Interest(biaaj)

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh

some1 asked me if gursikhs are allowed to do money lending ie to make money when some1 takes money from u. Example:

Some1 comes to me n says he needs $1000..i'd give him tat money plus he pays me monthly $100 or so depending on the interest(some charge 20%) till he pays me a lump sum of $1000

i remembering hearing from some1 long ago tat bIAwj is not allowed in sikhi but i need the exact reference. i checked with an elder singh he said its clearly stated in mukatnama but he cant remember the panghteeea

does any1 hav a sofy copy mukatnama or any info on these bIAwj thingy?

thanking in advance

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh

Good topic!

I think the punj pyaare say something along the lines of taking more than you deserve is haraam, even in Islam they don't take more than what they work for like interest, hoping someone can provide some reference to bani or rehatname. But as far as I know the punj pyaare say its haraam to take more, makes me think, do I really have to shut down my money master bank account? :sady:

bhai sahib if im not mistaken Islam allows interest...i remember sitting in one of the Islam religion class back in school n the teacher said its nothing wrong to do so...its perfectly fine

if you give lend money to someone, take only that amount back, nothing more. that means you shouldn't charge interest on them.

vice versa works the same way, if you borrow money, make sure you return every penny, and if the person is charging you interest, you should give that happily too :@

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

bhai harwinder singh ji....

i found this in book called Life and Ideals of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji by S.S. Kohli

hope it helps :@

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

Litsen, O GurSikh!

Do not borrow, but if forced by circumstances you have to borrow, return the debt faithfully.

Make thy spouse comfortable and remain a good citizen.

Never tell lies,nor litsen to them nor be fascinated towards them.

Always practice Truth and remain in the company of the Truthful people and act Truthfully in the profession adopted by you.

Do not eat the leavings of others. Share thy meal with others but do not eat when your head is not covered.

While taking meal, repeat the Name of the Lord, Waheguru.

Do not see a naked woman, nor keep her form in your memory.

Do not touch another's wealth and keep away from evil company.

Do not eat any meat.

Do not fall a prey to corrupt practices and lead a noble life.

Take a bath in cold fresh water in the early hours of the morning.

Do not keep thy body naked while asleep.

Remember the Name of the Lord, Waheguru.

Take the pahul (nectar) of the Guru and act according to the dictates of Guru Granth Sahib.

Marry a daughter in the house of a Sikh.

Keep thy spouse and children out of the company of evil-minded persons and while doing odd jobs of the house,

recite the mantra of the Guru.

Do not accept any other offering of worship except the Karaha Prasad. Only accept the offering being distributed by the sewadar.

The sewadar should distribute the offering equally among the Sikhs present in the congregation. Whosoever violates this shall be punished.

The Sikh shall receive the offerings without leaving their seat......

Keep one tenth of thy earnings for the Guru and use the remaining for yourself and your family.

Do not weep on the death of a relative but recite Anand and distribute Karaha Prasad in the congregation.

Keep thy hair, the seal of the Guru, intact on thy body.

Do not worship the stone (idol) and do not follow the falsehood of varna (caste) and ashrama (the stages of life).

-Mukat-Nama

sorry bhai sahib..wish i did....but i think i know where you can find it....i checked the bibliography of this book and saw that the author used book called

Rahat Nama (Patiala 1974), by Piara Singh Padam as a source....

i know singh brothers publishes a compilation of Rahat Namay by Dr. Ganda Singh....you might find the gurmukhi in there as well....

hope that helps a little :@

• 13 years later...
On 4/25/2007 at 6:52 PM, harwinder84 said:

thanks a lot bhai sahib

wud u have it in gurmukhi?

On 4/24/2007 at 6:55 PM, harwinder84 said:

bhai sahib if im not mistaken Islam allows interest...i remember sitting in one of the Islam religion class back in school n the teacher said its nothing wrong to do so...its perfectly fine

Greetings from a Muslim Friend to All. Hope all of you are doing good. Hello brother Harwinder84. Hope you are doing great too ?

If you may allow me I just wanted to correct you that in Islam charging Interest on Loan is Haram (forbidden) and is a big sin. 

Allah has clearly mention in his book The Quran that such an act is sinful. 

Reference of The Quran 

surah Baqara Chapter 2 verse 278

O you who have believed, fear Allah and give up what remains [due to you] of interest, if you should be believers.

3B0C3A29-94C9-4B8D-B70B-443EB2E1B7FF.jpeg