A Question

Guest Narinder Singh

Guest Narinder Singh

A friend once said that when Guru Gobind Singh Ji created the Khalsa Panth by giving Amrit to the Panj Pyare, it is said that after, people took Amrit in the thousands.

How were so many kakkars created in such a small amount of time if only Guru Sahib knew what was going to happen?

Fateh.

interesting question. sadly though, i do not have an answer to it. sorry... blush.gif

A friend once said that when Guru Gobind Singh Ji created the Khalsa Panth by giving Amrit to the Panj Pyare, it is said that after, people took Amrit in the thousands.

How were so many kakkars created in such a small amount of time if only Guru Sahib knew what was going to happen?

Fateh.

Guest Narinder Singh
guru sahib knows everything :@

Right, so since Guru Sahib knows everything, was it he himself who made those thousands upon thousands of kakkars prior to the happening on Vaisakhi day?

Fateh.

The kakkars were introduced way before 1699. During the times of Sri Guru Hargobind Singh Ji Maharaj the martial tradition entered into Sikhism and all Sikhs were ordained to keep shashtar's and bring shastar's as an offering to Guru Sahib. Sikhs obviously at that time kept their kesh combing it with Kanga, and also wore Kachera as this was practical. Sri Guru Har Rai Sahib Ji Maharaj kept an army of 22,000 solders, so Vaisakhi 1699 was already well planned and resourced by Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj.

Guest Narinder Singh
The kakkars were introduced way before 1699. During the times of Sri Guru Hargobind Singh Ji Maharaj the martial tradition entered into Sikhism and all Sikhs were ordained to keep shashtar's and bring shastar's as an offering to Guru Sahib. Sikhs obviously at that time kept their kesh combing it with Kanga, and also wore Kachera as this was practical. Sri Guru Har Rai Sahib Ji Maharaj kept an army of 22,000 solders, so Vaisakhi 1699 was already well planned and resourced by Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj.

I seeeee, so Sikhs wore ALL Panj Kakkars prior to the event on Vaisakhi? And if so was it mandatory to wear them then, or was it made mandatory after Vaisakhi when Guru Gobind Singh Ji created the Khalsa Panth?

Sorry for all the questions, im dumb!

Fateh.

It's like the NBA Finals......... the winners always have shirts that say they're the world champs right after the game............ it's kinda like that...

for a crowd as big as there was, i think guru sahib must have ordered all the kakaars be made before hand

I would have thought people were aware something was going to happen. Guru Maharaj sent out a command that all Sikhs should come with their hair intact. Hair isn't going to suddenly grow so I reckon it was a coupla months between Guru Ji calling all Sikhs and the actual day.

Anyone know how far in advance Guru Ji called for his sangat?

If it was several months, Guru Maharaj could have easily gotten enough kakkars made, and he could have told whoever he got to make them to keep quiet. It's not like a (true) Sikh is going to defy his Guru.

Guest AkhaliTaksaliSingh

First of all, I want to ask YOU a question, WHY do you question your faith? Why not leave it as it is, when you start to question your faith, you are coming under that weight of Kaljug - it makes you doubt your belief and Vaheguru. Try to avoid questioning Maharaj's doings, NO ONE can understand or depict them.

As for your question, I can only give you a answer as close as this:

Bhai Sulakan Singh Jee Taran Taran Wale, said in a Katha once, that after the Panj Pyare were made, Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jee Maharaj took Amrit. The next day, five MORE members of the Sangat came and said to Guru Jee "Maharaj Jee, we also want to become your Khalsa, we also want to give our heads to Akhal Purkh. We ask for forgiveness, since we never got up yesterday when you asked for five Seahs (heads)." Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jee could see that they were in TREMENDOUS regret, and he sat them down and replied 'Why feel in regret? Akhal Purkh KNEW who was going to stand up and give their Seahs (heads). If Vaheguru wanted to He could have had eleven Sangat members get up and give their Seahs (heads), but Maharaj ONLY wanted five.'

Hearing this, the five members of the Sangat, asked to join the Khalsa and become children of our Dasme'h Pitha. They took Amrit. More Sangat members came, then more, and so on.

What I'm trying to say is, it doesn't matter where they got the Five Kakaar's from for the rest of the Sangat. If my Kaligeethar Pitha Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jee Maharaj can seperate 5 Singh's Seahs from their body's and have them stand just by saying 'Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Ke Fateh', what is a problem like that infront of them?

:e: