without taking the message of gurbani and doing naam simran and saadh sangat.

if you have any questions, please for your own peace of mind ask ajit singh. reflecting is important, you havent heard anything manmat but as gurbani tells us in this kaljug doubt can destroy us.

i feel upset when i see fellow gursikhs confused about their sikhi. i personally can't stop going as i really need want to meet waheguru and that is really far away until dasvaa duar opens.

anyway heres something that may help, if you talk to a gurmukh on sant/sadhu stage and above your thoughts will either go completly or almsot 100% atleast. look into his eyes and if you dont feel anything, thats fine. then you will know if going to these divaans are for you or not. dont let this chance slip away, atleast try that then if you feel somethin negative then theres nothing left to say or do.

i hope i have been of SOME help atleast. sorry if i have not.

wjkk wjkf