Why? Why? Why? Why? Why?

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh sangat jeeo

The concern of today is why are we mona looked down upon in sikhie.

All amrit dharies of today think they are better than monai and think they have more rights than us.

I ask you this we mona singhs are not prepered to stand for this stupidness.

My pholosiphy in life is ''maan saaf rhoop saaf'' Which means if your mind is clear and good then you yourself are perfect. I as a Mona singh think that keskis is a kakkar becasue i never keep a keski away from my monaey kesh. I think that keski is a kakkar because i feel it reflets discipline, i do not want to take amrit because i feel again that your maan must be saaf then your have a clear rhoop. But keski for any mona must be important. I also feel we should do parchaar of sikhie at all times becasue we too are the khalsa and we deserve a right to say things sotechnicly we can do parchaar of sikhie at anytime we want to without amrit dharies telling us not to. PLease singhs do not call us a mona call all the mona's you see as singh becasue we are fed up of being looked down upon.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

if you cant be prepared to be a singh then why should they call you a singh. Guru Gobind Singh ji didnt need singhs, he needed rehit, out of the thousands and thousands who gathered at anandpur sahib only 5 came forward as singhs to give their head. The Guru made the rehit so that we stay in HIS roop, that means living in the way god made us.

It is a harsh reality and i was also in your position once......but if singhs sacrificed themselves for the panth, and singhs attained shaheedi when the muslims told them to convert by cutting their hair off, singhs had the heads scalped just to preserve the most important sikh identity, then we do injustice to cut our hair and call ourselves sikh........... you can be a sikh, and learn and follow the path of sikhi, but you cannot be a singh until you put the sikhi into practice, the step of keeping kesh and wearing dastar is a big one and is really a big anchor point in you live............you cannot please the guru by having your hair cut, nor can you attain salvation;........

as for the singhs, they should always be humble and have nimrita and show love and example to others

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also

even if a mona does nitnem and simran and lots and lots of seva and is really kind, the second they get their hair cut, the lose all the kamai,

its like building a house, you build the foundations, the walls, the roof, ie.... you do seva and simran, and work hard to attain that kamai, but as soon as you cut your hair or if you a singh and you do nindiya or bad deeds and think ill of others then your house is knocked down, and your back to where you were.........we need to understand the essence of what sikhi is......it is a way of living, how to live, and what things to do everythin is told to us, we have rehits to keep us in the right track............ life isnt about 'looking good'

I dont want to obey guru's order because i will end up in a jathabanide like all wannabe sikhs. Also if i am pure from inside thats all i need. I dont need anymore thatn that.

The reason for why i do parchaar of sikhie is to let everyone know that u must be pure on inside, and the rest does not matter. I hope people suport me on this.

you must be pure on the inside , but then you mite as well be a christian or sumat......the sikh roop is given for a reason......wen we are wearing kesh a dastar, full uncut dhari then that helps us stay on the right path, a human is constantly attacked by the 5 evils.......and at anytime anyone can have wrong thoughts and feel the urge to do a bad deed, the roop oin the outside and the 5 kakars remind us that we are khalsa and we must refrain from this.......... anyway im a moorakh, but if Guru Gobind Singh the King of Kings, gave his sikhs an identity and a roop for the outside then i think we are in no position to argue with him or dispute its importance.

Also i have never known a mona to be disrespected .......so i am sorry as it seems someones hurt your feelings, i always respect monay more, alot of times you will find people just need that little bit of inspiration which will take them a long way on their path..........if it wasnt for the sikhi roop and piyar of singhs i may not have kept kesh etc today

my advice is,....if you see a person who is bad an is a sikh or singhs who do bad deeds , dont let that be the reason for not following sikhi, because there are bad apples all the time, sikhi is about you personally and do dont let them influence your decision

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh sangat jeeo

The concern of today is why are we mona looked down upon in sikhie.

All amrit dharies of today think they are better than monai and think they have more rights than us.

I ask you this we mona singhs are not prepered to stand for this stupidness.

My pholosiphy in life is ''maan saaf rhoop saaf'' Which means if your mind is clear and good then you yourself are perfect. I as a Mona singh think that keskis is a kakkar becasue i never keep a keski away from my monaey kesh. I think that keski is a kakkar because i feel it reflets discipline, i do not want to take amrit because i feel again that your maan must be saaf then your have a clear rhoop. But keski for any mona must be important. I also feel we should do parchaar of sikhie at all times becasue we too are the khalsa and we deserve a right to say things sotechnicly we can do parchaar of sikhie at anytime we want to without amrit dharies telling us not to. PLease singhs do not call us a mona call all the mona's you see as singh becasue we are fed up of being looked down upon.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Don't worry about it. I understand where you are coming from with this issue. I also experience a lot of hate from Amritdharis and Keshdharis as well. The key is to just ignore them and follow sikhi in your own pace. Most of these amritdharis and keshdhari people have been keeping their hair and rest of the 5 K's since birth and also most of them come from families that wear turbans and etc. They don't understand how hard translation of being mona to becoming an amritdhari is. So don't bother listening to most people advices on this website unless at some point of their lives they were monas or were born in mona family.

Guest Narinder Singh

Alot of people with kes wont associate with people without kes, and a lot of people without kes wont associate with people with kes.

We've made these divides and blamed others when it was our responsibility to educate the masses, i think it's about time we start building bridges by opening up the lines of communication.

Fateh.

Alot of people with kes wont associate with people without kes, and a lot of people without kes wont associate with people with kes.

We've made these divides and blamed others when it was our responsibility to educate the masses, i think it's about time we start building bridges by opening up the lines of communication.

Fateh.

That will never happen because people's ego and pride.

Guest Narinder Singh

Fateh.

That will never happen because people's ego and pride.

If it doesnt happen, it wont be because of peoples ego and pride veerji, it will be because of our pessimistic outlook and us not understanding Guru Sahibs message.

With Guru Sahibs kirpa and blessing, anything is possible, and that's a fact.

Fateh.

British never kept any Mona sikh in their army from mid of 1800 till 1947.. The only reason : If one can't be firm in his/her religion then how he/she can fight and face the warth in battlefield.

Kandola bruv.. u have to give us some example of you being getting hurt by others in kesh issues. This is very general statement to say.. Sikhs hating mona.. we can't figure out who did what and who is at fault.. Also veerjee.. nobody can say "I am clean from inside".. Such statements shows the hamumai (though im no-one to judge) but thats what public thinks when they read such things because nobody can should do self praise :@ ..

So don't bother listening to most people advices on this website unless at some point of their lives they were monas or were born in mona family.

Pujabi link ji.. u should read some of Sikhsangat members life stories on unitedsikhs.com and you will be amazed to know that most of the visitors of SS forums came from not strong sikhi background and now with gurus kirpa they are strong in sikhi..

British never kept any Mona sikh in their army from mid of 1800 till 1947.. The only reason : If one can't be firm in his/her religion then how he/she can fight and face the warth in battlefield.

Stop living in the past my friend. Monay are heavily recruited today. Also monay crews like Shere-E-Punjab and Punjabi Mafia have done way more fighting and protecting of the Sikh community than any "Singh" has. Also keep in mind that a lot of Hindus have Singh as their last name too.

IMO, Singh = Lion. If you are not brave enough to fight like lion, then you shouldn't be called "Singh" at all regardless if one wears a turban or not.

Pujabi link ji.. u should read some of Sikhsangat members life stories on unitedsikhs.com and you will be amazed to know that most of the visitors of SS forums came from not strong sikhi background and now with gurus kirpa they are strong in sikhi..

Well how many of these Sikhs have posted in this thread so far? I will never take an advice from someone who I can't relate to and/or who never been in similar situations like I have seriously. No offence of course.