Why? Why? Why? Why? Why?

Guest Narinder Singh

Being a "singh" isnt about fighting and acting like a badass, so please dont mix these gangster "singhs" with the chardi kala singhs that Guru Gobind Singh Ji created.

I think the people you say are protecting sikhi need to do a better job protecting their own sikhi (hint hint).

If a person is not brave enough to keep their hair, take amrit and live according to sikh rehit, THEN THEY SHOULDNT BE CALLED A SINGH (of Guru Sahib), there's a fine line between bravery and ego, keep that in mind veerji. Not having an ounce of hatred or ego in ones heart when being scalped alive is true bravery.

Fateh.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being a "singh" isnt about fighting and acting like a badass, so please dont mix these gangster "singhs" with the chardi kala singhs that Guru Gobind Singh Ji created.

Fighting is part of being a "singh". If you can't fight, then why should you be called a "singh"?

I think the people you say are protecting sikhi need to do a better job protecting their own sikhi (hint hint).

If a person is not brave enough to keep their hair, take amrit and live according to sikh rehit, THEN THEY SHOULDNT BE CALLED A SINGH (of Guru Sahib), there's a fine line between bravery and ego, keep that in mind veerji. Not having an ounce of hatred or ego in ones heart when being scalped alive is true bravery.

Fateh.

Keeping uncut hair makes you brave? :@

There are a lot of reasons why monay cut their hair. I can't speak for all monay, but I personally don't keep my hair because I am still learning about the sikh religion. Once I have enough knowledge about Sikhi, then I will decide if I should keep my hair or not. If I decide not to keep my hair then I prolly end up converting to Christianity or maybe Islam since I don't see the point of claiming to be part of sikh community especially when "singhs" and "singhnis" look down on you and don't consider you as a sikh.

Guest Papi
I dont want to obey guru's order because i will end up in a jathabanide like all wannabe sikhs. Also if i am pure from inside thats all i need. I dont need anymore thatn that.

The reason for why i do parchaar of sikhie is to let everyone know that u must be pure on inside, and the rest does not matter. I hope people suport me on this.

yeh then i guess guru gobind singh jee was outta his mind when he asked for amrit rolleyes.gif

dont label all singhs/singhia into one bad group. you dont see me labelling all money as drunks do you rolleyes.gif

there are plenty of really good loving people out there, both amritdhair and money :TH:

Fighting is part of being a "singh". If you can't fight, then why should you be called a "singh"?
yes but its mostly fighting on the inside :@ outside fighting is not needed much these days

Guest Narinder Singh

Singhs defend righteousness and uphold the truth, they dont "fight", cut back on the Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat, :@ just kidding veereh!

The hardest battle is against our five thieves, that continually attack us, external battles are a piece of cake for those who have defeated and conquered the five.

Keeping uncut hair makes you brave? :umm:

Yup, if one can keep his/her hair uncut amongst the masses who cut their hair, that is a form a bravery and defiance. If one keeps strict rehit amongsts those who drink, smoke, lie, cheat, decieve or sleep with random women, thats a form of bravery. If one can give his/her head to their Guru with no questions asked, that person is brave in my book.

There are a lot of reasons why monay cut their hair. I can't speak for all monay, but I personally don't keep my hair because I am still learning about the sikh religion. Once I have enough knowledge about Sikhi, then I will decide if I should keep my hair or not. If I decide not to keep my hair then I prolly end up converting to Christianity or maybe Islam since I don't see the point of claiming to be part of sikh community especially when "singhs" and "singhnis" look down on you and don't consider you as a sikh.

Sure there are a lot of reasons why monay cut their hair and continue to call themselves sikhs, just as drugs addicts have a lot of reasons as to why they continue to take drugs, yet claim to be sober. :e: A Sikh is clearly defined in the Sikh Rehit Maryada, so even if i do keep my hair, but have not taken amrit, im not a sikh according to the Guru Panth.

It's not about what people tell you who you are, its about what your Guru tells you, he says "rehit pyari mujkho, sikh pyara naahi" (the discipline of a sikh is what i love, i do not love the sikh), but Guru Sahib also says that if you take one step towards him, he'll take a hundred towards you.

Its cool that youre learning about sikhi (although learning never ends), but you need to understand why some amritdhari or those that keep sikhi saroop would be offended by your lumping together of all gursikhs. Sure there are a handful of so called sikhs who look down on others who dont keep sikhi saroop, but thats the image youve continously painted of all saroop vale sikhs, which is not correct.

I apologize if ive spoken harshly,

Fateh.

Punjabi link jee,

I would advise you to change your sangat. You have many misconceptions on what sikhi is about. Firstly, a sikh is a disciple (gursikh = sikh of THE guru) which requires us (through our own choice) to follow our guru's hukum and rehit. Secondly a sikh is a learner. Speaking from experience, as you find it difficult to relate, I was once at your stage and trust me, the true LEARNING does not begin until you have declared the ultimate truth and stepped on this path. I understood once I took amrit that through guru ji's kirpa I began to understand much more about this game of love once I had the thirst for amrit quenched. I stongly believe, if I hadnt given my mind, BODY and soul to Him, those things would have never had clicked. I believe I still would be roaming around like a stray dog. When you give EVERYTHING to your guru (which includes your roop) you are still that same dog but you no longer are a stray. Guru makes us His and puts a leash around our necks and we have a owner that we love and cherish. We as dogs would never forsake our owner, our sustainer, so when when other people do- I admit it does annoy me a little. But that being said, I cannot argue with fools (sorry). Now coming to your point about 'Singhs are fighters'.. Singhs are 'fighters' to some extent BUT the important distinction between 'fighters' and Khalsa is that Khalsa only fight for TRUTH whereas general fighters fight in order to gain for themselves. The only true battle that exists for Singhs and Singhnia is the battle from the 5 thieves in our minds that loot us every single second of every single day.

Please do not critisise anyone because the filth is only buliding in your own mouth. Take some time out and discover yourself.

Sorry if I have said anything wrong and offended anyone.

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa Vaheguru ji ki fateh

Singhs defend righteousness and uphold the truth, they dont "fight", cut back on the Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat, :@ just kidding veereh!

The hardest battle is against our five thieves, that continually attack us, external battles are a piece of cake for those who have defeated and conquered the five.

Where were the singhs at when muslim extremists were stealing their women?

How come so many singhs in Canada ask for Punjabi Mafia for protection instead of fighting their own battles?

Point is that these singhs didn't step up when their identity and women were being attacked. So why should I called them singhs? If anything, I should call them cowards or “p-u-s-s-y cat”

Yup, if one can keep his/her hair uncut amongst the masses who cut their hair, that is a form a bravery and defiance. If one keeps strict rehit amongsts those who drink, smoke, lie, cheat, decieve or sleep with random women, thats a form of bravery. If one can give his/her head to their Guru with no questions asked, that person is brave in my book.

I guess we both got our own definition on what it means to be brave.

Sure there are a lot of reasons why monay cut their hair and continue to call themselves sikhs, just as drugs addicts have a lot of reasons as to why they continue to take drugs, yet claim to be sober. :e: A Sikh is clearly defined in the Sikh Rehit Maryada, so even if i do keep my hair, but have not taken amrit, im not a sikh according to the Guru Panth.

It's not about what people tell you who you are, its about what your Guru tells you, he says "rehit pyari mujkho, sikh pyara naahi" (the discipline of a sikh is what i love, i do not love the sikh), but Guru Sahib also says that if you take one step towards him, he'll take a hundred towards you.

Sikh Rehat Maryada:

Definition of Sikh:

A Sikh is defined as any person male or female who faithfully:

* i. believes in the existence of One eternal God

* ii. Accepts as their only Spiritual guide as the Guru Granth Sahib and the ten human Gurus and follows their teachings

* iii. Is preparing to take the baptism Amrit Sanchar as promoted by the tenth Guru, and

* iv. does not owe allegiance to any other religion.

So this means that if any person who believes in one god, ten gurus, guru granth sahib ji, working his/her way of taking amrit and does not owe allegiance to any other religion is a Sikh. So a non-amritdhari can be classified as a Sikh as well. :umm:

Its cool that youre learning about sikhi (although learning never ends), but you need to understand why some amritdhari or those that keep sikhi saroop would be offended by your lumping together of all gursikhs. Sure there are a handful of so called sikhs who look down on others who dont keep sikhi saroop, but thats the image youve continously painted of all saroop vale sikhs, which is not correct.

All the amritdharis and keshdharis I have met are nothing but backstabbers. When things get tough, they ask people like myself to help them, but when things get good, these people ditch us (monay) and start looking down on us. So of course I am going to speak up against these people and consider them all the same.

Punjabi link jee,

I would advise you to change your sangat. You have many misconceptions on what sikhi is about. Firstly, a sikh is a disciple (gursikh = sikh of THE guru) which requires us (through our own choice) to follow our guru's hukum and rehit. Secondly a sikh is a learner. Speaking from experience, as you find it difficult to relate, I was once at your stage and trust me, the true LEARNING does not begin until you have declared the ultimate truth and stepped on this path. I understood once I took amrit that through guru ji's kirpa I began to understand much more about this game of love once I had the thirst for amrit quenched. I stongly believe, if I hadnt given my mind, BODY and soul to Him, those things would have never had clicked. I believe I still would be roaming around like a stray dog. When you give EVERYTHING to your guru (which includes your roop) you are still that same dog but you no longer are a stray. Guru makes us His and puts a leash around our necks and we have a owner that we love and cherish. We as dogs would never forsake our owner, our sustainer, so when when other people do- I admit it does annoy me a little. But that being said, I cannot argue with fools (sorry). Now coming to your point about 'Singhs are fighters'.. Singhs are 'fighters' to some extent BUT the important distinction between 'fighters' and Khalsa is that Khalsa only fight for TRUTH whereas general fighters fight in order to gain for themselves. The only true battle that exists for Singhs and Singhnia is the battle from the 5 thieves in our minds that loot us every single second of every single day.

Please do not critisise anyone because the filth is only buliding in your own mouth. Take some time out and discover yourself.

Sorry if I have said anything wrong and offended anyone.

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa Vaheguru ji ki fateh

If anybody is a fool here, it is you. Did you even bother all the posts here before reading my posts? My posts were nowhere as offensive than some of the posts that your fellow brothers and sisters made about monay in this thread.

I only criticize people who dissed me. I never said I was better than them or anything like that.

Read my last post (the post top of this post) for rest of the things I have to say about your comments.

Guest Narinder Singh

These "singhs" that youre talking <admin-profanity filter activated> about have been battling muslim fanaticism and any other sort of fanaticism for the last 500 years buddy, we were just born yesterday. And sikh women have had no problem defending their own honor. Its your "punjabi" and "sikhi is inside me" girls that cant defend themselves.

How come so many singhs in Canada ask for Punjabi Mafia for protection instead of fighting their own battles?

Point is that these singhs didn't step up when their identity and women were being attacked. So why should I called them singhs? If anything, I should call them cowards or “p-u-s-s-y cat”

I know nothing of this sort and its actually quite irrelevant to the topic at hand. I'll say tomorrow that a mona start doing bhangra in the diwan hall at gurdwara, would u buy it? Probably not.

All the amritdharis and keshdharis I have met are nothing but backstabbers. When things get tough, they ask people like myself to help them, but when things get good, these people ditch us (monay) and start looking down on us. So of course I am going to speak up against these people and consider them all the same.

You need a dose of your own medicine. You dont want amritdharis to generalize by saying all monay are bad yet you think its perfectly fine for your to say all amritdharis are bad.

And from your arrogance and lack of respect for others, you're clearly not here to learn anything. I tried understanding where u were coming from and what it is that upset you, but youve just thrown around insults and generalizations, so im done.

Sikh Rehat Maryada:

Definition of Sikh:

* ii. Accepts as their only Spiritual guide as the Guru Granth Sahib and the ten human Gurus and follows their teachings

* iii. Is preparing to take the baptism Amrit Sanchar as promoted by the tenth Guru, and

So this means that if any person who believes in one god, ten gurus, guru granth sahib ji, working his/her way of taking amrit and does not owe allegiance to any other religion is a Sikh. So a non-amritdhari can be classified as a Sikh as well. laugh.gif

Oh and one more thing, sikhs dont go by the "sikhiwiki" version of the rehit maryada, (which is modified and distorted). Sikhs go by the SGPC rehit maryada which is accepted by the Sikh commonwealth. Below is the REAL definition of a Sikh.

The Definition of Sikh :

Article I

Any human being who faithfully believes in

i. One Immortal Being,

ii. Ten Gurus, from Guru Nanak Sahib to Guru Gobind Singh Sahib,

iii. The Guru Granth Sahib,

iv. The utterances and teachings of the ten Gurus and

v. the baptism bequeathed by the tenth Guru, and who does not owe allegiance to any other religion, is a Sikh

http://www.sgpc.net/rehat_maryada/section_one.html

Fateh.

You need a dose of your own medicine. You dont want amritdharis to generalize by saying all monay are bad yet you think its perfectly fine for your to say all amritdharis are bad.

And from your arrogance and lack of respect for others, you're clearly not here to learn anything. I tried understanding where u were coming from and what it is that upset you, but youve just thrown around insults and hatred, so im done.

Oh and one more thing, sikhs dont go by the "sikhiwiki" version of the rehit maryada (modified and distorted). Sikhs go by the SGPC rehit maryada which is accepted by the Sikh commonwealth. Below is the REAL definition of a Sikh.

The Definition of Sikh :

Article I

i. One Immortal Being,

v. the baptism bequeathed by the tenth Guru, and who does not owe allegiance to any other religion, is a Sikh

Fateh.

:@

Read the first sentence of rehit again.

So anybody who believes those things is a sikh.

When did I mention about I don't want amritdharis and keshdharis to generalize?

These "singhs" that youre talking <admin-profanity filter activated> about have been battling muslim fanaticism and any other sort of fanaticism for the last 500 years buddy, we were just born yesterday. And sikh women have had no problem defending their own honor. Its your "punjabi" and "sikhi is inside me" girls that cant defend themselves.

I know nothing of this sort and its actually quite irrelevant to the topic at hand. I'll say tomorrow that a mona start doing bhangra in the diwan hall at gurdwara, would u buy it? Probably not.

And from your arrogance and lack of respect for others, you're clearly not here to learn anything. I tried understanding where u were coming from and what it is that upset you, but youve just thrown around insults and generalizations, so im done.

Sikh Rehat Maryada:

Definition of Sikh:

So this means that if any person who believes in one god, ten gurus, guru granth sahib ji, working his/her way of taking amrit and does not owe allegiance to any other religion is a Sikh. So a non-amritdhari can be classified as a Sikh as well. laugh.gif

Oh and one more thing, sikhs dont go by the "sikhiwiki" version of the rehit maryada, (which is modified and distorted). Sikhs go by the SGPC rehit maryada which is accepted by the Sikh commonwealth. Below is the REAL definition of a Sikh.

The Definition of Sikh :

Article I

i. One Immortal Being,

Fateh.

Guru Gobind SIngh Ji taught and told us to keep our hair and take amrit - if you do not follow Guru Ji's teachings you aren't a sikh - so stop with the excuses- if you 'faithfully believe' in Guru Ji's teachings it stands to reason that you'll follow them. So sick of hearing people generalise- I dunno who peeved you off Punjabi Link pahji but there are thousands of Sikhs who arent BORN Amritdhari and are perfectly nice people who are ready and willing to fight for righteous reasons but dont have the opportunity. And when you fight things it dont have to be physically - i know tonnes of people who are fighting forced conversions etc non- violently cos beating up a muslim guy doesnt usually change things in the big picture. People always have excuses when they do bad things - my dad says the same thing as you - 'pure on the inside' and whatever...it all comes down to the fact that moneh are too worried about what other people think of them, and are afraid to stand out from the crowds. However there are plenty of moneh gearing up to take amrit and/or are beginning to grow their kes. I'm not saying everyone is the same- so if I've offended anyone,

Bhull Chukk Maaf Karna