Gursikhs and Love-Marriage

NaamWarrior

khalistani veer: amazing... if you can keep yourself like that, then you know what, good on you! what a gursikh! but not everyone can, and as s1ngh said, kaam is there, you can't ignore it, only control it.. that's what we're told.. we're told to CONTROL it, not IGNORE it! on that not, PURELY AS A QUESTION, NOT AS AN EXCUSE does control mean allow in moderation??? or don't let it happen at all?? but my point for you veer, is that if you can doit like that, then amazing.. but otherwise, i think s1ngh hit it on the dumalla.... control is key, not ignoring... we'll end up ignoring the world and living sheltered lives if we do that.

BUT the word control suddenly raised an issue for me... does control mean: allow in moderation? or does it mean understand it's threre and don't let it happen?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think I have said anything on this topic. But you can bet I agree with my pyara veer khalistani.

but you know what? if you wanna date, go right ahead. While you are at it, become an athiest too.

Ive been there, done that, so have my friends.

Then you will learn your lesson about how much pain it is. You will learn how screwed up your life can get. You will learn the real meaning of attachment and lust.

Your mind will be obsessed about a person all day every day. You will not be able to think straight. You will fail school/get fired from your job. You will waste all your money. Waste all your time.

This is the obsession dating brings.

But dont take my word for it, go try it yourself.

Then you will see how true gurmat is and how lucky you are to have it.

And no, im not being sarcastic.

bottem line, dating is against sikhi

moorakh mugadh, how is someone to know he is going to marry her if he wasn't gone out with her. unless the person is judging by whats on the outside (looks), and isn't that also wrong.

dating is wrong,

sorry all you love birds

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

this is sure gill veer seeing parai naar is a sin BUT when we want to marry a bibi without seeing u cant blind folded (eg its not a lottery ticket) when u see the pic u approve by looks now what u know what she has inside her heart abt rehat we cant keep quite saying well see after marrige we must talk and meet so veer when ur intesion is not wrong then no prob in meeting.

dating= meeting and knowing each other noting like wrong intension jee myy 0 percent ;)

ok i think the whole "dating" thing is what is really ticking off a lot of people, my post has nothing to do with "dating" it is more along the lines of what moorakh mugadh is saying, i am not instigating going out and kissing and all that stuff in the western sense, ok im gonna get away from all the philosophical stuff and say it straight now, im talking about falling in love with someone and knowing they are the one for you, you know how I knew I loved the girl I am going to marry, because for five years we spoke about everything but sex, we had so much fun just being an innocent couple, we had so many things to laugh about and argue about that Kaam never came up, at least not in our lives or our conversations, I really knew I loved her because she gave me that feeling inside of warmth and innocence, a special bond, a bond that I guess u only can feel when your in "love", I didn't want to get too personal but some people are just making all love seem so dirty and it is sad because we have this stereotype that girls nad guys just hang out to have sex, I'm sorry people but newsflash there are still people in this world that think otherwise, i hate to be blunt but it is the truth. And no I am not starting this to confess my "sins" because love is not a sin, Waaheguru always has and always will side with true love, Sikhi is so beautiful and special, many people think this topic is about changing Sikhi, no it is not, this is a subject and matter that is happening in all faiths such as Islam and Hinduism, I am a Sikh so that is why I am bringing it up with my fellow Sikhs, bringing this topic up does not in any way make it an attempt to "change" or "modify" Sikhi. We are a

ll assuming that there is no way a boy and a girl can purely love each other....For five years we have waited to finish our degrees, I have completed my engineering degree and am working at a big company as an engineer, she has finished her degree and is working at a bid pharmaceutical company, if we were so driven by KAAM we would have dropped everything and just fulfilled our "dirty desires" but no that was not the case because we were not driven by KAAM...I understand where many people are coming from, I hear and read many stories about Gianis in Gurdwaras doing gand and stuff with girls, our community is still stuck in a time warp where we think girls and guys should be separated,

you have to be very insecure of yourself if you think KAAM is going to be present wherever there are girls and guys together......I definitely agree that there is a lot of gand in the world, there is a lot of gand in the Sikh community as well, just look at every single Sikh politician in India, there is gand in "dating"....but my friends there is also honest and true people in the world, many people think this is a topic about justifying multiple <admin-profanity filter activated> partners before marriage, NO!! I started this post out by saying one can only love one, there is nobody out there who has fallen in love and married that person, i need some backup please....forgive this manmukh for any wrong thoughts.... blush.gif