Paranoid

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

thanks for the replies everyone im the thread maker.

this is kind of a lond story. but due to living with someone i wasnt talking to it kind of made me into a bitter person. becuase i avoided looking at the person. i got use to it. now when i go out i wont even for split second look at someone.

i dont know what it is but when someone looks at me i get very angry and annoyed. i think to myself why are you looking at me. im male and i do get quite alot of girls looking at me. not to sound big headed. but i really dont like it when people look at me.

even girls. i feel like telling them to get lost.

it just feels like sometimes the whole world is against me. i just want to walk down the street without these people constantly looking at me.

waheguru ji ka khalsa wahe guru ji ki fateh

i think this So relates to a lot of us sikh especially keski/distaar wearers.

i think best advice, im sure not one who follows this, Because it used to get me extremely paranoid where id stop talking to people thinking they hate me,

1) look at them and smile, If they dont like you much, turn away, forget bout it

2) dont think they hate you, tryna focus on God in all and that...........if we possibly can, i know i cant

3) they may have so many questions and dont know how to react to your appearance, It is rude of them to stare, and it does make so many of us uncomfortable, if you can say waheguru in your mind a few times, breathe deeply and distract yourself wit something else.

good luck

on my way to and from college i walk through a christian cemetary. At first the reverend at the Church used to give me funny looks, but as I was passing by him one morning I simply said, 'good morning reverend and smiled :@ ' ever since then the reverend always greets me warmly and once in a while he'll ask a question about sikhism...i am a dastaar wearing girl. Amazingly its usually the elderly people on the street who are warmer towards me (probably cos they fought in war alongside sikhs), middle aged people are quite cold and the younger people are curious. But I find that when you smile it makes all the difference and like a previous poster has said, people dont hate you cos they stare...its usually curiosity etc.

Guest Guest

hi im the thread maker i dont wear a dastaar myself so its nothing to do with that.

thanks for everyones replies. its helped me alot.