Facial Hair

Guest concerened

Wahe Guru ji ka Khalsa Wahe Guru ji KI Fateh

I agree with Everyone in this topic, why?

To each His own and his relationship with Maharaj ji, Each thinks hE/She is wiser but wiser still is our Guru, Let him judge those that are deluded or whatever they going through

pray for peace in His/Her self and that one day power to face this harsh world will come on the outer self too

that we spend less time discussing some ones faults and more time......Japping

So Satgur Pyara Mere Naal Ha

Waheguru ji ka kahlsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh

Guest Gupt Singhni

REHAT

dwVHw muC isr kys bnweI ] hY ieh idRVH ijh pRBU rzweI ] myt rzweI ju sIs muMfwvY ] khu qy jg kYsy hir pwvY ]80]

dhaarrhaa mushh sir kaes banaaee || hai eih dhrirrh jih prabhoo razaaee || maett razaaee j sees mu(n)ddaavai || kahu thae jag kaisae har paavai ||80||

The hair moustache and beard are created within God's order. How can those who violate their natural form by cutting their hair ever be accepted by the Lord?.

Rehatnama Bhai Desa Singh

I thought women were not supposed to be hairy because of less testosterone.

Guest Guest

I am not quite sure why these types of topics drag out so far but for clarification let me state that from a medical point of view, it is perfectly normal for women to have some facial hair. Women are NOT naturally hairless and whilst very excessive facial hair (for example if you have a full grown beard under your chin which mirrors the growth pattern of a male) PCOS or other conditions may be indicated, otherwise some facial hair is normal.

Much of facial hair growth comes down to genetics, naturally some races are virtually hairless (for example Native American) whilst other races are more hairy (South Asian/Indian for example). There is no form of permanent hair removal so if someone decides to do a Kurehat then this will have to become a routine action, there is currently no form of permanent hair removal whether waxing, shaving, using laser, electrolysis treatment etc, so if hair is removed it will come back whether a few days, weeks, months or possibly year down the line.

It should be appreciated that it is very difficult for Singhnia since what is accepted as natural from a bodily viewpoint (some facial hair) is not accepted as normal within society, whether this is westernized white culture or even within the Amritdhari community, nevertheless it is something each person needs to come to terms with and accept it as part of their own Karams and Guru Ji's Bhana. Intentional hair removal most certainly is a Bujjar Kurehat no matter where it is from or what the method is.

Guest Gupt Singhni
I thought women were not supposed to be hairy because of less testosterone.

You'd be suprised but sone females can grow the same amount of a man can grow. This is caused by Hirsutism which causes excess facial and body hair growth. Women with hirsutism have an increased production rate of one or several male hormones. Men can also produce small quantities of female hormones.

This may sound stupid but do sikh women who keep their hair have also facial hair?

Guest Gupt Singhni
This may sound stupid but do sikh women who keep their hair have also facial hair?

I have seen many sikh women who keep their facial hair.

Guest Guest
o yeh i forgot, sikhi is all about just keeping your hair eh grin.gif

this tuk fits very well in this situation

kbIr pRIiq iek isau kIey Awn duibDw jwie ]

kabeer preeth eik sio keeeae aan dhubidhhaa jaae ||

Kabeer, when you are in love with the One Lord, [only then] duality and alienation depart.

BwvY lWby kys kru BwvY Grir mufwie ]25]

bhaavai laa(n)bae kaes kar bhaavai gharar muddaae ||25||

[otherwise,]You may have long hair, or you may shave your head bald. [duality will not be resolved] ||25||

another way to look at is, that without preeth for waheguru, hair is nothing, they mean nothing. without preeth if someone is keeping hair then its nothing more than a ritual. obviously the bibi is lacking preeth right now. so we should actully be trying to build pyaar inside of her first, then she'll automatically realize the value of kesh. if you go ahead and tell her o ur thinking is wrong, u'll goto hell for doing this etc..... (trust me, i've heard those things) it wont have any affect on her. dont scare her man rolleyes.gif

u know what, i thought i'd try to be polite, but dont think thats gonna work. so lemme take off my jutti.

she needs pyaar rite now. its hard to keep ones hair when one is constantly being judged on its basis, even by our own :@ and yes i have seen that as well. even at gurudwara its these guys/bibia (esp. bibia) that do chuglia of such people. "o look at her, she looks like a guy" and crap like that. :umm: and obviously she gets that outside (at work, school etc) and DONT judge the bibi :<Edited>: uney dujia nu rah dusdey phirdey aaa .

for those who like to bring up the example of guru vs society, have you ever thought that maybe just MAYBE she isn't strong enough rite now. maybe just MAYBE she needs to concentrate on reading bani and doing sangat. BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, i have NEVER EVER heard anyone say that to a bibi. its all about "oooooo when you gonna tie a dastaar" OR "when you gonna stop cutting your hair" nonono.gif wat about "when you gonna start a sehaj paath" or "when you gonna start doing simran daily" or "when you gonna wakeup at amritvela, we can help each other wake up"

bani to bina , bana phakhand hai. its these "youth" that are all gung ho about bana and sadly tend to not pay too much attention to the bani aspect. for 9 jamey, guru sahib showed us what we need to be on the inside, only then in the 10th jama was the outside saroop given, these days things seem to go in the opposite direction.

I completely agree. For those of you who think she shoud just accept hukam just like that... well im afraid u have no idea what she is going through.... imagine bein stared at for your whole life... imagine how she is going to get discriminated... try and put your self in her shoes FOR CRYIN OUT LOUD and maybe just give her encouragement... i agree the youth are stupid think they know everything SO DONT JUDGE HER, u also have no place to judge her for those of you who havent been in this way hopefully guru will do kirpa here. just a small reminder the bibi who started the thread is asking for medical reasons for the facial hair

I have seen many sikh women who keep their facial hair.

why? i thought women were only supposed to keep hair on their heads..............(sorry if it sounds stupid, cant learn without asking questions).