Why? Why? Why? Why? Why?

HHHMMMM.... i spose i have had shown pride in myself... Well, i think maharaaj is opening my eyes. The first thing to do now will be to get rid of pride and become humble. This is the first step. Chaloo, gallay koi nee, we all learn the hard way. As 4 keeping my kesh i have not thought of that... but any ways first things first. Thanks bros and sis out there 4 opening my eyes... A bit... okay, okay mabe a lot... AH, jees. Thnks 4 opening me eyes... WIDE!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Papi
Sikh Rehat Maryada:

Definition of Sikh:

A Sikh is defined as any person male or female who faithfully:

* i. believes in the existence of One eternal God

* ii. Accepts as their only Spiritual guide as the Guru Granth Sahib and the ten human Gurus and follows their teachings

* iii. Is preparing to take the baptism Amrit Sanchar as promoted by the tenth Guru, and

* iv. does not owe allegiance to any other religion.

its not good to lie, you distorted the rehat maryada

http://sgpc.net/rehat_maryada/section_one.html

The Definition of Sikh :

Article I

Any human being who faithfully believes in

i. One Immortal Being,

ii. Ten Gurus, from Guru Nanak Sahib to Guru Gobind Singh Sahib,

iii. The Guru Granth Sahib,

iv. The utterances and teachings of the ten Gurus and

v. the baptism bequeathed by the tenth Guru, and who does not owe allegiance to any other religion, is a Sikh

pay CLOSE attention to the last 2 points

Singhs defend righteousness and uphold the truth, they dont "fight", cut back on the Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat, :@ just kidding veereh!

The hardest battle is against our five thieves, that continually attack us, external battles are a piece of cake for those who have defeated and conquered the five.

Where were the singhs at when muslim extremists were stealing their women?

How come so many singhs in Canada ask for Punjabi Mafia for protection instead of fighting their own battles?

Point is that these singhs didn't step up when their identity and women were being attacked. So why should I called them singhs? If anything, I should call them cowards or “p-u-s-s-y cat”

Yup, if one can keep his/her hair uncut amongst the masses who cut their hair, that is a form a bravery and defiance. If one keeps strict rehit amongsts those who drink, smoke, lie, cheat, decieve or sleep with random women, thats a form of bravery. If one can give his/her head to their Guru with no questions asked, that person is brave in my book.

I guess we both got our own definition on what it means to be brave.

Sure there are a lot of reasons why monay cut their hair and continue to call themselves sikhs, just as drugs addicts have a lot of reasons as to why they continue to take drugs, yet claim to be sober. :e: A Sikh is clearly defined in the Sikh Rehit Maryada, so even if i do keep my hair, but have not taken amrit, im not a sikh according to the Guru Panth.

It's not about what people tell you who you are, its about what your Guru tells you, he says "rehit pyari mujkho, sikh pyara naahi" (the discipline of a sikh is what i love, i do not love the sikh), but Guru Sahib also says that if you take one step towards him, he'll take a hundred towards you.

Sikh Rehat Maryada:

Definition of Sikh:

* ii. Accepts as their only Spiritual guide as the Guru Granth Sahib and the ten human Gurus and follows their teachings

* iii. Is preparing to take the baptism Amrit Sanchar as promoted by the tenth Guru, and

So this means that if any person who believes in one god, ten gurus, guru granth sahib ji, working his/her way of taking amrit and does not owe allegiance to any other religion is a Sikh. So a non-amritdhari can be classified as a Sikh as well. :umm:

Its cool that youre learning about sikhi (although learning never ends), but you need to understand why some amritdhari or those that keep sikhi saroop would be offended by your lumping together of all gursikhs. Sure there are a handful of so called sikhs who look down on others who dont keep sikhi saroop, but thats the image youve continously painted of all saroop vale sikhs, which is not correct.

All the amritdharis and keshdharis I have met are nothing but backstabbers. When things get tough, they ask people like myself to help them, but when things get good, these people ditch us (monay) and start looking down on us. So of course I am going to speak up against these people and consider them all the same.

punjabi link....this is getting silly..........you are in the wrong place.....sikhi is not for you............there are plenty of sikh critics, we dont need anymore...........sikhi is about your personal relationship to the guru and Akaal Purakh.......its not about how other people treat you. its not about judging others, if you wana be a sikh , it shud be entirley for your own path in life and shud not be becos of any other reasons.......... dont expect to have your hand held, this path is about you alone................stop looking at others, the guru doesnt care about bad people..... but if you dont wnaa follow this path then dont, there is no sympathy..........infact there is no time for sympathy...each day we dont remember the guru, we lose out so get in or get out...........

These "singhs" that youre talking <admin-profanity filter activated> about have been battling muslim fanaticism and any other sort of fanaticism for the last 500 years buddy, we were just born yesterday. And sikh women have had no problem defending their own honor. Its your "punjabi" and "sikhi is inside me" girls that cant defend themselves.

How come so many singhs in Canada ask for Punjabi Mafia for protection instead of fighting their own battles?

Point is that these singhs didn't step up when their identity and women were being attacked. So why should I called them singhs? If anything, I should call them cowards or “p-u-s-s-y cat”

I know nothing of this sort and its actually quite irrelevant to the topic at hand. I'll say tomorrow that a mona start doing bhangra in the diwan hall at gurdwara, would u buy it? Probably not.

All the amritdharis and keshdharis I have met are nothing but backstabbers. When things get tough, they ask people like myself to help them, but when things get good, these people ditch us (monay) and start looking down on us. So of course I am going to speak up against these people and consider them all the same.

Good god, did you even bother reading any of my posts? When did I say, “being pure on the inside only matters”?

When did I say beating up Muslims is the solution?

Don’t you even try to words into my mouth. Do you know what the rehit meant when it stated “faithfully believe”? They meant if person have INTENTION in following those principles is a Sikh.

You need a dose of your own medicine. You dont want amritdharis to generalize by saying all monay are bad yet you think its perfectly fine for your to say all amritdharis are bad.

And from your arrogance and lack of respect for others, you're clearly not here to learn anything. I tried understanding where u were coming from and what it is that upset you, but youve just thrown around insults and generalizations, so im done.

Sikh Rehat Maryada:

Definition of Sikh:

So this means that if any person who believes in one god, ten gurus, guru granth sahib ji, working his/her way of taking amrit and does not owe allegiance to any other religion is a Sikh. So a non-amritdhari can be classified as a Sikh as well. laugh.gif

Oh and one more thing, sikhs dont go by the "sikhiwiki" version of the rehit maryada, (which is modified and distorted). Sikhs go by the SGPC rehit maryada which is accepted by the Sikh commonwealth. Below is the REAL definition of a Sikh.

The Definition of Sikh :

Article I

i. One Immortal Being,

v. the baptism bequeathed by the tenth Guru, and who does not owe allegiance to any other religion, is a Sikh

http://www.sgpc.net/rehat_maryada/section_one.html

Fateh.

Guru Gobind SIngh Ji taught and told us to keep our hair and take amrit - if you do not follow Guru Ji's teachings you aren't a sikh - so stop with the excuses- if you 'faithfully believe' in Guru Ji's teachings it stands to reason that you'll follow them. So sick of hearing people generalise- I dunno who peeved you off Punjabi Link pahji but there are thousands of Sikhs who arent BORN Amritdhari and are perfectly nice people who are ready and willing to fight for righteous reasons but dont have the opportunity. And when you fight things it dont have to be physically - i know tonnes of people who are fighting forced conversions etc non- violently cos beating up a muslim guy doesnt usually change things in the big picture. People always have excuses when they do bad things - my dad says the same thing as you - 'pure on the inside' and whatever...it all comes down to the fact that moneh are too worried about what other people think of them, and are afraid to stand out from the crowds. However there are plenty of moneh gearing up to take amrit and/or are beginning to grow their kes. I'm not saying everyone is the same- so if I've offended anyone,

Bhull Chukk Maaf Karna

Good god, did you even bother reading any of my posts? When did I say, “being pure on the inside only matters”?

When did I say beating up Muslims is the solution?

Don’t you even try to put words into my mouth. Do you know what the rehit meant when it stated “faithfully believe”? They meant if person has INTENTION in following those principles is a Sikh.

Sikh Rehat Maryada:

Definition of Sikh:

its not good to lie, you distorted the rehat maryada

http://sgpc.net/rehat_maryada/section_one.html

The Definition of Sikh :

Article I

i. One Immortal Being,

pay CLOSE attention to the last 2 points

You need to pay CLOSE attention to the first sentence. Also if you took the time of reading the rehit, you will see that it clearly state the term amritdhari and non-amritdhari.

Singhs defend righteousness and uphold the truth, they dont "fight", cut back on the Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat, :@ just kidding veereh!

The hardest battle is against our five thieves, that continually attack us, external battles are a piece of cake for those who have defeated and conquered the five.

Yup, if one can keep his/her hair uncut amongst the masses who cut their hair, that is a form a bravery and defiance. If one keeps strict rehit amongsts those who drink, smoke, lie, cheat, decieve or sleep with random women, thats a form of bravery. If one can give his/her head to their Guru with no questions asked, that person is brave in my book.

I guess we both got our own definition on what it means to be brave.

Sure there are a lot of reasons why monay cut their hair and continue to call themselves sikhs, just as drugs addicts have a lot of reasons as to why they continue to take drugs, yet claim to be sober. :e: A Sikh is clearly defined in the Sikh Rehit Maryada, so even if i do keep my hair, but have not taken amrit, im not a sikh according to the Guru Panth.

It's not about what people tell you who you are, its about what your Guru tells you, he says "rehit pyari mujkho, sikh pyara naahi" (the discipline of a sikh is what i love, i do not love the sikh), but Guru Sahib also says that if you take one step towards him, he'll take a hundred towards you.

Sikh Rehat Maryada:

Definition of Sikh:

So this means that if any person who believes in one god, ten gurus, guru granth sahib ji, working his/her way of taking amrit and does not owe allegiance to any other religion is a Sikh. So a non-amritdhari can be classified as a Sikh as well. :umm:

Its cool that youre learning about sikhi (although learning never ends), but you need to understand why some amritdhari or those that keep sikhi saroop would be offended by your lumping together of all gursikhs. Sure there are a handful of so called sikhs who look down on others who dont keep sikhi saroop, but thats the image youve continously painted of all saroop vale sikhs, which is not correct.

punjabi link....this is getting silly..........you are in the wrong place.....sikhi is not for you............there are plenty of sikh critics, we dont need anymore...........sikhi is about your personal relationship to the guru and Akaal Purakh.......its not about how other people treat you. its not about judging others, if you wana be a sikh , it shud be entirley for your own path in life and shud not be becos of any other reasons.......... dont expect to have your hand held, this path is about you alone................stop looking at others, the guru doesnt care about bad people..... but if you dont wnaa follow this path then dont, there is no sympathy..........infact there is no time for sympathy...each day we dont remember the guru, we lose out so get in or get out...........

When did I question the actually Sikh religion? I only questioned what people here have been saying. Next time, take your time and read every post in this thread before making assumption here. If not, then get out of here. We don’t need people like you here.

let me turn the question around. why do monay look down on amritharis? why why why why why

dont pretend like it dont happen, they do it more then amritharis do.

Monay who look down on you people are usually doing it as part of retaliation. I personally don’t look down on amritdharis and keshdharis, but a lot of them do piss me off though.

Narinder Singh said:

These "singhs" that youre talking <admin-profanity filter activated> about have been battling muslim fanaticism and any other sort of fanaticism for the last 500 years buddy, we were just born yesterday. And sikh women have had no problem defending their own honor. Its your "punjabi" and "sikhi is inside me" girls that cant defend themselves

Ha. I remember a case where an amritdhari girl was dating a muslim man. Once her father found out that his daughter was dating a muslim, he had a heart attack. This happen in some small town in Ontario, Canada. I also remember reading a story on the internet how some amritdhari girl from UK dated some muslim man before. Point is that amritdharis aren’t innocent either.

Narinder Singh said:

I know nothing of this sort and its actually quite irrelevant to the topic at hand. I'll say tomorrow that a mona start doing bhangra in the diwan hall at gurdwara, would u buy it? Probably not.

Ask a Punjabi Mafia member in jail about how they save a lot of singhs. The story goes by this: in the early 90’s a lot of “singhs” were getting bullied at school and pretty much everywhere by whites and blacks. These “singhs” were scare to fight back so they decide to get some help. But the problem was that a lot of sikh leaders and cops didn’t really care about them, so they ask monay to protect them which later on they call themselves the Punjabi Mafia. That is how the Punjabi Mafia got started.